Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Started by RimSol, June 19, 2017, 03:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceteazz

Quote from: 8roads on June 20, 2017, 11:24:19 AM
Quote from: iceteazz on June 20, 2017, 07:17:51 AM
Quote from: RimSol on June 19, 2017, 03:54:16 PM
Hey guys- first post ever.

I love this game. It fulfills my love for survival, strategy, city building and RPG gameplay.

What's the best way to make a ton of money these days? It seems as if they leveled off smokeleaf and flake.

_ Honestly, i recommend you should not follow some business ways to make ton of money, i really really recommend you. Because if you just play like normal, slowly expand, gather stuff, make foods, recruit troops, make weapons and build your base regulary, you will not get much trouble in surviving unless playing in harsh biome or crazy story mode.

_ Otherwise, all sudden big influx of money and wealth come to your colony will lead to crazy bigger raids and mechanoids attacks. If you prepair enough and got a big percentage of wealth in weapons, turrets, armors and defend system, you will be fine but that's what a very good and experienced player will do, most of us - new players and even many long time player will not know that or just don't know how to do that. The result is tragedy, big raids vs weak defensive system and low equip troops who are protecting a huge pile of wealth that sit in storage for nothing. I learned very hard way that wealth management is as important as mood management, but not many players know that or they just shut their mouth and let us suffer while devilish laughing from far away :D

Want to hide your cash?

_ Lmao, i know this but ... i was thinking it's somekind of big exploit that will ruin the fun so i don't speak it out loud here, and i thought Tynan fixed it, or he didn't ? lol

Limdood

if you want to hide your cash, just wait for the "Nigerian Prince business opportunity" event....DUH.  I've hidden away thousands of silver in that event.  Gonna ask for my investment return tomorrow.  I'm feeling good about this!

8roads

Quote from: iceteazz on June 20, 2017, 02:26:39 PM

_ Lmao, i know this but ... i was thinking it's somekind of big exploit that will ruin the fun so i don't speak it out loud here, and i thought Tynan fixed it, or he didn't ? lol

emergency only ;)

RimSol

wow, guys, thanks!

I never knew about wealth = risk of larger raids.

I always start out strong, get up to 8-9 pawns, collect tons of resources, begin preparing for my next phase of technology (right around the time I get my thermal electric generating machine), get a massive raid that injures half my colonists, then have three more bad things happen in a row that kills everyone.

Gohihioh

Greed in this game pretty much kills you.
You can't really go for trader playthrough, since if you decide to become rich but your defences, colonists and base are not prepare for it, you gonna have to pay for it in a hard way.

Limdood

Quote from: Gohihioh on June 21, 2017, 10:53:03 AM
Greed in this game pretty much kills you.
You can't really go for trader playthrough, since if you decide to become rich but your defences, colonists and base are not prepare for it, you gonna have to pay for it in a hard way.

not at all.  If you define "greed" as "stockpiling silver and goods and just sitting on them," then, yes, it'll get you raided harder.  If you instead sink that wealth into strong, layered walls and turrets, deadfalls, strong weapons, trained animals, then greed is simply "fast mode"

RimSol

This would explain why the first massive attack that put me on my heels included 12-15 attackers with machine guns/grenades/incendiary launcher and the attack I just experienced last night while surviving with my 3 beat to crap followers living out of my refrigerator only caused 3 guys with bolt actions to attack.

RimSol

Thanks for all the help. I got more done in one gaming session with 3 pawns than I had in a week's worth of gaming with 8 pawns.

No longer recruiting everyone that isn't a complete psychopath. Being very selective of the pawns I decide to pick up and am not spending so much time tending to wasteful pawn's mental break risks.

I've been investing all of my silver and iron into my defenses/weapons/armor and it makes a huge difference. The raids I'm getting haven't been larger than 4 enemies at once...so far.

This is the best game that's come around in a long, long time. Not just strategy games....all games.

doctercorgi

At this point its easy mode until mechs show up. Raise the difficulty :) !