Want to test the game? (closed)

Started by Tynan, September 17, 2013, 12:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Call for testers is closed at the moment. Thanks to everyone who has applied!

Want to test the game? Post here! It would be good if you could answer these questions, too:
-On what operating systems can you test the game? Windows, Mac, and/or Linux?
-Have you tested a game before its release? This means in a private group, giving feedback directly to developers. Not giant anonymous beta tests.
-Are you willing and able to record a video of your first playthrough so I can look at it? This is useful to me because it helps me understand how new players interact with the game. This doesn't require commentary or any editing or skill - the point is just to see what people do when faced with RimWorld for the first time. This is the only way I can tune that key initial experience; I'm too close to the game to be able to replicate it myself. Recording video while playing will require a pretty beefy machine, so if you're playing on a non-gaming laptop this won't work.

The above two aren't requirements, but they're good to know and helpful.

And thanks in advance to all volunteers!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Drabus

I think Leanne and I are due for another test, with all the new features added!
I've beta tested WoW, Star Wars Old Republic, Neverwinter Online, and your game! =)

WolveNZ

Will be just adding info then:

Windows Vista 64

Did testing for Warthunder and that World of tanks, Automation, Underrail, Probs a couple more of those MMO type downloadable thingys as well, but cant remember..

Am Willing, and do have some form of Commentary and Editing knowhow for videos

Foxx90

Hello! I'd really like to help testing the game, I already tested Age of Conan before and I'm able and willing to make a Youtube video of the game.

Skorvold

Have you tested a game before its release? No, but I've done bug testing for Space Station 13.
Are you willing and able to record a video of your first playthrough so I can look at it? Yes, providing it can be recorded with Fraps or Bandicam, I would definitely record my first play through with or without commentary.

UsF

I would like to test as well.

1. I have tested several official beta games as well as NDA covered ones. I also turned into an alpha-fanatic, meaning I like to grab as many early access games as possible, because I like the feeling of being able to be involved in the process. That does however of course mean that if I get my hands on something, where I suddenly feel like it doesn't do what I think it does, my "help level" drops massively and I basically let the game rest. Just being honest. :) Some examples for testing are Men of War Assault Squad, Planetside 2 and several Paradox Interactive titles.

2. I can provide a recording of my gameplay through means of Youtube unlisted video if you so desire. I did not do many videos there, but if you want to look at it: http://www.youtube.com/user/DasBreitschwert I can also upload them elsewhere on free file-hosting sites if you so desire.

HocusPocus

I would love to test your game. I have tested many games before as far back as Asheron's Call. Been a tester for a long time and enjoy the process of helping game development. I can't record play sessions but happy to give feedback, error reports etc. Hope that's enough, thanks.

xTAMERx

-Have you tested a game before its release?
yes, i can give you a sheet with to-do*s
-Are you willing and able to record a video of your first playthrough so I can look at it?
yes, no problem, but without comments  8)

Wer6

-Have you tested a game before its release? Yes I have, to a game called space station 13
-Are you willing and able to record a video of your first play through so I can look at it? I am not sure how to, but if I can, I will.

I would like to bug test this game, because it has interested me, and I would like to help its development, to we can get it to other people

Castaras

Have you tested a game before its release?
No, I haven't - I've been in open betas (War for the Overworld being the primary one) but not private ones. So long as someone points me to what to do, I'll do science on this game and try my best to break it for you.  ;D
Are you willing and able to record a video of your first playthrough so I can look at it?
Yes. I'll also keep notes of things I do. I can offer a very ditzy but reasonably intelligent start, with lots of stupid mistakes, as well as a stream of out loud thinking to help see the questions I'm asking while playing. I'd be using Open Broadcaster as my software of choice for recording.

This game looks intriguing and feels like it could become an excellent base building game. I'm mostly a city-builder and rpg player, although I've messed around with a couple of base builders (Overlord, Evil Genius, Dungeon Keeper).

Thanks for your time. :)

weasel

Just semi-public ones like KSP, Prison Architect, DAoC, etc.

Are you willing and able to record a video of your first playthrough so I can look at it?

Sure if it'll help.

Looks interesting so far, good luck!

Jeremy

I have beta tested Diablo 3, WoW, and have also tested some public games like Gnomoria. I also work as QA in the (non game)software industry.

Yup!

Looks like a very interesting game, and would love to have a chance to test it out!

Thief

Many: Cardhunter, C&C Tiberium Alliances, Diablo 3, Age of Empires Online, Darkspore, Lego Universe, Final Fantasy XIV, D&D Online, City of Villains, etc.
I'm also a professional games dev.

Definitely!

durandal

Happy to fling my hat into the ring. Game writer here.

1) Have tested the following

• Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  • Eve-Online
  • World in Conflict
  • ARMA III
  • Planetside 2

2) Can I record AV?
Sure, not done so before but I can. I certainly have the PC capable of doing so.

enystrom8734

-On what operating systems can you test the game?
Windows and Linux (can do virtual or physical if necessary), Mac if it will run on a dual core 10.4 Mac (it's my wifes)

• I have tested betas for a few games (Prison Architect, Loadout, RYL, KSP, Factorio, Starsector) but nothing private.
  • I am currently a Software Test Engineer with 5 years QA bug testing, could send you my resume :P. Currently doing software test for VoIP server software
-Are you willing and able to record a video of your first playthrough so I can look at it?
Yes I can, I have the computer power to do so and am trying to get into the recording/streaming lets play fun times that people do.

I love bug testing, so much its my job, give me anything and Ill break it :D Of course when you're looking for people again.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734