[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Quote from: MCreeper on September 15, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
It plays just as usual for me. Whyit should be CPU-melting?
Because of many more different factors that are taken into account during social interactions for example? Especially when colony grows significantly.

Ressing

Hi, love the mod.

But I wanted to ask a question. I have a few race mods (argonians, asari, orassans and the like) installed and without psychology the different race pawns would start romances with each other but with it turned on they will only attempt to romance those in their race. Is there any way to change this?

Constance68W

Quote from: Madman666 on September 15, 2017, 03:20:57 PM
Quote from: MCreeper on September 15, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
It plays just as usual for me. Whyit should be CPU-melting?
Because of many more different factors that are taken into account during social interactions for example? Especially when colony grows significantly.

Mods or no mods, late game play is dreadful if your CPU isn't good enough.
I only have issues at 3x speed in late game, thankfully..

Single-threading at it's finest!

Madman666

From what I've heard with enough mods it doens't matter if your CPU is good or not - it plays like crap on 3x speed regardless, as soon as you get over 12-14 guys working. On a big map of course.

maculator

Quote from: Madman666 on September 16, 2017, 12:50:32 PM
From what I've heard with enough mods it doens't matter if your CPU is good or not - it plays like crap on 3x speed regardless, as soon as you get over 12-14 guys working. On a big map of course.
It's single threaded... thats the problem. The thing I wanted to know is how cpu heavy this mod is compared to vanilla.

Madman666

Quote from: maculator on September 16, 2017, 06:00:47 PM
It's single threaded... thats the problem. The thing I wanted to know is how cpu heavy this mod is compared to vanilla.

Yeah, I know that much. I can't say exact percentage on how harder Psychology is on CPU than vanilla, but early game stages go fine for me even with my crappy CPU. Late game stages turn into nightmare even without it, but my guess is it will most certainly affect late game performance due to it making social part a lot more complex. At least for me it doesn't seem to make it a lot worse than without it, as I have plenty other mods that turn any long run into a laggy mess.

maculator

It runs good on a low pop colony so far and I really love it. Only my worst case scenario, 2 caravans meeting in my colony, lags the crap out of my game as usual^^ IF I manage to survive a few years I'll see for my self what it does to me performance wise.
Since you made this mod I guess you know how stuff works under the hood; Did you ever concider making a "performance version"? What I keep thinking about is having relations between my colonists and relations between my colonists and others but not between non-colonists and non-colonists. I hope I wrote that in a way others might understand... (English isn't my foreign language)
According to my understanding of the game this would ease cpu-load and savegame size.

Madman666

Quote from: maculator on September 16, 2017, 09:10:54 PM
It runs good on a low pop colony so far and I really love it. Only my worst case scenario, 2 caravans meeting in my colony, lags the crap out of my game as usual^^ IF I manage to survive a few years I'll see for my self what it does to me performance wise.
Since you made this mod I guess you know how stuff works under the hood; Did you ever concider making a "performance version"? What I keep thinking about is having relations between my colonists and relations between my colonists and others but not between non-colonists and non-colonists. I hope I wrote that in a way others might understand... (English isn't my foreign language)
According to my understanding of the game this would ease cpu-load and savegame size.

Just to make things clear... I assume your last post was adressed to @Ling? Because he is the author of Psychology mod, obviously :)

maculator

Ah I see. It's late. Thanks for pointing that out, I guess he eventually reads it anyways.

BioFringe

Hello, I'm in the process of reading everything that I can about this mod so please excuse me if this has already been asked.

I'm setting up a new playthrough with Psychology at the heart of the theme. It will last for about 10 in-game years and will include somewhere between 50-75 mods. I don't like to add or remove mods mid-game so I'm hoping that others might be able to steer me in the right direction so that I can have the best start possible. Essentially I'm hoping for reports of incompatibilities, redundancies and general personal opinions on a given set of mods. Here are the main Theme type mods that I'm considering...

Psychology
Therapy
Colony Leadership A17
Hospitality
Bonsaiplus
Zen Garden

H.P. Lovecraft Storyteller - Remastered
Call of Cthulhu - Factions
Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors
Rim of Madness - Arachnophobia
Call of Cthulhu - Industrial Age
Call of Cthulhu - Straitjackets
Realistic Darkness V4.3 A17 / Lighter Version V4.2 A17

Picture this...Jack Kerouak, Franz Kafka and Friedrich Nietzsche decide to create a private,  secluded sanitarium in the middle of a distant RimWorld. How messed up can their "patients" get?

I've read that these should be ok to run together but I'm also concerned with load order and overlaps (such as music from CoC Industrial Age as I believe Psy has its own form of music). Which leads me to a major concern of mine when considering other mods to include such as those that add Traits, Additional Trait Slots or Joy Activities / Objects. Are these type of mods safe to use in conjunction or should they be avoided at all costs?

Lastly, is the HelpTab mod still a no-go?

Any insight would be highly appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone that responds.
This sentence is false.

Jason_Dayspring

Thought I would throw out a warning to anyone using EdB Prepare Carefully with this.  If you alter their psyche you CANNOT save the character, or the preset, and trying will cause a glitch that will require a restart before loading anything at all.  It seems to work fine otherwise, so if you want to save, just edit and save everything else, then just retweak the Psyche every time you load that preset/character.

MCreeper

Kori

Quote from: BioFringe on September 19, 2017, 12:43:52 PM

Lastly, is the HelpTab mod still a no-go?

Unfortunately yes, no news about this so far. :(

Hadley

Can somebody tell me what the Kinsey Settings mean? I have it on Default but I feel I get too many Gays.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Hadley on September 27, 2017, 04:16:45 PM
Can somebody tell me what the Kinsey Settings mean? I have it on Default but I feel I get too many Gays.

Quote from: wikipediaThe Kinsey scale, also called the Heterosexual–Homosexual Rating Scale, is used in research to describe a person's sexual orientation based on their experience or response at a given time. The scale typically ranges from 0, meaning exclusively heterosexual, to 6, meaning exclusively homosexual.

Rating    Description
0    Exclusively heterosexual
1    Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2    Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3    Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4    Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5    Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6    Exclusively homosexual
X    No socio-sexual contacts or reactions
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh