[A17] Apitech - Apini Prosthetics 🐝(June 28, 2017)

Started by ZE, June 28, 2017, 08:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZE

Apitech
Description:
First mod, it started as a simple EPOE patch for the Apini Race by Sera, and as such it requires both mods.  I added another level above EPOE ~ Apitech, which adds more bonuses than other bionics and the ability to augment your insectoid pets to help bolster the ranks of your Apini military force.

List of Augments:

Any EPOE bionics that can fit an Apini's bodytype

Simple, Bionic and Advanced Bionic Prosthetics for
Elytra  ~ Hardened outer wing from beetle like insects. (occupies wing slot)   3/5/7.5% bonus armor
Wings ~ Grants extra mobility and looks nice while it does it.  85/140/170% efficiency
Antennae ~ Sensory organ for insects. 85/140/170% efficiency

Advanced Apini mechanite based technology "Apitech"

Body Parts
Apitech Heart ~ 200% efficiency 75% rest fall rate  +50% blood filtration
Apitech Stomach ~ 200% +30% metabolism 75% hunger rate
Apitech Wing ~ 200% efficiency +25% moving
Apitech Elytra ~ 60% efficiency +5% moving +10%  bonus armor
Apitech Eye ~ 200% efficiency +25% sight
Apitech Antenna ~ 200% efficiency +25% hearing
Apitech Crusher Mandibles ~  200% efficiency + 25% eating + 15% talking + 40 damage bite attack 2.5s cooldown
Apitech Songstress Mandibles ~  200% efficiency + 15% eating + 25% talking + 20 damage bite attack 2.5s cooldown
            10% Social Impact, Trade Price Improvement, Recruit Prisoner Chance, Tame Animal Chance, Train Animal Chance
Apitech Monarch Mandibles ~  200% efficiency + 30% eating + 30% talking + 40 damage bite attack 2.5s cooldown
            15% Social Impact, Trade Price Improvement, Recruit Prisoner Chance, Tame Animal Chance, Train Animal Chance
Apitech Foreleg ~ 200% efficiency +25% manipulation + 30 damage scratch attack 0.9s cooldown
Apitech Leg ~ 200% efficiency +25% moving

Implants
Apitech Stinger (thorax) ~ 125% efficiency + 10 damage venom attack 1.25s cooldown, inflicts a condition that worsens every hit. heals over time
Apitech Signal Receptor (antenna) ~ 125% efficiency +50% Psychic Sensitivity  10% Social Impact 10% Trade Price Improvement
Apitech Aerator (wing) ~ 105% efficiency +50% breathing
Apitech Breezer (wing) ~ 105% efficiency +20 max temperature
Apitech Warmer (wing) ~ 105% efficiency -20 min temperature
Apitech Digestive Enzyme(stomach) ~ 110% efficiency +10% metabolism 75% hunger rate
Apitech Regenerative Enzyme(heart) ~ 125% efficiency +50% blood filtration, Heals old wounds
Apitech Neuroenhancer(brain) ~ 200% efficiency +50% Global Learning +50% Research Speed -15% Mental Break Threshold
Apitech Ocular Enhancement(eye) ~ 125% efficiency -10% Aiming Delay +10% Shooting Accuracy +10% Melee Hit Chance
Apitech Proboscis Enhancement(mouth) ~ 125% efficiency +50% Eating Speed
Apitech Vocal Enhancement(mouth) ~ 125% efficiency +50% Eating Speed
            10% Social Impact, Trade Price Improvement, Recruit Prisoner Chance, Tame Animal Chance, Train Animal Chance
Apitech Gatherer(foreleg/leg) ~ 105% efficiency 150 Carrying Capacity +15% Butchery Efficiency +15% Plant Work Speed +50% Plant Harvest Yield
Apitech Reflex Enhancer(foreleg/leg) ~ 110% efficiency -15% Weapon Cooldown

Credits
Sera ~ Mastermind of the giant bee project
Ykara ~ Genius of prosthetics and prosthetic accessories
Xen ~ The guy who does amazing work, and made the original EPOE patch
ZE ~ For being me
Rimworld Discord Peeps ~ For being generally nice people and very helpful to noobs (like me)
Tynan ~ If i have to tell you why im crediting him, you are in the wrong place lol

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

InfinityKage

Really? No one has thanked you for your efforts? Well sir I will use this next new colony and thank you for the work.

