Save Loading on One computer but Not the Other

Started by Rathlord, June 25, 2017, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathlord

Heya guys,

I just picked up Rimworld again on my Macbook while on vacation and have been quite enjoying it. However, I wanted to continue playing when I got home and loaded up the game on my PC (thanks to Steam sync), however the save file doesn't load on my PC. Went back to my Macbook and the save still loads fine. Not sure what to do about it.

Here's the log file: https://pastebin.com/HTn49HDW

If anything else is needed let me know. Cheers!

nccvoyager

Looking around a little, Steam Sync may be a little broken for the Mac version at the moment.
Maybe, maybe not, I can't verify.
(For the devs; supposedly, Steam Sync is looking in a different folder from where RimWorld is actually saving/looking for the files on Macs. As mentioned, I cannot verify this myself.)

Regardless, according to the log, there was an exception while loading the saved game.
This error was caused by the game attempting to access an array index that doesn't exist.
I haven't seen RimWorld do that before, so it may be a good idea for a dev to take a look at the saved file that caused that error.
In that, I would appreciate it if you could provide a copy of the saved game that was downloaded from the Steam cloud.
If created, it can be found here on the Windows version.
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Saves
The file can be compressed, or if it is too large once compressed, it can be uploaded to a third-party site like Google Drive or a file sharing service.

As for actually being able to continue the colony, I would highly suggest manually moving the saved data from the Mac to the other system.
This is where my expertise more or less ends, as I have effectively no experience with Macs.
I did find a few possible locations though.
The bottom two are the most likely for A17, I believe.
User/Library/Application support/Rimworld/Saves
User/Library/Caches/Rimworld/Saves
~/Library/Application support/Rimworld/Saves
~/Library/Caches/Rimworld/Saves
~/Library/Application\ Support/RimWorld/Saves/
~/Library/Caches\ Support/RimWorld/Saves/
~/Library/Application\ Support/RimWorld By Ludeon Studios/Saves
~/Library/Application\ Support/RimWorld/Saves/

You  can probably use a cloud storage site (like Google Drive perhaps) to move the files.

mirrornexto

I'm having the same issue. Here is the link to the thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34722.msg355645

My guess it's cased by the seed of the world and the location of your colony on the world. My colony is really close a to a river. What about yours, Rathlord?