[A17] Stomach (vital organ) gets suggested for amputation

Started by Mehni, June 21, 2017, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

Upon contracting infection or gutworms, there's an option to remove the stomach.

The stomach is a vital organ.

Removing the stomach kills the patient.

Like other vital organs, stomachs should probably get the <dontSuggestAmputation>true</dontSuggestAmputation> XML tag.

faltonico

I didn't notice that.
But the real error is making the stomach a vital organ, not being able to remove it. It is not IRL.

nccvoyager

Indeed, it would seem that the bug in question is that the stomach is considered a vital organ in A17.

In older versions, the stomach was not considered a vital organ that killed the patient upon removal, and was thus completely fine for amputation/removal.
The pawn would then eat at an extremely slow rate as a result.
IIRC, this behaviour was implemented in anticipation of eventually being able to replace a stomach.

As-is, the removal of a stomach in reality is done, for certain types of cancer most often, and people can live without a stomach.

faltonico

What changed was:

<activities>
      <li>Eating_digestion</li>
    </activities>

to

<tags>
      <li>MetabolismSource</li>
    </tags>

I haven't tested what happens when deleting that or setting it back the way it was in A16.

ison

The health system has been reworked in A17. I'll leave this for Tynan to decide whether stomach should be a vital organ.

Tynan

It should not be a vital organ.

Of course pawns can eat even without one, which is weird, but we can allow it until they get a bionic stomach.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison