Another noob question, or bug.

Started by Skynert, June 29, 2017, 09:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynert

I play on Randy rough as tribals, 8 colonists, only 8 raids with no injures. Almost utopia, it's easier than on Cassandra... But, 50 days passed and no caravans. It's good that my colony is 1 day trip from 2 other but theyy poorer than me. Is this normal on Randy?

SubZeroBricks

"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

eadras

One of the many aspects that make tribal play more difficult is the lack of a comm console.  You miss out on all the trade ships, which can make it seem like ages between trade caravans.  And yeah, Randy is truly random, expect bizarre extremes when you choose him to tell your stories.

Skynert

Like manhunters polar bears in the temperate forest? Well, now I know

Snafu_RW

Quote from: Skynert on June 29, 2017, 04:15:19 PM
Like manhunters polar bears in the temperate forest? Well, now I know
Yep, or 3 seasons going by with nothing to do.. or 3 seasons going by with toxic fallout, volcanic eruption, mass raids etc.. it's /random/ FFS!
Dom 8-)

Sir Prize

I saw things that made me question if Randy is scripted to troll you.
-Lightning hits the only flammable spot. Farm on fire. Poison ship crashes into farm. Plants ded and even more fire. Sappers show up, they ignite corn (lolol)
-Decided to leave everyone behind except 1. Almost everything researched, gotta slip out with the best one and make new colony!!. Everything ded because didn't bother replacing random wood walls. 
gg laters 3000+ steel from deep drill
-New start. Yay!
Game: lol NOPE!
loooong mental break, incapacitated by 1 manhunter squirrel. So close to death and omg wanderer joins! he is:Wimp and incapable of violence. Squirrel gets easy kill again. Non-trained muffalo headbutt kills squirrel. Rescued by wimp and abondons everything and everyone again. *Gets muscle parasites, Fibrous mechanites, eclipse, solar flare, heat wave.
https://snag.gy/T08QRL.jpg
Combined effect of both diseases is severe pain for possibly weeks and extreme tiredness. Have mercy on our souls Randy
Colonist incapacitated and starved to death because of the amount of diseases adding pain. Rip

Skynert

Well, I get ack to Cass. She is psychopath, but predectible xD

PotatoeTater

Randy just loves to leave you out to dry sometimes. I've gone 2 years without any trade caravans with him, then, the day I use ALL my silver to build a hospital fully, I get 6 trade caravans at once. Luckily I had a lot to sell, but still you know.
Life is Strange