[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 11, 2018, 03:36:35 PM
is there a marker able to be set similar to the caravan mod? So I can make an office for the mayor instead of having everyone in the persons bedroom.

What about an election spot for when the votes take place?

I think that's a great idea. I remember I just had my mayor's "office" as two bedrooms combined. Normally I have 5x5 interior dimensions for my bedrooms, so I just knocked out one wall cell between two bedrooms. So that way, in my head, their bedroom was still kinda segregated from their office. Office had a nice table, desk, plants, and a couch, so that other pawns could relax while they bitched at the mayor ::) Plus, it seems like all other sort of "day time jobs" that pawns go off to do, they usually all get their own work area. I think it would be absolutely freaking AWESOME if we could have a little "office ward" area of our colonies. A mayor's office, head warden's office, head engineer's office, head doctor's office, captain of the guard's office, hospitality manager's office, etc.! How freaking cool would that be. Also, I think that would tie in perfectly with my "Colony Council & Military Ranks" mod idea that I've posted about before. You could have whoever is in these positions go "work" in their office for the day.

You could have a sort of "colony needs" bar, that could be slowly filled up or drained, depending on the department heads skill and amount of recent work they have put in, in their office. The higher or lower this bar is, the more colony wide affects and their severity. For example, if you have a really shitty head doctor, and he has been super slacking on his work recently, then your "hospital system" should start getting out of whack. Everyone's medical tend quality, tend speed, surgery success chance, surgery speed, etc. all of those things will start to suffer, if your "Hospital Needs" bar is staying low, because you need to replace your head doctor.

If you have a really awesome head engineer, and he's been putting in some overtime in the office during his "anything" parts of his daily schedule, then it will show all over the colony. Everyone's construction success chance will go up, or if they fail a construction, they waste less materials. You could have interesting mechanics like this for all of the different council positions or different "departments", like medical, engineering, psychology (similar to the mod Therapy but on a colony wide social scale).

I also think that you should be able to set up the mayor as it's own work type. It was weird to me when I first started using Psychology, that I had to remember to change my current mayor's work schedule to just anything all throughout the day. This was because I kept having issues of people who were wanting to have a meeting with the mayor and they could never accomplish this, or at least that's what it seemed like when I actually observed them. That's because I had a rather extensively built map at the time. And if the mayor's office is along one edge of the map, and the pawn that needs to have a meeting is on the other edge of the map, it would take way too long for them to try and truck it over to the mayor's office in time.

Anyway, sorry this turned out to be a much bigger ramble than I had intended. I think it's painfully obvious I have been thinking about RimWorld mods too much lately :-\

Ruisuki

Completely agree with that harry, it would just help so much more with immersion as well. Though the colony needs idea seems like itd be a whole lot more work
----

A third question I want to ask while waiting for a response to my last ones: When editing the psych values under prepare carefully will moving the bar to the right mean more of: empathetic/nice/compassionate or less? Traditionally itd be more but given how the categories are on the left side Im just wondering

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 05:49:54 AM
Though the colony needs idea seems like itd be a whole lot more work

Yeah, that was a bit of a ramble for what I like to imagine we could have from mods. Anyway, I think at least having a separate office for the mayor should be something within the realm of reasonable possibilities ;D Maybe even having a "mayor" work job would be nice, too. I would like to be able to have my mayor just sit in their office all day. That way if someone wants to do a meeting, they can just stop by, and I won't have to try and worry about coordinating two conflicting schedules.

Kori

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 11, 2018, 03:36:35 PM
is there a marker able to be set similar to the caravan mod? So I can make an office for the mayor instead of having everyone in the persons bedroom.

I like this idea!

