[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TA1980

Dear Linq,

how can I modify the traits listed under psyche (I want to emulate certain characters/personalities; how do I get about doing this)?

Regards

System.Linq

From the Workshop bug reports discussion:

Open the text editor of your choice. Use it to open the file with the same name as your save. It will be in XML format, which you can Google a picture of if you are unfamiliar. Use Ctrl-F or Ctrl-H to open up the Replace All dialog. Replace all instances of Class = "Pawn" with Class = "Psychology.PsychologyPawn". You will only need to do this once per pre-Psychology save.

Follow the same steps but instead of replacing the class, search for the name of the pawn you want to edit, scroll down to psyche, and modify the values you want to change. Dev mode integration is coming.

TA1980

System.Linq

khearn

I just started up a game to try out Psychology, and I also got all my pawns being asexual, aromantic, and kinsey rating of 0. I'm not using any Call of Cthulu mods, but I am using JecsTools and PrepareCarefully.

I just tried a start without going into PrepareCarefully, and all 3 colonists has kinsey ratings of 0, but didn't have asexual or aromantic listed (or anything else in their places).

A start without PrepareCarefully in the modlist ended up with two colonists with kinsey of 0, and one with a 1. No aromantic or asexual (or anything else). Both this and the above did have JecsTools.

I put PrepareCarefully back in the list and tired another new colony. This time I went into PrepareCarefully and changed one trait on one colonist. This time all three are showing kinsey ratings of 0 and asexual and aromantic.

Next try, removed JescTools (and associated Star Wars mods). Went into PrepareCarefully but didn't make any changes. All three colonists had Kinesy of 0, asexual and aromantic. So it's not JecsTools, its PrepareCarefully.

One final try, no JecsTools, PrepareCarefully installed, but didn't go into it during the setup. All three colonists has kinsey ratings of 0, but no asexual or aromantic (or anything else).

So it looks like going into PrepareCarefully when creating a new colony is what triggers it. You can have it installed and not use it and things seem to be ok.

I'll go post something in the PrepareCarefully thread, since that seems to be where the fix needs to be.

System.Linq

I suspect that Prepare Carefully does something with pawns that doesn't generate them normally. Psychology creates a pawn's sexuality when GenerateTraits() is called. If PC is creating new pawns without calling that method (perhaps to add traits in manually), they won't have their sexuality generated.

Quote from: naschkokthe3rd on June 30, 2017, 06:08:44 PM
@Warforyou

I've just done some testing on my own (specifically: enabling batches of mods, starting new colonies, and checking whether my pawns had a Pysche tab) and I can confirm wwWraith's suspicion that one or more of the "Call of Cthulu" mods are causing a conflict.

Edit: I've also found that Zombie Apocalypse suppresses the Psyche Tab
Turns out Zombie Apocalypse has been using its own pawn for some time now. It's not compatible with Psychology.

pauloandrade2

Thank you for updating the mod to A17
By the way this mod wont apply to already generated pawns right? (as in before I figured out that psychology was updated generated pawns.)

System.Linq

It won't unless you follow the previously posted instructions.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-1:
-Added HugsLibChecker for people who miss the required dependency.
-Fixed a bug where modded kitchen robots threw errors when cooking.
-Histrionic pawns will no longer hit on people that would not normally have a chance with them.
-Plan Date now checks to make sure the pawns can actually be converted into PsychologyPawns.
-Prepare Carefully pawns should now have properly generated sexualities.
-Fixed a rare warning that could happen when a Compulsion mental break has nothing to clean/haul.
-Reduced the strength of effect that circumstances have on personality values.

drakulux

Really linq.... I was planning a playthrough today since I finally got the last mod I was waiting on and then you tease me with a "soon"  update.... Why so cruel? Now I have to wait again....

Jecmenn

Quote from: naschkokthe3rd on June 30, 2017, 06:08:44 PM
@Warforyou

I've just done some testing on my own (specifically: enabling batches of mods, starting new colonies, and checking whether my pawns had a Pysche tab) and I can confirm wwWraith's suspicion that one or more of the "Call of Cthulu" mods are causing a conflict.

Edit: I've also found that Zombie Apocalypse suppresses the Psyche Tab

I'm using all Call of Cthulhu mods except storyteller and straitjackets (even installed the newly updated Elder Things for A17) and i have zero problems with Psychology or any of the CoC mods. I added Psychology to the already existing game. Also in the mod tab i have it very high, just under HugsLib and JecsTool, maybe that'll do.

To Linq: Very apreciate all your work you did with this mod! Thank you.

GenericUsername

Getting this error repeatedly in the log:
Exception ticking Hornet: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.Harmony.InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt_SelectionWeightPatch.PsychologyException (single&,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00326>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt.RandomSelectionWeight_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x002f7>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker/<TryInteractRandomly>c__AnonStorey354.<>m__358 (RimWorld.InteractionDef) <0x00032>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight<RimWorld.InteractionDef> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.InteractionDef>,System.Func`2<RimWorld.InteractionDef, single>,RimWorld.InteractionDef&) <0x000b6>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractRandomly () <0x001ac>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.InteractionsTrackerTick () <0x000f0>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x002c8>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c0>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

In this particular game I'm playing as a Tribe so "Hornet" is actually a human.
This shows up very frequently, even multiple times per second, seemingly for all humans.

TA1980

Quote from: drakulux on July 02, 2017, 04:08:56 AM
Really linq.... I was planning a playthrough today since I finally got the last mod I was waiting on and then you tease me with a "soon"  update.... Why so cruel? Now I have to wait again....

This  ;)

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hell yeah, been looking forward to this.

Also,

Quote from: Linq on July 02, 2017, 03:40:39 AMSoon.

Looking forward to this too.