[B18] Cybernetic Storm 18.002 - Updated: 07/01/18 16:30GMT

Started by elStrages, June 29, 2017, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

elStrages

Quote from: Dragoon on July 04, 2017, 05:50:50 PM
Welcome Back!!! Missed this.

Thank you :D

Quote from: Canute on July 03, 2017, 05:41:54 PM
- ALL weapon don't got a quality name on the map view.

- Cyber baton got the wrong name, it is still a Nano baton.

- All batons are too expensive for simple mellee weapons. Why should i build them with tons of nanomites, when i just could take the nanosteel and craft regular gladius/longsword with got better DPS.
Not sure, but don't got the old batons a stun effect, that would made it worth the cost. (HCSK baton/shocker got this effect).

Have fixed this issue.

Other issues fixed include naming, Nano medicine categories, cybernetics unabled to be installed.

elStrages

Update on progress within the mod.

Hi guys i am just giving you an update as to where i am with the mod.

So as it stands i am rebuilding the entire concept from the ground up. What started out as a prosthetic improvement mod is moving into a better balanced mod that is based around future tech. So i took the idea of the cybernetic faction and have built the mod around this idea playing more into the faction and tech.
This means that i have changed nearly every idea and process in the mod. I have re written the code form the ground up which is why it is taking a while. I am in the process of improving all the images too from the weapons to the tables etc.
Bellow are the main feature changes that you will notice within the next major update.

• More Weapons
  • More Armour
  • More Implants with positive and negative effects
  • Improved Faction
  • All new graphics for every item
  • New research tree which has been adapted to flow from vanilla
  • Added sections within research production factions etc
  • Balancing on all stats for everything from mass and cost to weapon power and types
  • Lowered the complexity of the limb system and organ system with removal of parts that seemed to be skipped
After this update i hope to add these features

• 2 New factions
  • Additional Building
  • Additional Defense System (including some form an older mod of my of DefendThatColony)
  • Full trader system for the mod
  • Add the ability to cyber enhance all animals ingame
  • Build-a-dog (long long way of in concept idea)
I will be bringing the mod name and id number inline with the current alpha, so once released it will be 17.1.0 to donate alpha 17 release 1

I hope this sheads some light on what i am doing and i hope once it is Complete it will bring a far better gamign experience from the mods prospective. Any things or ideas please share them bellow im always open to ideas.

elStrages

ZE

screens n stats plz

also, Glittertech contains cybernetic ___ (heart liver lungs etc), not sure if you were aware, though since your mod's name is cyber it fits yours better.  Also you can increase the part effeciency rather than straight stat boosts (or in addition to) if you didnt know already

i'll check this mod out definitely when i get the chance

elStrages

Yeah i am aware of that, in fact i am toying with the ideas of changing things around.
My mod is very old and it was left for some time in between a lot of alphas so people may have crossed over.
I will be adding in all the images once they are complete. i am building the mod back up improving and cutting out code etc.
I need to focus on bringing it back to its once glorious self :D Then i will worry about the cosmetics on here.

Canute

Since this is just an update to B18 and not the long await overhaul, i suggest that you don't use Cybernetic storm together with EPoE,Rah's bionic or Glittertech.
And don't forget there isn't a special support/patch for Alien races (yet).

elStrages

My main aim is co completely integrate it into the vanilla game with as little disturbance as possible. I want to completely remove any unnecessary workbenches by adding all by items to already build in systems. For instance i have today updated to mod to include the Armour make able at the Machining table. soon all my weapons will be too etc etc.

OPOE has been re-patched, you can use the two together.

broomish

Apologies if i'm being a dumb ass but I cannot find the a17 download.

Canute

Quote from: broomish on December 02, 2017, 05:49:08 PM
Apologies if i'm being a dumb ass but I cannot find the a17 download.
Check the bottom of the first posting for
Compatibility:
Version made for Alpha 17

broomish

Cheers bud.

Edit: The only link I can see below where A17 is mentioned is compatibility patch. 

Canute

Doh, sorry my mistake.
No A17 version.

Why you don't try B18 with only this mod ? :-)

Anduin1357

Quote from: Cybernetic Storm Steam Workshop description
Key Points

• A Fresh Game will be needed due to core file edits.
  • The mod will need to be close to the top of the mods list for full functionality.
Is there a previous version to download? I really want to continue my (now effectively broken) save. I used the workshop and so I don't have the previous version anywhere...

kaorimoch

I've been enjoying the mod in my current game, but there is one area if I could make a suggestion?

An option to batch process some of the raw materials.  As an example, I have 230 silkavines which are taking forever to convert to ultrathread.