[Mod request, maybe] Starting site picker

Started by prodotes, June 23, 2017, 05:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prodotes

Greetings everyone.
So I don't know if something like that already exists or is planned but I can't find anything like it so I'm asking for help here.
Is there a mod that would let me narrow down my selection when picking random sites.
When I hit select random site it's flat 90% of the time or so, since most of the map is flat. But when I wanna start in a specific region it's usually "a lot" of searching. It would be nice if there was a button to randomly pick a site based on criteria or a mod that would highlight all the choices. Say you tell it to only pick large and small hills with a growing time between 30 and 40 days in extreme deserts with only 2 types of rocks.
Best solution would, of course, be a way to highlight the options on the map. Say you have everything enabled, then you disable yea-round growing and those parts of the map un-highlight... then you unclick 20 days and those go away... and so on... But mostly i pick starting zones with only 2 types of rocks instead of 3 that have large hills or mountains cause I love having stone when I need it. And since my PC isn't the fastest, scrolling the map and looking for those conditions can sometimes be slow :)

Thanks in advance, even if the mod doesn't exist :)

And to Ludeon, if they ever read the post, keep up the good work! :)