[1.0] Science Never Stops

Started by alaestor, June 24, 2017, 11:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaestor

Quote from: aleido58 on June 29, 2017, 03:49:49 AM
Well, I'm trying this on a VERY heavily modded savegame ( so maybe is one of those +80 mods  :P ) to test balance of weapons compatibilities and stuff... The other thing is that I have to finish yet the research for the fuel cell and I have it there too. [...]

That's very strange. Also strange that it isn't adding other recipies that are hidden behind the infinite research.

I don't think I'll be able to help. This is likely a "conflict" with another mod, but I have no idea.

aleido58

No problem, as I said, apart from that everything seems to be working fine.
Maybe if I'm in the mood I'll do some trial an error with the mods to look into it...

Thanks anyways and liking the mod so far  ;D

Positronium

It might be a conflict with mods (70+) but it appears that "atomically constructing" (The researched costed 500k) is labelled as "cooking"? Idk, my cook bots are using the atomic constructor  despite me adding a skill of 5 crafting to its bills to prevent them.

ZE

request ~ i know others have said something along this line, but can i have something for my research please?

unobtanium refinement perhaps? every 10000k of research increases a core value like "unobtanium level" +1 which feeds into each of the various unobtanium item's values to increase them by a small amount

ie.
Unobtainium Arm ~ efficiency 200% + (ULvl * 0.01)
Unobtainium Fiber ~ beauty + (ULvl * .5) other stats +(ULvl * 0.01)

i dunno, just spitballing

lordramza

alaestor

Updated to B18
Minor changes (logged)
Older versions can be found on the download sites.

Quote from: ZE on September 19, 2017, 09:54:58 AM
request ~ i know others have said something along this line, but can i have something for my research please?

unobtanium refinement perhaps? every 10000k of research increases a core value like "unobtanium level" +1 which feeds into each of the various unobtanium item's values to increase them by a small amount

ie.
Unobtainium Arm ~ efficiency 200% + (ULvl * 0.01)
Unobtainium Fiber ~ beauty + (ULvl * .5) other stats +(ULvl * 0.01)

That's a bit beyond my scope for this project. I threw it together in an afternoon (mostly because I thought it would be funny to put dickbutt in a mod, and also because I wanted the infinite research...)

I only do XML 'modding' (just providing values for the games default behavior to use). That sort of C# modding is better left to someone else. I really hate C#...

Also, I think I've recieved a "repeatable research that buffs stuff" request on every mod I've put out there... Maybe someone should do that... Hmm....

alaestor

Updated the Complete variant to mv2.1.1
tweaking some hidden cheaty-stuff... not much to write home about (unless you like the atomic constructor / star trek replicator)

Warlord27

Do you have a plan adding some Turret,Weapon,Armor,Building,Furniture, and/or faction?
War is inevitable and Peace is temporary
War will start with fire before the water came end
Peace will start with water after the fire perish itself
Rebuilding and readying for the war and rebuilding it again
Until there's nothing left in this realm

alaestor

Updated to b19, old versions still available.
Removed the ability to smelt weapons to get back obtainium, as there were some errors with "smeltable=false" that I couldn't seem to narrow down.

alaestor

mv2.2.1 bugfix pushed. Unobtainium items now have proper stats and dont deteriorate.

alaestor

Updated to 1.0 (mv2.3.0)
Old versions can be found in the downloads.

ImAllen

Just had to make a account and say thanks for the update. Love this mod.

makotech222

On latest release, when i try to craft the 'Hidden item', the crafting fails, and the logs show that an null ref exception occurred. Looking through the defs, nothing obvious is visible.

qinlongfei

This is a really great mod for extreme late game quality of life improvement (or in my case, really fast way to set a starting colony up because I have no problem using cheat mode when playing sandbox game). The extreme bonus from unobtainium makes melee weapon from beginning of the game viable even in late game, which is great because I love to do more of a fashionrim playstyle where I give my pawn their age appropriate weapon/clothing based on which faction they belong to before I recruited them. So thank you very much for this mod!

Couple of extremely minor nitpicks.

The unobtainium wall use etched texture for stone walls, instead of smooth texture, which is a bit distracting because I like to dig into a mountain and basically make a Fallout verse Vault for my colony. Is it possible to change it into a smooth texture, or at least have an optional patch to do so?

Not sure if it's intended, engine limitation or an oversight, but I find it strange unobtainium gives a 300% rest bonus but unobtainium fiber doesn't. Shouldn't textile be better to rest on than cold metal?

A suggestion for possible future addition (only if you want to of course, I'm already happy with what I have so far). Maybe add some kind of unobtainium infused brick, and unobtainium infused wood so things use those two can also have benefit for a late game quality of life bonus? Maybe combine unobtainium metal with any block into unobtainium bricks, and combine unobtainium fiber into wood to get unobtainium wood.