Top 5 mods you can't play without

Started by Minus, November 15, 2014, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus

Wittling your modlist down to just 5, which mods would you pick as the most essential? Which mods add so much to the game that it'd feel weird to play without them? I've not got many mods right now and am looking to see what most consider the best, so post away! (Preferably post them as links)

Recipe Nurse is assumed to be on all your lists anyway, so no need to add that.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

skullywag

EdB prepare carefully (i like playing as myself)
EdB interface
Ts-Floors (love the wood ones)
My own MorePower mod
My own MoreDeco mod

Also no RNurse as no bionic/medical mods...as I have my own.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

1. EdB Interface
2. My own mod!
3. My other own mod (I've made them for myself so =P I like hats and wider range of hair)
4. <insert your mod here>  ::) Very smooth!
5. The whichever of T's Mods add the Cabbages
(I have an salad bar in my town. and it has allowed me to open chain of "simple mealeries" around with stacking
the farm produce in their own kitchens ->'Chez Carrot' 'Au Tomato' 'Potatoes A la vanilla' etc.)

Really I find it very hard to rank them up. I have no reason to keep only 5 mods running so =P lot of the mods just have some specific things I couldn't live without now
For examples clutter's metal floor platings and dark concrete and rikikikiki's "Stone block factory" and haplo's landbased trader and without jellies medkit factory I wouldn't be able to harvest all those limbs and I don't know what I'd do with my braindead people without the AI cores/BrainPALs  and I don't know if I'd been able to defend my place so well without any killboxes/turrets if I didn't have the embrasures (I mean I could use the gunracks in their stead but ::) I have a secret for you! they don't just look as good) Also the More Furniture Sofas and Endtables, so good! OH! and the fridge mod, my restaurants wouldn't have that right aesthetic without them

There's probably others too that I can't just think off the top of my head
Edit: Oh yeah! Skully's tazer makes some of my own melee mechs really horrifying and devastating and fun!

Minus

This isn't really my top 5, so much as it is pretty much my entire modlist.

EdB Prepare Carefully
Extended Surgery and Bionics
Apothecarius Seven
EdB Interface UI Mod
More Hydroponics Basins

Gonna be adding most of the ones you guy's've mentioned here though after this because they sound great!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

NoImageAvailable

1. Realistic Weapons - makes life without killboxes not only possible, but fun!
2. EdB Interface - a no-brainer
3. The mod that lowers priority on survival meals, forgot the name - again a no-brainer
4. Fortifications Mod - Embrasures. And barbed wire. Friggin barbed wire, man!
5. Apparello - cause I really like the light power armor

Lots of runner ups for #5 although I wouldn't really consider any mod to be "essential". Which is really to credit Tynan, his game is solid enough to stand on its own, something that cannot be said of AAA titles like Skyrim, which must be modded heavily before becoming enjoyable.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Rikiki

• EdbPrepareCarefully (even if it's a little cheaty sometimes... ;D)
  • Apothecarius for the medicine production
  • Clutter for all the nice customization options
  • Glassworks for some nice looking labs/prisons
  • and... surprise! M&Co. Mods 8)

For now, I resisted the temptation of crafting my own bionic parts.
I am also trying to not get too far away from the vanilla feeling, I really love this game as it is! :)