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 05:49:54 AM
A third question I want to ask while waiting for a response to my last ones: When editing the psych values under prepare carefully will moving the bar to the right mean more of: empathetic/nice/compassionate or less? Traditionally itd be more but given how the categories are on the left side Im just wondering

Yes, moving the bar to the right with prepare carefully means more of this.

minakurafto

anxiety above managed is annoying as it sometimes can make colonist stuck cowering forever when enemy/raid come, even after all enemy is killed it still cowering till drop exhausted. test with debug remove hediff anxiety all become normal or maybe its a bug

how to edit thought memory death in psychology? without psychology it's as easy as just edit xml. but with psychology, it doesn't read the edited xml, as if psychology has it own def ,but there is no xml that define KnowPrisonerDiedInnocent, only bleeding heart variant
--------------------
it seems some mood penalty related to bleeding heart is hard coded in dll so no xml cant modify the number except the bleeding heart variant
but duration and stack limit still can be edited via xml so thats the only way to remove mood debuff

missing recipe because helptab can be fixed with <recipeuser> in treatment recipe, copied from EPOE recipe XML

Ruisuki

do i need to do something for the election results to drop? Its been 7 days and still nothing. Both candidates are acquainted with everyone already, except they each have one rival. Im about to send both candidates on a mission now since it hasnt triggered. Does it usually take this long and is there anything I can do to influence the results?

Prince Kasta

Quote from: minakurafto on February 13, 2018, 07:21:23 PM
anxiety above managed is annoying as it sometimes can make colonist stuck cowering forever when enemy/raid come, even after all enemy is killed it still cowering till drop exhausted. test with debug remove hediff anxiety all become normal or maybe its a bug

how to edit thought memory death in psychology? without psychology it's as easy as just edit xml. but with psychology, it doesn't read the edited xml, as if psychology has it own def ,but there is no xml that define KnowPrisonerDiedInnocent, only bleeding heart variant
--------------------
it seems some mood penalty related to bleeding heart is hard coded in dll so no xml cant modify the number except the bleeding heart variant
but duration and stack limit still can be edited via xml so thats the only way to remove mood debuff

missing recipe because helptab can be fixed with <recipeuser> in treatment recipe, copied from EPOE recipe XML

The anxiety thing is intentional, while they do that check their mood thought and you will see -12 panic attack.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 20, 2018, 05:31:01 AM
do i need to do something for the election results to drop? Its been 7 days and still nothing. Both candidates are acquainted with everyone already, except they each have one rival. Im about to send both candidates on a mission now since it hasnt triggered. Does it usually take this long and is there anything I can do to influence the results?
Nothing happened....and now the 'election' message on the bottom right above the day is gone. What?

RyanRim

I agree that there should be additions to the elections like the Colony Leadership mod, rip that one. I really miss the ballot boxes and leadership levels included in that mod. Even if it would now be released as a standalone, Im really waiting for it.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: RyanRim on February 23, 2018, 07:37:30 AM
I agree that there should be additions to the elections like the Colony Leadership mod, rip that one. I really miss the ballot boxes and leadership levels included in that mod. Even if it would now be released as a standalone, Im really waiting for it.

It works just fine in B18 for me. If you get the version from HardcoreSK you need to remove plastic as one of the building materials for the ballot box or you'll get errors. Also, if you need help with any of it you can message me on Discord and we'll get ya going :)

Cenotaph

Tried to use the same driver for 2 pawns: RimWorld.JobDriver_SocialRelax, first pawn= Celani, second pawn=Fellers
I had the same issue, fixed with rearranging the mod order list, put psychology higher in the load list. Atleast people are now going on dates and hanging out like there is no tomorrow.

sai05

helo i have problem / conflic your mod with robot mod . i already try contact robot mod creator but he cant do any thing
mybe from this side can fix it ?
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/724602224/1693788384137762969/

donot85

Hello everyone, Hello Linq and thank you for the awesome mod.
Is Psichology supposed to work with colonists that are travelling in caravan mode? I've sent 3 colonists wich are not in good personal relationships between each other, in the hope that they turn into friends while travelling. But the all the social things seems to be freezed in caravan mode..

Kori

Quote from: donot85 on February 28, 2018, 11:46:34 AM
Is Psichology supposed to work with colonists that are travelling in caravan mode? I've sent 3 colonists wich are not in good personal relationships between each other, in the hope that they turn into friends while travelling. But the all the social things seems to be freezed in caravan mode..

Social interactions are disabled for caravans, but it would be great if this mod could enable them!

donot85

Quote from: Kori on February 28, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
Social interactions are disabled for caravans, but it would be great if this mod could enable them!

I never noticed they were disabled in the Core as well, never formed a caravan before having Psichology! Let's hope 1.0 will allow it!