Bridges?

Started by Lihovski, June 22, 2017, 04:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lihovski

Hello! The latest update has been a fantastic means of feeling the reality of ecosystems w/ all these rivers around. However, if one tries to settle on both banks, it is neded to make some means of better communication of resources as well as (epecially) energy, as for now you need to build separate energy systems for riverbank A and riverbank B.
Is there any possibility that we will be able to see bridges implemented in the game at some point?
Thnx for an amaizing game, btw.

Gonumen

I can see bridges being implemented in next alpha or the one after it. I think rivers are really great addition but a game with rivers and no bridges is not complete imo. But if I can add anything to this idea it's that I'd like them to be in structures section and not just basic floors. Maybe so that you can set the size of the bridge and a material that it's made out of and the just place it like a building.

milon

FYI, there's a mod that adds bridges to the game:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32192.0

There may be others around too.

NeonOverIon

Bridge mods are great (I personally use Bridgello) but having them in vanilla would surely be better for all, No? After all, opening up opportunities for construction on water could possibly lead to the implementation of water-based travel (Eg. Boats and Ships).

mumblemumble

I gotta agree with this : while there IS a mod, and it works, currently rivers are a bit of a pain. You cannot really do anything around a river construction wise which is a bit of a pain. Even if the process for making something over a river was difficult, it would be handy, compared to having a strip of land that can never be altered.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

ProjectXa3

Yeah, mods are great and all, but getting something workable and balanced into the vanilla is better for everyone.
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

milon

I'm all for bridges in vanilla RimWorld - I was just pointing out that there's options for the more immediate future too. ;)