[Tutorial] [1.0] How to make a .dll-mod (Power Generation)

Started by Haplo, May 01, 2014, 03:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Not free but kicks VS ass. Webstorm by jetbrains. All their stuff rocks hard.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

I don't make any money off of modding so I can't justify spending any money on a tool for modding. But I did happen to find an alternative that looks nice so far. I've only looked at a few files and not tried to actually do anything with it yet so I don't have a full opinion of it. But I'll put the info out there and let the experienced people decide if it deserves to be mentioned in the OP as an alternative or not. It's called SharpDevelop and the downloads page for it is located at http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Download/ I didn't need to sign up for anything to download it and it's free open-source software. And the UI is very similar to VS.

mrofa

Its have less tools than VS, but it can be lunched on many platforms so its preety cool in that way. But the pain is that it dont read  VS projects correctly, thrugh i might have miss something, that allows to do it
All i do is clutter all around.

Igabod

Quote from: mrofa on January 21, 2015, 03:12:03 AM
Its have less tools than VS, but it can be lunched on many platforms so its preety cool in that way. But the pain is that it dont read  VS projects correctly, thrugh i might have miss something, that allows to do it

I opened up a VS project immediately after downloading it and had no problems. Didn't have to make any changes or anything. But when I installed it I clicked the box for all of the file associations to be installed as well.

Satir

Good afternoon. I have downloaded and opened the project. Please tell me how to override the logic of the animals or pirates, how to write their decision-making systems, like a simple AI. Necessary skills I have.
Thank you for your game.

Haplo

Take a look at the ThinkTreeDefs. That is where the logic of the ai can be found.

KnucklyDuck

Why do Java programmers have glasses?
Because they can't C#.

Haplo

Not yet. I had problems with my other mods so didn't have time for it yet.

Timber

Would be stellar to have a new modding tutorial for A9, maybe with some highlights of the new temperature system so old modders could catch up on the changes quickly.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Igabod

Quote from: Timber on March 01, 2015, 08:23:55 AM
Would be stellar to have a new modding tutorial for A9, maybe with some highlights of the new temperature system so old modders could catch up on the changes quickly.

I've recently been thinking of doing a quick modding tutorial video. I'm just going to be using a free screen capture program to record how to make a simple mod (in this case I'll just be showing how to make 2 of the lamps in my Advanced Lamps mod) that will show new modders how easy it is to make a mod. I'm hoping that I can talk some of the other modders into joining in on making short video tutorials on the various aspects which they are most familiar with in modding. If all of us with a little experience made a quick 10 minute video then we could have a pretty comprehensive tutorial system set up with very little work overall for each of us.

KnucklyDuck

I'm working on learning as much as I can about all this, but I'd be more than willing to help with those tutorials and videos and such.
Why do Java programmers have glasses?
Because they can't C#.

Timber

So, the thread name says Alpha 9. Is it really A9 compatible?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Haplo

Yes, I've updated it to alpha 9 or else it would still have alpha 8 in it's name :)

comfix

Hi there,
I tried to start coding in the new Alpha10c and used the code sample that is linked here.
There is an issue: the IntRot-variable throws an error "it is not in the context".
Also I'd changed the "powerComp.powerOutput" to "powerComp.powerOutputInt" so it fixed another error.

I hope you can help me with this issue.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?