Not sure if my real life name will be accepted

Started by doomdrvk, June 22, 2017, 05:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doomdrvk

My problem is that my last name sounds like a curseword, I would like to support the developers but I would also like to have my name ingame.
My last name is [Removed] which sounds like i'm trying to bypass a filter.

milon

Unfortunately there's no pre-approval, so without purchasing a Creative Rewards tier you won't know if it'll get accepted or not.  A rejection is not a waste of money, though, but a temporary setback. You just go back and tweak the character and try again.  If Kuntz doesn't get in, you can try another name.

Having said that, I personally think it would be accepted (that's no guarantee of course - I don't make ANY official decisions) and I think we already have a Kuntz or Kunz or something similar.

doomdrvk

Well thanks, I want to support the devs since its probably one of my favorite games on steam. And third on the game I've spent the most hours on. Hopefully my name is added.

Calahan

Just checked the names currently in the game (via the option menu>Add Name), and there is currently a Kunz, Kunze, and Kunc. But no Kuntz. (not that that's a sign of anything as it's quite possible nobody had tried submitting a pawn with that name yet. So try it and see I guess).

doomdrvk

Well my name was approved. So I'm happy. I'm also happy to support the developer.

Calahan

Glad to hear you got your name in as you wanted. I've also merged you thread with your previous one as it's the same topic / CCR support ticket.

doomdrvk

Quote from: Calahan on October 25, 2017, 10:38:24 AM
Glad to hear you got your name in as you wanted. I've also merged you thread with your previous one as it's the same topic / CCR support ticket.
Well thats fine mate I expected something like that. I would rather not have my post cluttering the forum anyway. The original thread that you merged was about something that I misunderstood atfirst thinking the name is linked to a character which is generated randomly, then I realized the character changes. Anyway thanks mate.