[1.3] [KV] Save Storage, Outfit, Crafting, Drug & Operation Settings [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, June 28, 2017, 02:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Save and Load Dump/Stockpile and Outfit settings. Saved settings can be carried over from new games to old saves.

Save, Load, and Append crafting bills from any worktable. Be aware that a work table can only have a max of 15 bills at any time.

This is safe to add to existing saves.

Settings saves are completely separate from game saves. This means settings saves can be used by any game and it also means this mod can be removed (if so desired) without breaking anything.

Help Notes:

• Outfit's Load As New will create a new Outfit even if the Load is canceled. In the case the outfit is not desired, delete the new outfit manually.

Mod Authors
If you want to add the ability to Save/Load storage settings for your mod, please see https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34100.0

Steam

Direct Download:

A17
B18
B19

Use ModSync RW to know if/when there's an update

Github: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-SaveStorageSettings

Thank you to the translators:
-Proxyer for Japanese
-HawnHan for Simplified Chinese

Like my mods? Consider supporting me!

SpaceDorf

Our hero, our hero has a warriors heart,
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

drakulux

Will the modding never end!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick

MisterVertigo

THis is awesome! However, I have a couple of questions.

Does it work if I have mods installed that add items that can be stored in stockpiles? For example, I have a mod that adds Pile of Dirt and fertilizer. If I export a stockpile's settings will it get those? Also, if I export those settings that have piles of dirt and fertilizer in them and then I load them into a save later that does NOT have those items, will it still load?

Thank you!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Jedi0n

Quote from: MisterVertigo on June 28, 2017, 01:19:18 PM

Does it work if I have mods installed that add items that can be stored in stockpiles? For example, I have a mod that adds Pile of Dirt and fertilizer. If I export a stockpile's settings will it get those? Also, if I export those settings that have piles of dirt and fertilizer in them and then I load them into a save later that does NOT have those items, will it still load?

Thank you!

Waiting to download based on the answers here! I'm wondering as well :)

Kiame

Quote from: MisterVertigo on June 28, 2017, 01:19:18 PM

Thank you!

If an item is listed in the Stockpile Storage UI then this mod will pick those up.

If at some later time you get another mod that adds more items, the saved settings will need to be updated by:

• load the settings to update
  • from Stockpile Storage UI select the new items
  • save/override the settings

lazuli42

Amazing mod ;D it's something Rimworld has always needed. I am curious though, do you think it's possible to extend this functionality to outfits as well?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: lazuli42 on June 28, 2017, 02:59:34 PM
Amazing mod ;D it's something Rimworld has always needed. I am curious though, do you think it's possible to extend this functionality to outfits as well?

:drool:

Kiame

Meaning integrate a save/load mechanic into the Outfit Manager? I can look into that.

onerous1

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 28, 2017, 03:35:06 AM
Our hero, our hero has claimed a warriors heart,

I'm pretty sure the heart of a true warrior was sacrificed during the making of this mod.

Kiame

Quote from: onerous1 on June 29, 2017, 02:00:27 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 28, 2017, 03:35:06 AM
Our hero, our hero has claimed a warriors heart,

I'm pretty sure the heart of a true warrior was sacrificed during the making of this mod.

;D

Actually this mod was easier than i thought... So no sacrifices were required. I'm really surprised no one's made this yet!

The mod that was hardest for me was probably ChangeDresser - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30973.0 - both because it was my first mod and my largest/most complex  ::)

Kiame

If you wanted Save/Load functions for Outfits in Outfit Manager they've been added  :D

Veredii

This looks great. I read the comments but I couldn't see an answer so I hope you don't mind answering my question. Could you please tell me if it would work across games with different mods loaded? i.e Game1 has Mod A, I save stockpile settings (Stockpile 1) with item from Mod A. Start a new game (without Mod A) and import Stockpile 1. What would happen?

Kiame

Quote from: Veredii on June 29, 2017, 07:40:01 AM
This looks great. I read the comments but I couldn't see an answer so I hope you don't mind answering my question. Could you please tell me if it would work across games with different mods loaded? i.e Game1 has Mod A, I save stockpile settings (Stockpile 1) with item from Mod A. Start a new game (without Mod A) and import Stockpile 1. What would happen?

Shouldn't have any issues.

The only caveat to be aware of is if you go from a game and create a new settings save. Then load it into a game with more items. The new items will not be included if the settings are loaded. In this case simply modify the new items' selections and override the save or create a new one