[1.0] Assign Prisoner Beds

Started by Adil, January 26, 2018, 09:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adil

This mod reuses code from animal logic to add "assign owner" button to prison beds. This should allow moving prisoners from cell to cell.

There are still problems with it however.

If a prisoner cannot reach the assigned bed on his own but can reach another free prison bed, he will switch ownership to the latter.  Also, if prisoner is in bed already and cannot reach the new bed any assignments will be cancelled.

This is actually vanilla behavior for all colony pawns. Wardens sometimes move prisoners to their assigned rooms. Or if you allow prisoner to wander outside his cell, then you can use drafted colonists to arrest them into new bed.

To improve that behavior, one will have to plunge rather deep into vanilla behavior code. I currently lack and am unlikely to obtain such knowledge anytime soon. Still in its current state, the using the mod seems to be more convenient than vanilla tricks for moving prisoners. So I'm calling this a release. If someone is willing to finish the job, you have my blessing.

Download link
google drive
googleDrive_b18

mod requires hugslib.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

wwWraith

We missed it for so long time! Even if it doesn't solve the problem completely, it makes it much less annoying. Thanks a lot! :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

XeoNovaDan

Nice! Would it be possible to do a version for animals too? I know that Animal Logic does it, but as a standalone that'd be great.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 27, 2018, 02:57:40 PM
Nice! Would it be possible to do a version for animals too? I know that Animal Logic does it, but as a standalone that'd be great.

That would be awesome if we had prisoner and animal beds in one mod, for me at least. I think it was cool how Animal Logic had the feature to let bonded pets no "disturb sleep" for their masters when they come to lay in their bed in the same bedroom. So everyone could have their own husky or whatever in their bedroom :)

Adil

Oh, hi!
I it seems that Tynan desided to rename one method which was used by this mod.
I've updated it:
version_1.something
I'm currently not capable of doing much more work on this, but maybe eventually it will go on steam.

Damokles

Hi Adil, any chance that you can add this to steam anytime soon? It is a much needed feature.

the_gonopo

maybe an odd request, but I cant find a mod for it anywhere. does the code allow for the reverse for colonists? I was hoping to have my colonists pick a random nearest bed similar to prisoners and animals. do you know if the code you added here for prisoners can be removed from colonists?

Canute

You don't need a mod for that.
A pawn auto. choose a free bed/bedroll/sleeping spot if he don't got one allready once he want to sleep.