Modded some Trees, However they seem a bit weird.

Started by InterstellarOrbit, July 04, 2017, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InterstellarOrbit

Hello, 
      I created some trees that will be added in a mod I am making. However, they don't seem to grow correctly, as throughout their lives they stay the same size... As well as they seem to rustle in the wind too violently. Is there a way I can address this in the Defs?
(Here is a GIF of what is happening)

kaptain_kavern

What <graphicClass> did you use? Looks like something I'm drunk when I look at the gif ^^

Distman

Check your <topWindExposure> tag. Think it's the culprit behind that drunken sway.

InterstellarOrbit

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 04, 2017, 09:44:08 PM
What <graphicClass> did you use? Looks like something I'm drunk when I look at the gif ^^

I used Graphic_Random with PNG's. If I used Graphic_Single(With JPG) It would throw a "Could not find Texture at..."(I also only had one image in the folder). Should I try different Graphic's classes with JPEG'S and other file formats?

InterstellarOrbit

Quote from: Distman on July 04, 2017, 10:04:14 PM
Check your <topWindExposure> tag. Think it's the culprit behind that drunken sway.

Thank you, That solved that Problem. However, the trees still seem to not visually Grow.

kaptain_kavern

Care to share the code for your trees? So we can have a look?

Distman

You should not use jpeg textures with Rimworld. PNG is the way to go!

Quote from: InterstellarOrbit on July 04, 2017, 10:31:15 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 04, 2017, 09:44:08 PM

I used Graphic_Random with PNG's. If I used Graphic_Single(With JPG) It would throw a "Could not find Texture at..."(I also only had one image in the folder). Should I try different Graphic's classes with JPEG'S and other file formats?

jamaicancastle

Growing (in size only, at least) is handled by a block that looks like:
      <visualSizeRange>
        <min>1.3</min>
        <max>2.0</max>
      </visualSizeRange>

As long as that's there, you shouldn't need any additional graphics or the like.