[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daros

Quote from: wwWraith on June 30, 2017, 10:06:25 AM
Thanks for the mod!

Didn't tried a new game, I've added it to the current save (with EdB Prepare Carefully and many other mods including Pawns Are Capable, RF Editable Backstories, Less Rebuffs, Rumours & Deception and Romance Diversified) without errors. Of course my existed pawns were lacking this new "psyche" tab, but I managed to add it by manually editing the save file. Looks like no problems yet, and I hope there wouldn't be :)

I also added this mod mid-game. How does one go about manually adding the missing "psyche" tab to exisiting pawns? (Also, is there any way to change the values by hand after the game has started?).

Thanks.

wwWraith

Quote from: Daros on July 02, 2017, 10:58:48 AM
I also added this mod mid-game. How does one go about manually adding the missing "psyche" tab to exisiting pawns? (Also, is there any way to change the values by hand after the game has started?).
Quote from: Linq on June 30, 2017, 10:20:24 PM
From the Workshop bug reports discussion:

Open the text editor of your choice. Use it to open the file with the same name as your save. It will be in XML format, which you can Google a picture of if you are unfamiliar. Use Ctrl-F or Ctrl-H to open up the Replace All dialog. Replace all instances of Class = "Pawn" with Class = "Psychology.PsychologyPawn". You will only need to do this once per pre-Psychology save.

And if you want to manually change the values you can find <sexuality> and <psyche> sections in the pawn's definitions in your save file after they would be added by Psychology.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

kiesu

So, how do I stop a prisoner from throwing tauntarums? They're great at escaping prisons since I cant arrest them as they kick down that low hp vent and march on trough to kick some more stuff, even once outside the prison I cant arrest them... I cant even shoot them!
I am at a loss here.

System.Linq

Quote from: kiesu on July 02, 2017, 11:45:56 AM
So, how do I stop a prisoner from throwing tauntarums? They're great at escaping prisons since I cant arrest them as they kick down that low hp vent and march on trough to kick some more stuff, even once outside the prison I cant arrest them... I cant even shoot them!
I am at a loss here.
Draft a pawn and manually order them to be arrested, or press B to shoot them.

kiesu

Quote from: Linq on July 02, 2017, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: kiesu on July 02, 2017, 11:45:56 AM
I am at a loss here.
Draft a pawn and manually order them to be arrested, or press B to shoot them.
No, the rampaging prisoners are literally unclickable/selectable by drafted pawns. I wonder if its a mod conflict if that's supposed to work on prisoners...

Edit/ yeah ok I can knife/shoot them, half of the time that ends up being lethal though...

System.Linq

You can still press B and click on them to shoot them.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-2:
-Fixed a bug where more introverted pawns were actually more likely to have conversations, with less friendly pawns. Now the grumpy jerks will stop being the stars of your colony and extroverts will stop keeping to themselves.
-Added the psyche display to starting pawn generation.
-You can now edit pawns' psyches in dev mode from the Psyche tab.
-Removed error message when adding Gay trait since it seems like it isn't caused by a mod.
-If you are using Prepare Carefully, load Psychology after it and it will add a button to edit the psyche of the pawns you customize.
-Fixed the French translation a bit.
-You should now be able to arrest people in all the custom mental states, but beware: arresting mental breakers now carries a much greater risk of going berserk.

GenericUsername

Any idea why it's throwing a million errors for me?

System.Linq

GenericUsername

What? What's with that tone, that's completely uncalled for.
I'm not acquainted with Rimworld's errors, that might as well be Portuguese to me.

It's saying something about not liking the system for romance "attempts" and there's a null reference, but that's about as far as I go.

I don't use either of the "incompatible" mods referenced in the first post, I don't even use "EdB Prepare Carefully".

System.Linq

No, I have no idea why it's throwing a million errors for you, since you provided no information about the problem or what it's telling you. Post screenshots if you want any mod author to help you.

GenericUsername

What screenshots do you want? I posted the error message from the ingame log.

System.Linq

No, you didn't. You posted a paraphrased version of it. This is what posting the error looks like:

Quote from: Warforyou on June 30, 2017, 01:41:39 PM
I am still unsure how but this mod broke world map for me when I added it midgame. Map icons are still shown but there are no world textures. The error being thrown is:
Called DrawWorldLayers() but already regenerating. This shouldn't ever happen because LongEventHandler should have stopped us.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldRenderer:DrawWorldLayers()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

GenericUsername

Now you're just mocking me.
That's what I bloody posted!

Quote from: GenericUsername on July 02, 2017, 06:22:55 AM
Getting this error repeatedly in the log:
Exception ticking Hornet: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.Harmony.InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt_SelectionWeightPatch.PsychologyException (single&,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00326>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt.RandomSelectionWeight_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x002f7>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker/<TryInteractRandomly>c__AnonStorey354.<>m__358 (RimWorld.InteractionDef) <0x00032>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight<RimWorld.InteractionDef> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<RimWorld.InteractionDef>,System.Func`2<RimWorld.InteractionDef, single>,RimWorld.InteractionDef&) <0x000b6>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractRandomly () <0x001ac>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.InteractionsTrackerTick () <0x000f0>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x002c8>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c0>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

In this particular game I'm playing as a Tribe so "Hornet" is actually a human.
This shows up very frequently, even multiple times per second, seemingly for all humans.

System.Linq

OK, I apologize. I don't keep track of who reports bugs. To me, you were just a random person coming in the thread and asking why your game wasn't working. I had no idea you'd posted in the thread before. In the future, please quote the initial bug report.

To answer your question, I didn't see anything that stuck out as likely to throw an NPE when I checked. Since your save probably has a dozen mods I don't use, I need to playtest it on my own and see if I can reproduce the error.