Endangered Rim, A RimWorld of Endangered species

Started by lukamas, July 30, 2017, 06:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukamas

Hi, guys, I am very happy to say, this is my First RimWorld mod, and here are some details

Endangered Rim, is the first RimWorld mod to add Endangered and Rare Animals to the game.

You Will see Animals not found in other RimWorld mods.

So Get Ready for the Ultimate Wildlife experience in RimWorld

Finished Animals;

Clouded Leopard

Maned Wolf

There will be many more animals to come.

lukamas

I have another new animal for the mod, The Giant Sable Antelope,

this is the first time this Animal has debut in a RimWorld mod.

DoctorVanGogh

Now.... considering the average Rimworld player:

You are aware that most of those animals will literally get slaughtered and skinned?
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

lukamas

thank you, its gonna be a great mod, I appreciate the feedback.

and if the player wants to kill all the animals inside the mod, be my guest, every player is different in how they strategize the game, from what I have seen.

The-Eroks

I am a huge fan of animal mods! Anything that expands the variety of the game is good in my book  ;)

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on August 01, 2017, 08:27:25 AM
Now.... considering the average Rimworld player:

You are aware that most of those animals will literally get slaughtered and skinned?

Yes, but some also take the time to learn about the tasty meal and nice leather jacket they just slaughtered. Even if the average player doesn't engage necessarily with the uniqueness of a particular animal/creature, that doesn't mean there isn't value in adding variety and tweeking stats or adding features to increase the game's depth.

Examples: The antelope horns can be another trade good, used to make artistic objects or weapons by creating a new type, and the leather of rare species can be set to have a higher trade value. Savoy players would get more out of the mod by knowing these little insights

lukamas

Hi, I have a question regarding this mod,

I wonder is there a way to add marine life or birds to rimworld?