Help With Mod Load Order?

Started by TonyKuremento, June 21, 2017, 04:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyKuremento

I am having trouble getting all of these mods to function. I am not sure if some are not playing well with others despite changes in a17 or if I just have the order really, really wrong. It is probably the latter. I want to make it clear though that I'm getting these mods from the Steam Workshop specifically. I am going to also in the meantime go through all the mod entries to make sure I have any prerequisite mods, though I'm fairly certain I already got them. I would have put the list in a spoiler or something but I don't see that as an option?

HugsLib
Plant Cutting is for Growers!
Sun Lamp Power
Less Rebuff
Map Reroll
Wildlife Tab
Cooks Can Refuel
Organized Research T ab
Hand Me That Brick
RT's Weapon Pack
Packified Animals
AllowDeadMansApparel
CleaningArea
Defensive Positions
Blueprints
Efficient Light
Relations Tab
Colony Manager
Medical Tab
Area Unlocker
The Birds and the Bees
Stack Merger
Fluffy Breakdowns
Feed The Colonists
LT-DoorMat
RT Fuse
Cocoa's Embrasures
Legs!
[RF] Basic Bridges [a17]
[RF] Smooth Stone Walls [a17]
MT - Silent Doors
Path Avoid - A17
More Faction Bases
Animated Marshes
EdB Prepare Carefully
QualityBuilder

SuedKAT

Well just by looking at that load order I don't see anything obvious, like putting HugsLib at the bottom for example, however at the same time I would have done it a bit different. I generally have all misc stuff changing behavior or the GUI at the top. QualityBuilder, Medical Tab, Area Unlocker, EdB Prepare Carefully for example I would have put in the top, after that I generally put food, materials + floors, furniture and then medical since that tends to work with how I alter some of the mods to be linkable with each other, like new medical stuff to modded beds etc.

After that I generally put power, weapons + turrets and lastly I put random stuff like LT-DoorMat, [RF] Basic Bridges [a17] etc and last I put hair mods. So far that have worked ok.

What exactly ain't working correctly for you? Might be easier to troubleshoot that way.

TonyKuremento

Quote from: SuedKAT on June 22, 2017, 12:55:04 PM
Well just by looking at that load order I don't see anything obvious, like putting HugsLib at the bottom for example, however at the same time I would have done it a bit different. I generally have all misc stuff changing behavior or the GUI at the top. QualityBuilder, Medical Tab, Area Unlocker, EdB Prepare Carefully for example I would have put in the top, after that I generally put food, materials + floors, furniture and then medical since that tends to work with how I alter some of the mods to be linkable with each other, like new medical stuff to modded beds etc.

After that I generally put power, weapons + turrets and lastly I put random stuff like LT-DoorMat, [RF] Basic Bridges [a17] etc and last I put hair mods. So far that have worked ok.

What exactly ain't working correctly for you? Might be easier to troubleshoot that way.

Some of my tabs and a few other mods weren't working. However just having you explain the order like that actually has helped me. Even after adding a few mods, using your general rule seems to have them all working! :D The only thing I knew about mod order is libraries first and if you have a sound removal mod put it after HD sound mods so the HD sound for what you want to remove doesn't overwrite the removal :P