[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

mrclopes

I'm getting this error, the major problem it sometimes freezes the game and I have to restart, I disabled the mayor option, it reduced a bit how often I was getting this error, but still happening.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Is it safe to disable the mod then reinstall later when it is fixed? Or do I have to create a new save (again)...

[edit] or even better, a way to disable this job giver in .xml. I feel this "Hangout with someone" doesn't work too well in my playstyle, due various restrictions in pawn zones, and jobs given to each of them.

Harry_Dicks

I believe that is 2 pawns trying to "spend time together." Sort of like a social date, or something, and maybe they are having issues getting to one another. I remember when I would get that, I think you can just pause the game and find the 2 pawns having issues, draft them, and move them together, or just send them to opposite corners of the map until you forget about them and they auto undraft ::)

mrclopes

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 17, 2018, 04:38:04 PM
I believe that is 2 pawns trying to "spend time together." Sort of like a social date, or something, and maybe they are having issues getting to one another. I remember when I would get that, I think you can just pause the game and find the 2 pawns having issues, draft them, and move them together, or just send them to opposite corners of the map until you forget about them and they auto undraft ::)

That's what is happening to me, but when it freezes and game become uresponsive I can't do anything else than restart

notfood

I did some changes to HelpTab, it shouldn't cause issues anymore. If anyone has them please share the logs in the HelpTab thread.

System.Linq

Quote from: mrclopes on January 17, 2018, 04:30:35 PM
I'm getting this error, the major problem it sometimes freezes the game and I have to restart, I disabled the mayor option, it reduced a bit how often I was getting this error, but still happening.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Is it safe to disable the mod then reinstall later when it is fixed? Or do I have to create a new save (again)...

[edit] or even better, a way to disable this job giver in .xml. I feel this "Hangout with someone" doesn't work too well in my playstyle, due various restrictions in pawn zones, and jobs given to each of them.

It is a known issue that will be fixed.

dkurage

Apparently beards still exist in Rimworld. A gay guy in my colony (ks 6) just hooked up with and got engaged to a gay girl (ks 5) that was brought in as a rescue like two days before.  XD

System.Linq

Here's an update to ring in the new year-- oh. What do you mean it's already been rung in?

-For those of you using alien race mods, they can now romance outside their species.
-The code for hanging out/dating has been rewritten from scratch and should be much more reliable, albeit not perfect. Pawns don't like doing things together and it is difficult to corral them into doing so. Also, pawns who are hanging out will show up on the caravan forming screen now.
-Rare bug where an election would fail to finish because the mayor was out on a caravan should no longer occur; now the map the election is taking place on is stored instead of being determined from the winner's map (which is null if they are on the world map).
-Mood penalties for failed trait treatments should be formatted properly now.
-Histrionic pawns will now forget failed romance mood penalties after the mental break ends.
-Pawns in the self-harm mental break will no longer cut themselves so aggressively. It's not intended to be a suicide break.
-The injection code for ThingDef properties should be a little more robust. Thanks NotFood.
-Added Japanese translation.

Madman666

Noice. Thanks for your hard work, @Linq. By the way, I am still gettin oneshot-anxiety from first mental break I get mostly. How high is the probability? I kind of wanna know how unlucky I am exactly. At least we can fix it now))

System.Linq

float PTSDChance = (0.25f - (0.075f * intensity));
                if (pawn is PsychologyPawn)
                {
                    //Laid-back pawns are less likely to get anxiety from mental breaks.
                    PTSDChance -= (pawn as PsychologyPawn).psyche.GetPersonalityRating(PersonalityNodeDefOf.LaidBack) / 10f;
                }

Madman666

So its dependant on mental break intensity... Since last ones I got were after soft breaks (i think one was major though), that means holy shit I am unlucky. Talk about Murphy's law at work.

System.Linq

Minor breaks have a 7.5% base chance, minus how Laid-back the pawn is.

Madman666

Quote from: Linq on January 19, 2018, 05:21:57 PM
Minor breaks have a 7.5% base chance, minus how Laid-back the pawn is.

3 hits with 7.5%? I definitely should go play roulette. It was a rather crappy climate cycle run, so I guess it was inevitable at some point. Still 7.5% for a minor break to get a semi-permanent (thank god) condition you can't get rid of without lategame items is a bit harsh. Thats not counting laid-back value though. So taking that into account probably fine? I think with my rotten luck I'll get it even with 0.1% so I might as well get used to it =))

coldcell

The .rar file from Nexus is corrupted again.

Edit: It's openable using 7zip. I was trying to unarchive it using winrar due to the file format and couldn't do it.

Edit2: With this mod enabled, EdB Prepare Carefully isn't working.

System.Linq