[1.0] Support Beams - v1.2

Started by Vectricity, June 27, 2017, 12:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectricity

Description:

• A support beam. Functions like a wall — doesn't get in your way. Made with metal, wood, or stone.

Download on Google Drive:

Problems:

• Does not allow constructables beneath itself.

Changelog:

• Version 1.2
    -Minor change to allow support beams to be placed on walls to automatically designate their replacement.
  • Version 1.1
    -Fixed issue with support beams not serving their one purpose in life (supporting a roof).
    -Fixed issue with support beams not recognizing proper roof construction protocol.
  • Version 1.0
    -Initial release.

License:

kaptain_kavern

SURU

CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Vectricity

Quote from: SURU on June 27, 2017, 01:41:04 AM
Steam maybe?

Unfortunately, I'm far too lazy for that. My apologies.

Lerin

Nice addon to industrial part of map game...

But dont work for me, pawns won't build roofs

Vectricity

Quote from: Lerin on June 27, 2017, 02:00:32 AM
But dont work for me, pawns won't build roofs

Did some tests and figured out that having isEdifice turned off is the cause, but it's necessary for the function of being able to have things built under it. You'll have to rely on building a wall where you need a roof created, then add in the support beams to replace the wall. Wish I knew enough to be able to fix the issue.

dreamtourist

Doesn't work for me. Built some marble support beams to replace a couple of walls, but once the walls were deconstructed, the roof they had been holding up collapsed in the middle. Also tried building support beams directly under that spot before deconstructing the walls, but the roof still collapsed ignoring the support beam directly under it...

Vectricity

Quote from: dreamtourist on June 27, 2017, 05:14:22 AM
Doesn't work for me.

Updated the mod. Should work properly in all respects now. Unfortunately, constructables can no longer exist beneath them. However, you can still move pawns through them, store items below them, and grow plants under them. Thank you for your feedback and I apologise for the inconvenience.

dreamtourist

v1.1 works as advertised.
thanks for sharing the mod.

Lerin

Cant build support beam over the river ;)

Vectricity

Quote from: Lerin on June 27, 2017, 01:49:30 PM
Cant build support beam over the river ;)

That functionality is beyond my ability. My apologies.

Vectricity

Quote from: Lerin on June 29, 2017, 01:10:53 AM
Look at the bridges, it may be helpful

Floors can't be compared to walls. With a wall, it must be able to hold up a roof, unlike floors. In order to hold up a roof, a wall must have isEdifice set to true. If isEdifice is set to false, it could be placed anywhere (even on water). However, doing so causes the wall to fail to hold up a roof (which is really bad). Floors have it easy, in my opinion.

admiralKew

The stone-looking bridge near the top in that mod's preview picture can indeed hold up a wall. You might be able to make a 'water pilings' or some other term for a support meant for things that cross water using a similar, or the same method.

Vectricity

Quote from: admiralKew on July 02, 2017, 10:26:08 PM
The stone-looking bridge near the top in that mod's preview picture can indeed hold up a wall.

That mod has a dll they coded, which is where that functionality likely comes from. My mod only uses Defs, which can be modified with a text editor. If I knew C++ or a similar language, then I'd be able to do something more complicated. Unfortunately, my coding knowledge is limited to Lua.