[Tutorial] [1.0] How to make a .dll-mod (Power Generation)

Started by Haplo, May 01, 2014, 03:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

So, I've updated this to alpha 5.
Now you don't repair the fertilizer pump, but build your own dark matter generator :)

Dr. Z

Download link is no longer working.

You can use this link, but you have to create an account, maybe someone knows a link where no account is required.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Haplo

Hmm.. I'll look into it as soon as I'm back at my PC. Don't know why it doesn't work anymore, but I'll find out.

Oh you meant the download from microsoft.
The account was also needed for the original link. Microsoft doesn't like to give it's goods without an account (but that is free).
I'll update the startpost with your link.
Thank you for finding it :)

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

Noobshock

Just a heads up if anyone else runs into that issue, I'm running win7 64 and this visual studio installer kept failing because it was somehow creating a read-only "package cache" folder to install into. First things suggested if it fails were antivirus, running as admin etc etc (which I did to no avail). So yeah if you get stuck, check your folder settings. Haven't had an installer troll me like that in a while.

ToXeye

Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Haplo

ToXeye

You still need to make a front page for modding so that it doesn't link to http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. There's links for that. It's just that I read the whole page at once, missing links and stuff that is in the text. It begins with "this is what you can do" listing changing .dll's, but no link to any .dll page. The thing is that I often like to read all of the first page before delving into further pages, making me miss the links at the top.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

ToXeye

*edit* I fixed it. It now has links at the bottom.

(I admit that I saw the tutorials page first, but forgot about it.)
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

keylocke

um, is there an alternative software i could use instead of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Express?

something that doesn't eat up like 6gigs just to read/compile code?  ???

nvm : will try checking out sharp develop. (hope it works)  ;D

Haplo

I'm not sure, but I think some do use the mono development tools? http://www.monodevelop.com
Maybe someone who's using something not VS can suggest something?

StorymasterQ

Who'd want to develop Mono?

Oh, you mean the software? Not the... Okay, then.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Lord Fappington

Eclipse SDE or Netbeans

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 12, 2014, 01:58:33 AM
Who'd want to develop Mono?

Oh, you mean the software? Not the... Okay, then.

Nirahiel

I'm wondering, is Rimworld on mac osx properly loading DLL based mods ?
If so, what is this black magic ?
And then, is there a way to create those DLLs from mac ?

Igabod

Does anybody have any suggestions for an alternative to Visual Studios? You can only get a 90 day trial without creating a user account just to download a non-trial version. And it took me quite a while to figure out that I didn't have to buy anything, just need to create an account to gain access to the download button for the free version. I have absolutely no desire to create an account with microsoft just to download something.