Katarumi

Wow, these look neat! I'll give them a try next go about. Thank you!

rditto48801

I have been wanting to try this mod out, but I have a question about something I found out when looking for the first research via a mod that reorganizes research.

Why is the basic research listed as being Neolithic tech level, when it requires an Industrial tech level research to unlock?

While this might not normally be a big deal, it does cause minor issues when using the Tech Advancing mod by GHXX, since it means there is a Neolithic tech 'locked' behind Industrial tech, which makes it a bit harder to advance tech level with that mod.

Just thought you should know.

Personally, I tweaked the Lotech research entry and changed the tech level from Neolithic to Industrial, since it requires Industrial tech level research to unlock in the first place.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

InfinityKage

Quote from: rditto48801 on August 13, 2017, 06:57:03 AM
I have been wanting to try this mod out, but I have a question about something I found out when looking for the first research via a mod that reorganizes research.

Why is the basic research listed as being Neolithic tech level, when it requires an Industrial tech level research to unlock?

While this might not normally be a big deal, it does cause minor issues when using the Tech Advancing mod by GHXX, since it means there is a Neolithic tech 'locked' behind Industrial tech, which makes it a bit harder to advance tech level with that mod.

Just thought you should know.

Personally, I tweaked the Lotech research entry and changed the tech level from Neolithic to Industrial, since it requires Industrial tech level research to unlock in the first place.

Dude. I was having the exact same problem. It was very frustrating. Can you tell me how you tweaked yours?

Canute

Open with a texteditor
\Apini A17 Apitech\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs\Apitech_Research.xml

search for
<techLevel>Neolithic</techLevel>
and change it into
<techLevel>Industrial</techLevel>

InfinityKage

Quote from: Canute on August 13, 2017, 12:39:05 PM
Open with a texteditor

search for
and change it into

Thanks. Much love brother. I guess now that I'm in the research tap there exist the option to just remove the Microelectronics prerequisite instead. Hmmm...

rditto48801

Quote from: InfinityKage on August 13, 2017, 01:07:47 PM
Open with a texteditor

search for
and change it into

Thanks. Much love brother. I guess now that I'm in the research tap there exist the option to just remove the Microelectronics prerequisite instead. Hmmm...

There is actual cybernetic/bionic stuff in there, so don't remove the Microelectronics prerequisite altogether.
Although I think the very first research (named Lotech in the file) does mention simple stuff like peg legs in game.
One option I may still do in my mod install is simply put the Lotech entry back to Neolithic, and relocate the Microelectronics requirement to the Midtech entry, which does mention 'electronic mechanical prostheses' in the file description.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

ZE

i had it neolithic so that in the case someone has tech advancing installed, it wouldn't cost much to research, where as other levels would be expensive unless you "Tech-Up"

might not be the most logical or lorefriendly, but i thought i'd gate them that way, so if you really want Apitech level, you'd best be on spacer

but its your preference really.

i haven't had the time to update the mod, been chaotic IRL, sorry

InfinityKage

Quote from: rditto48801 on August 16, 2017, 10:05:32 AM
Quote from: InfinityKage on August 13, 2017, 01:07:47 PM
Open with a texteditor

search for
and change it into

There is actual cybernetic/bionic stuff in there, so don't remove the Microelectronics prerequisite altogether.
Although I think the very first research (named Lotech in the file) does mention simple stuff like peg legs in game.
One option I may still do in my mod install is simply put the Lotech entry back to Neolithic, and relocate the Microelectronics requirement to the Midtech entry, which does mention 'electronic mechanical prostheses' in the file description.

