Lets all make a mod together (Everybody's mod)

Started by jamieg, May 01, 2014, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamieg

Call me crazy but I had a random idea pop in my head.... What if we all play a little game: Someone start by making a mod that consists of something small, that person then sends the mod to another person who adds something small... we keep going like that until there is no-one left to add something and we see what comes out?? MAY BE FUN??

HOW ITS GOING TO WORK :)

-post your name in this post if you want to join in
-Ill send you the mod when its your turn, you add your mark, something small and return the file to me (so I can make sure it doesn't go missing)
-I'll then send it to the next person, Please only send the mod back to me privately (inbox me the DL link) so we can keep the surprise going

THE RULES

-you must not reveal your part of the mod to anyone (I know the next modder will see what you did, but please keep it a secret as much as possible)
-you cannot edit someone else part of the mod.
-you may make your part of the mod work off of someone else's part (so if some one added iron for example the next person may see this and add a new sword and refined iron ect)
-try not to spend too long on your part, keep it nice and simple as alot of people will be adding to it
-YOU MUST NOT RETURN THE MOD WITH ERRORS

Im looking forward to seeing how this turns out :D

PEOPLE INVOLVED SO FAR (in order)

Complete
Current
In queue

-Apljee
-Itchyflee
-Jamieg
-Americany13
-Blackjack1000k
-mrofa
-Blastar
-Ermantis
-Haplo
-Architect
-WorldOfIllusion
-Evul
-Jakowitz
-Tynan (maybe)
-Darth Fool

GREAT amount of responses so far, a few new names to the moding seen too :D BUT i'm sure there are more people out there, you need no experience you can just check out the wiki tutorial page http://rimworldwiki.com/Modding_Tutorials and learn to make something small to join in. :D

Please can someone take over this poject im afraid I currently have no time to continue passing this around thanks guys :)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

apljee

Quote from: jamieg on May 01, 2014, 06:00:20 PM
Call me crazy but I had a random idea pop in my head.... What if we all play a little game: Someone start by making a mod that consists of something small, that person then sends the mod to another person who adds something small... we keep going like that until there is no-one left to add something and we see what comes out?? MAY BE FUN??

I'll start, but we need to establish some rules first.

1 - Your files must be tested. You cannot add your code and pass it on without testing it first. We don't want errors.
2 - No editing other people's pieces, this includes no editing other's textures, no editing other's code, nothing.
3 - Don't add inappropriate things, as this is 'Everybody's Mod' not some dirty mod that adds inappropriate things.

Now, I'll start with a simple mod titled as "2 melee weapons"
Feel free to contribute, anyone. :p
[removed link, buggy - Tynan]

Architect

I'm game if you want to send it my way at any point :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

If you Dl the link already posted and add your bit then inbox me with a DL link, as I dont wanna go 2nd I need thinking time :p.... I didnt just get you to read this to get outta 2nd lol
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Architect

Well, I cant touch it until Monday next week at the earliest anyway when I get back to my desktop, so you may wanna get someone else to go next XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

Right Ive done my little bit who wants it next?? just pot your name here and ill inbox you the mod :)

WorldOfIllusion

I'm in (but probably shouldn't do it till after I hand in this assignment on Monday).
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

jamieg

Awesome ill add you after Architect on monday good luck with the assignment :)

americany13

ItchyFlea

Quote from: jamieg on May 01, 2014, 06:59:48 PM
just pot your name here and ill inbox you the mod :)
No idea why you want it in a pot, but here you go:

:P
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

apljee

Sorry about the bugs, (directed to Tynan and jamieg) I fixed them. I have found out not to leave the weapon's sound tags empty.

jamieg

americany ill send it to you tomoz after I recieve apljee update to it and then to you itchy (who by the way made me LOL then) but for now i must sleep night all ;)

WorldOfIllusion

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 01, 2014, 08:14:29 PM
Quote from: jamieg on May 01, 2014, 06:59:48 PM
just pot your name here and ill inbox you the mod :)
No idea why you want it in a pot, but here you go:

:P

You sir, are amazing.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

apljee

Quote from: jamieg on May 01, 2014, 08:51:59 PM
americany ill send it to you tomoz after I recieve apljee update to it and then to you itchy (who by the way made me LOL then) but for now i must sleep night all ;)

Didn't see Americany's post, and I sent it to Itchy. Whoops. Itchy, when you're done, send it to Americany. xD

Celthric Aysen

Hmm...
A little community experiment aye?
looking forward on what comes out.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"