[Tool] (A17) Outfitter

Started by VorChar, June 29, 2017, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VorChar

I've been making this little tool to help me choosing apparel with SK hardcore pack. Now it's kind of in a state where people could try it out and actually use it without too much of a cringe.

It's mostly ment to be used with Apparello and it's additional clothing and stats so for vanilla you most likely have multiple unnecessary columns.

It's still very much work in progress and a lot of features I still would like to see implemented on it so handle with care.

Preview:
https://i.imgur.com/JgoLte4.png

How to use it:
To get data into the tool you need to import (File -> import) some apparel and material xml files from core or mod folder. You will most likely get some warning messages about missing parents but don't be too alarmed about those.

On right hand side you got filters for body parts and layers which filter out apparel. On left hand side you got filter which filters "Rating" tab calculations according to apparel you have selected

On right and below you have materials tab with material selection and category filter.

To select an apparel you first select a material and then double click on right hand side on one of the apparels on the list. This will add a new apparel of selected material on left hand side list.

Rating tab will calculate some stats of all clothing that fit left hand side filters.

Filters work by allowing all clothing that has at least one matching layer and body part. Only exception is when right hand side "Layer match" box is ticket: clothing must fit all selected layers

You can export apparels and materials from File -> export. They will be stored in xml file in the path of executable. When starting out the tool will see if material.xml and apparel.xml exist in same folder and import them automatically if they do. Again expect same warnings as manual importing.

Know issues

• A lot of warnings when importing files.
  • Export does not order xml nicely (abstracts and parents necessary aren't first).
  • tabPage2.
  • Fingers and Toes are perry much not needed. I don't think rimworld actually allows you to make protection against individual fingers and toes.
  • Can't remove individual apparels or materials.
  • Can't save apparel layouts.
The whole thing was made using WinForms so windows is most likely required and I think I used 4.5 Framework though I think I could easily drop that thing down.

Changes

You can now select multiple files when importing files
"Reload time" renamed to "Reload speed"
Name is now header column for apparel and material so it stays on screen while scrolling
Material type selector now requires you to press ctrl to select additional types
Material and clothing import now correctly overrides the old apparel or material
Added "Bed rest effectiveness", "Immunity gain factor" and "Workstation work speed" columns to material list
Added "Max hitpoints" column for apparel and current apparel

Armor calculated according to armor rules on wiki
Armor is no longer shown as decimal
Clothing list is now filterd if they can be built using the selected material

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

MightyGooga

VorChar

Quote from: gustavoghe on July 11, 2017, 03:07:16 PM
Hey this is awsome
Thanks, hope you find it useful too. If you think some feature request tell me about it and I'll think about it.