Not a bad idea.

vomov

Can we put this on the Steam workshop? Makes having mods a bit more manageable ;)

rditto48801

Quote from: ZE on August 16, 2017, 11:26:57 AM
i had it neolithic so that in the case someone has tech advancing installed, it wouldn't cost much to research, where as other levels would be expensive unless you "Tech-Up"

might not be the most logical or lorefriendly, but i thought i'd gate them that way, so if you really want Apitech level, you'd best be on spacer

but its your preference really.

i haven't had the time to update the mod, been chaotic IRL, sorry

You locked a Neolithic tech, behind an Industrial tech, and which unlocks stuff apparently dependent on other industrial tech researches (like the Simple Prosthetics Workbench).
That causes no end of problems with Tech Advancing.

More so with a mod like Medieval Times also installed.
That's a fair bit of research to grind through just to advance past Neolithic tech level.
To be specific, needing my tribal hive to unlock computers/radios, just so they can advance to the medieval tech level, or grinding through the now expanded amount of Medieval techs apparently added by Medieval Times... because my tribe's last cave man tech requires knowledge of computers/radios to unlock...

I tried to just relocate the Microelectronics requirement to Midtech, since the ingame description for Lotech/Basic Apini Prosthetics talks about peg legs and woodworking, but that didn't work.
Lotech/Basic Apini Prosthetics refuses to register as being unlocked when completed, it is showing some sort of apparent dependency on the Simple Prosthetics Workbench tech if I am seeing things right, as I have a research aid mod that gives me a nice laid out tech tree layout without a wall of mod tabs, it's now showing an unexpected different color line to the other tech, rather than just a line of the same color leading to the next level of Apitech research. And the Apitech Table doesn't unlock.

Did I muck something up with my edit of the first to Apitech researches?
<ResearchProjectDef>
<defName>Lotech</defName>
<label>Basic Apini prosthetics</label>
<description>Make simple prosthetic replacements for lost Apini limbs.</description>
<baseCost>1500</baseCost>
<tab>ApiniProsthetics</tab>
<researchViewX>0</researchViewX>
<researchViewY>0</researchViewY>
</ResearchProjectDef>

<ResearchProjectDef>
<defName>Midtech</defName>
<label>Bionic Apini prosthetics</label>
<description>Allows the design of more intricate electronic mechanical prostheses, utilizing components, servos and rotors</description>
<baseCost>2500</baseCost>
<prerequisites>
<li>Lotech</li>
<li>MicroelectronicsBasics</li>
</prerequisites>
<tab>ApiniProsthetics</tab>
<researchViewX>1</researchViewX>
<researchViewY>0</researchViewY>
</ResearchProjectDef>

Or is the issue yet more dependencies on Industrial tech level research with the Apitech prosthetics themselves?
That seems like a LOT of hassle just to unlock peg legs for Apini still at the Neolithic tech level.

Or is Rimworld just being stubborn about the changes because to much freaking stuff is set in stone upon start of a new colony?

Canute

ZE some problems.
- i researched the Basic apini prost. and build the Apitech table. I can create bills but noone want to craft them, no msg. about missing material or low skill.
- the Apitech table got a quality rating, which is curious for workbenches.

Edit:
- just researched Bionic Apini prost. same thing, can create bill but can't assign someone to craft it.
And i notice too, at the bill details  Min. skill : crafting 5, crafting 7.

Edit2:
- Bionic Eleytra recipe want a prostetic elytra, but there is no prostetic elaytra recipe. No the table still don't work, but i just wanted to know what i need to destroy before it spawn them.
- You made the Apitech table flickable, but why it don't use power.

Canute

- Bionic Antenna, the operation say "install antenna" "Install adv. antenna" missing the bionic part special needed for the normal bionic antenna or you maybe just install natural antenna.

QuoteWings ~ Grants extra mobility and looks nice while it does it.  85/140/170% efficiency
I installed Bionic wings, got 140% eff. but no extra mobility. bee's move at the same speed like without.

CrazyMalk

Hmmm... Atachment deleted my admin due to old age... Anyone?