Mark for smelting

Started by Yomega13, June 26, 2017, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yomega13

Maby add a button on weapons in the stockpile to mark them for smelting/disassembling,
Right now it's a bit messy to set the bills to only smelt the weapons you don't need or want for the future

NeonOverIon

Simple and effective, I like it. +1

Aerial

This would be soooo much better than the current system.

+1

SpaceDorf

+1 .. you mean melting.
smelting is the process of extracting metals from their ores in a furnace :)

I like the current system that allows me to autmatically scrap everything that does not meet my standards for keeping or selling.
But an additional filter option that allows me to get rid of the rest instead of forcing me to create single-item filters would complete the system.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Limdood

smelting is the term the game uses...even for weapons.

Also +1

Trylobyte

+1.  Sometimes I make a weapon and just decide I don't want it anymore but I can't smelt/disassemble it without risking going through my entire stockpile.

Toast

A Friend

This could be applied to slags and chunks as well.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Limdood

i just thought....there is a downside to this...it removes the ability of the smelter to determine smelting range - unless both the smelter bill AND the stockpile have to be set right, which just doubles the work instead of making it easier.

Aerial

Quote from: Limdood on June 29, 2017, 10:35:05 AM
i just thought....there is a downside to this...it removes the ability of the smelter to determine smelting range - unless both the smelter bill AND the stockpile have to be set right, which just doubles the work instead of making it easier.

"Mark for smelting" should simply take priority over any bills in the smelter.  That way you can still have a bill to smelt all awful melee weapons that are smeltable, but you can also mark a specific non-awful melee weapon and it, too, will get smelted.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Limdood on June 29, 2017, 10:35:05 AM

Could also add a filter to stockpiles that is something like: "marked for smelting?" Then setup a stockpile for just that filter near your smelter and your haulers will bring everything marked to the area.

JimmyAgnt007

any smelter thats got power should automatically allow for the smelting of anything tagged for it.  so range and any other elements are irrelevant. 

SpaceDorf

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 29, 2017, 01:28:52 PM
any smelter thats got power should automatically allow for the smelting of anything tagged for it.  so range and any other elements are irrelevant.

Sounds good at first but will produce to much micro and/or situations where it makes your pawn do stupid things.
Marked that item on the other side of the map for smelting ? Sure .. Captain Pegleg, who is assigned to shitwork at home, will walk across the map to smelt it ..

Range will always be an issue :)

Like I said, make it a filter which the bill can check for, and you get all the benefits of a bill ( and their mods ) plus the option to mark stuff.

Add this option to clothes, corpses and any other shit you want to get rid off and we are good to go.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Draconicrose

I like this idea. Would be helpful to have.
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist