[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Hello Linq,

this is from the CaP thread about the incompatibility with your mod:

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on March 04, 2018, 09:26:37 PM
More like your newborns could potentially become mayors from what I've read in the past. That may still be an issue

Would it be possible to add a minimum age requirement for pawns to be elected as mayors to fix the incompatibility, please?

System.Linq

Yeah I've spoken to the author about it before. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Could someone please tell me what happened on February 28th that caused a surge of interest in this mod?

Kori

Okay, great! :)

I think this is a must have mod for many people.

Buli

Hello,

I really love this mod, but i have always disagreed with changes to "appearance" traits.
They seem quite pointless to me (especially that I have consolidated traits, which some do also modify social impact stat), so I would prefer vanilla functionality.
Can somebody point me were should i look to edit the files?

Thanks for help.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-3-13:
-Colonists should now be able to hold parties again.
-Romantic partners will no longer cancel their dates when they schedule them for times when they would normally be able to go on a date, but wouldn't be able to hold a party.
-Exposed the text of the Paranoid and Fell Plotting mental breaks to translation.
-You can now designate a room as an office by placing a table in it, and then selecting the table and activating the room as a mayoral office through it. No extra furniture necessary. Mayors will prefer to hold meetings in offices, but they'll still hold them in their bedroom if no office is available.
-Fixed a mistake in the xpath patches that prevented conflicting traits from being added to certain vanilla traits.
-You can now change the duration of the opinion modifier from conversations in the mod settings.

Ruisuki

Thank you Linq! Finally a mayors office spot! Now my overseer can control the vault

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-3-14:
-Fixed tables being defaulted to mayoral office tables (even though there should only be one office table per map).
-Fixed the NPE when deconstructing or uninstalling tables.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-3-15:
-Tweaks to the hanging out code so that it should generate fewer errors and pawns should respect each other's space more.
-Fixed the bug that caused all tables that can be used as gather spots to default to also being office tables.
-Possibly fixed the mayor not being able to find his/her office?

VincentJ

Hello

I just installed your mod two days ago, and it seems very interesting.
But I had to stop a game because of an insomniac pawn : he was spending his nights and his days sleeping, and his sleep level (or rest level, I don't know how it is in the original version) was recovering very very slowly, like 0,1% every second.
Of course, it was tribal, at the beginning of the game, no bed.

I searched on the net if it had already happen to other people. On reddit, there is cases like this one.
But here on this topic, there is none : the only references about insomnia were yours, Linq.

Page 8 of the thread :
Quote from: Linq-Insomniacs will actually go to sleep when they get tired again.
It means... at the beginning of the mod, insomniacs had just a mid sleep level when they woke up ? They were always tired, so, whith a big mood penalty ? But how do you avoid the crisis ?

Page 19 of the thread :
Quote from: Linq-You can now treat Insomnia.
How does it run ? You take a pill and you're cured ? The "insomniac" trait disappears from the character's skills and abilities ?

When I chose this insomniac character (because I reroll each character till I find an interesting one), I was wondering how do you simulate insomnia.
According to me, an insomniac pawn should go to sleep after the other ones, because (s)he gets issues to fall asleep.
The recovery rate should be normal, I don't know how much it is, in % by second.
Maybe a little bit smaller if you want, but if it's so, it's not insomnia, it's just a non-recovering sleep. People can sleep 12 hours and feel tired, the issue comes from their sleep, not their insomnia.
Insomnia means that you can't sleep.

So after a little cycle, 2 or 3 hours sleeping, normal recovering, the insomniac pawn should have a high waking up risk, or nightmare risk, and stay awaked. That would explain (s)he is tired during the day. And at the end of the day, he could go to sleep before the others, but wake up during the night, even if the sleep level is not full.

I've seen other things like "anxiety", which is an illness, and can be treated by medicine. I don't know which type of medicine could be used in Rimworld to treat anxiety, but I think with a high medicine and sociabiliy skill, speaking to an anxious pawn could "cure" him.
Be anxious or insomniac is not a disease, it's just how your nervous system works. The only thing you can do is try to understand how it works.

Lethe

Replying to VincentJ here.

I assumed insomniac gaining about 1% an hour of sleep was intended and that it was meant to be a trait with a high impact -- like staggeringly ugly. (I'm pretty sure I had a bed on them, if not it was a bedroll. I had end tables and dressers in their room.)

Yeah, I think I made the same mistake as you did with an insomniac and tribal start lol.

It's current treatment seems to be a medical surgery. The only drug that seems to be added by this mod is methadone looking at its defs. I was hoping their treatment is something like sleeping pills o.o but maybe the medical treatment is like hypnosis lol? I suppose the 'operation' could be a very long discussion of sleep hygiene...

>an insomniac pawn should go to sleep after the other ones, because (s)he's afraid to sleep.

Insomniacs are not afraid to go to sleep. They just cannot get to sleep as easily as normal people. While some people may have a hard time getting to sleep because they are scared of something, insomniacs may have difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep as long as desired. Their sleep quality is impacted and typical symptoms of insomnia is feeling unrefreshed upon waking and daytime sleepiness. Linq having/had(?) insomniacs waking mid-sleep and being unable to return to sleep is typical of the disorder.

>I've seen other things like "anxiety", which is an illness, and can be treated by medicine. I don't know which type of medicine could be used in Rimworld to treat anxiety, but I think with a high medicine and sociabiliy skill, speaking to an anxious pawn could "cure" him.

I looked at the files and it takes a level 15 doctor and 3 glitterworld meds for anxiety treatment and 7,000 work amount. No social requirement (tbf I think the level 15 doctor is high enough). Treating other conditions like chemical interest or fascination, pyromania, or insomniac requires a level 3 doctor and 6 social and 4,500 work amount. 

Lethe

Linq: It seems your mayoral table designation is causing a lot of problems, have you considered leaving vanilla tables alone and just adding your own custom table whose sole function is to be a mayoral table? It'd look prettier. Vanilla tables are pretty barren.

System.Linq

Quote from: Lethe on March 15, 2018, 12:47:31 PM
Linq: It seems your mayoral table designation is causing a lot of problems, have you considered leaving vanilla tables alone and just adding your own custom table whose sole function is to be a mayoral table? It'd look prettier. Vanilla tables are pretty barren.

Yes.

The answer is No.

VincentJ

Sorry, I wasn't expecting such an answer. If I summarize your remarks, I don't know what I'm talking about and the mod is well done, the developers don't even take the time to reply.
Ok.
It doesn't really matter, actually. If I can't stand "insomniac" trait, I reroll every beginning character till I get one without the trait, and if there's other things I can't bear in this mod... I uninstall it.
I understand you have other issues more important now I've read feedback posts on your steam page, good luck

UristMcColonist

Hello, folks. Really cool mod. I was wondering where can I view the personality type and Kinsey scale of my pawns?

UristMcColonist

Quote from: Kori on March 04, 2018, 09:43:12 PM
Hello Linq,

this is from the CaP thread about the incompatibility with your mod:

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on March 04, 2018, 09:26:37 PM
More like your newborns could potentially become mayors from what I've read in the past. That may still be an issue

Would it be possible to add a minimum age requirement for pawns to be elected as mayors to fix the incompatibility, please?

Newborn Mayors? Feature, not a bug lol