Mechaniod Raids attack Manhunter Packs. Intended?

Started by erdrik, June 29, 2017, 08:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdrik

I just finished dealing with an sequence of event in which a manhunter pack of timber wolves arrived.
Enough time past in which they start to slowly leave one at a time, then a Mechaniod raid event happened.

The mechanoids proceeded to split up, and systematically exterminate the manhunter pack(which did not retaliate or even respond in any way). After which they spent time(still split up at various locations around my base's perimeter) destroying a bunch of tables I put out for Traders, digging through random locations of the mountain near my base, beating on random walls of my base's perimeter, before filing in to the opening one of them made ... single file/ one at a time due to being so spread out.

I actually had a bit of a rough time of it, because at first I had no clue which part of the base they were going to enter and the one scyther got into my base. But the rest were swiftly dealt with once the scyther was dealt with.

Are they suppose to exterminate Manhunter packs? If so, I feel like there should be a response of some kind even if it is immediate top speed flee off the map...

Chibiabos

I kinda like how random a conflux of events can be.  I'm not sure about mech vs manhunter, but I've had raiders and hostile tribes attack at the same time and wind up doing more damage to each other than to me.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Bozobub

Quote from: Chibiabos on June 29, 2017, 10:03:47 PM
I kinda like how random a conflux of events can be.  I'm not sure about mech vs manhunter, but I've had raiders and hostile tribes attack at the same time and wind up doing more damage to each other than to me.
I don't believe erdrik has a problem with that; most people who play RimWorld, in fact, would probably agree.  The issue here is that the manhunter pack didn't react at all to the mechanoids' attack, whether to flee or fight back.  And yeah, that seems a bit silly, at best ^^' .  It seems obvious that the "manhunter" flag means "hunts YOUR colonists", specifically — or "hunts humans" at the very least; you'd need to try some tests to be sure of which, if you're not a dev — and takes precedence over all other flags (besides "AAAAA I'M ON FIRE AAAA!" xD).
Thanks, belgord!

erdrik

Quote from: Bozobub on June 29, 2017, 10:34:23 PM
I don't believe erdrik has a problem with that; most people who play RimWorld, in fact, would probably agree.  The issue here is that the manhunter pack didn't react at all to the mechanoids' attack, whether to flee or fight back. ...
^ This.

Quote from: Bozobub on June 29, 2017, 10:34:23 PM...  It seems obvious that the "manhunter" flag means "hunts YOUR colonists", specifically — or "hunts humans" at the very least; you'd need to try some tests to be sure of which, if you're not a dev — ...
Manhunters(both individuals and packs) will attack any human. Ive frequently had visitors or traders get attacked by manhunter packs.

The reason Im interested in the intent is, I can understand why the manhunter packs wouldn't attack the mechaniods.
They are MAN hunter packs after all. But I feel like they should at least flee in terror from the things... I mean unless there is some intent or reason why they don't...

BetaSpectre

If a mechanoid device is controlling the animals and the mechanoids attack at the same time. It sounds like FUN! times lol
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

niklas7737

Quote from: erdrik on June 29, 2017, 11:10:50 PM
The reason Im interested in the intent is, I can understand why the manhunter packs wouldn't attack the mechaniods.
They are MAN hunter packs after all. But I feel like they should at least flee in terror from the things... I mean unless there is some intent or reason why they don't...

I understand your point. Manhunters do attack turrets though which makes me think they should consider everything harming them their enemy even if it's not human.
I fully agree that they should at least react to it in some way.