[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

noticed a problem with that. Even when candidate messages trigger no message is given to show the result of the mayoral election.

Sliderpro

Sometimes people get stuck with their activities, like "hanging out with someone" untill they collapse lol
Mayor gets stuck in his office in attending meeting activity and doesnt even eat food placed in the same room..

System.Linq

Please post error logs if you can. That is not default behavior.

cricketsins

For those with the problem of their colony not finishing elections:

In my colony, elections would trigger and I would get messages about potential candidates. But eventually, nothing would happen and the election text in the sidebar would disappear.

I searched for answers and found someone on reddit who had the same problem, and was able to fix it but wasn't sure how. He listed off several things he had done, including disabling his Colony Manager mod.

I had that mod, so I decided to try that (despite my love for it) and it didn't fix the election that was already underway (as expected) so I forced another one and, finally, I have a mayor. The only other change I made was unrestricting everyone's schedule.

So, I would suggest doing one of those two things if you're having that problem. I highly suspect it was a compatibility issue with Colony manager, for some reason. Luckily, I was able to disable it without any problems.

Ruisuki

im not running colony manager. So just change the schedule of all colonists to 'anything?' For how long?

System.Linq

I use Colony Manager. I've been able to complete elections while the mod was enabled. I'll continue to look into it, though.

sajberhippien

So... how do I successfully add this to an existing save? I tried just adding it as I'd add any mod, but no difference is notable in terms of UI etc. The first page post implied I might have to edit the save file, but what should I edit?

Thanks for any help.

HolyHannah

So i am loving this mod so far, But I have a long time (300 in game days) married couple that, as far as opinion on each other they have been floating at around 20 opinion of each other  since they had a baby, which is fine, but they just hung out with each other, and after ONE conversation about "their life" suddenly they are at -100. This seems totally absurd. even though it was "a very lengthy back-and forth" i dont thing any single conversation should give -188 opinion points!?

This doesnt seem Realistic in the slightest. Disagreeing on many things over a large period of time i could see how they could perhaps drift apart.  Or maybe 2 or three big arguments like this could lead to -100, But this is crazy to me. maybe if they werent married for so long i could see how one long bakc and forth could make you hate someone, but this one conversation after many years of a decent marriage has just taken it too far. I could understand one huge long disagreement being like -50 or -75, but -188 is just so crazy, and probably impossible to come back from. 

HolyHannah

Quote from: sajberhippien on April 06, 2018, 03:17:27 PM
So... how do I successfully add this to an existing save? I tried just adding it as I'd add any mod, but no difference is notable in terms of UI etc. The first page post implied I might have to edit the save file, but what should I edit?

Thanks for any help.

This is the solution i got from Reddit:
"If the tab hasn't been there before today, then you probably need to replace all instances of: Class="Pawn" with Class="Psychology.PsychologyPawn" in your save file."

Just open the save file document in like, wordpad or something and use the Find and replace tool to do it all at once.

sajberhippien

matheryn

hi linq,

just wondering if its a bug on your side or EDBs Prepare carefully's side when it comes to disabling the Kinsey Scale option not allowing the map to generate?

Tomasdav

Quote from: HolyHannah on April 06, 2018, 06:25:27 PM
So i am loving this mod so far, But I have a long time (300 in game days) married couple that, as far as opinion on each other they have been floating at around 20 opinion of each other  since they had a baby, which is fine, but they just hung out with each other, and after ONE conversation about "their life" suddenly they are at -100. This seems totally absurd. even though it was "a very lengthy back-and forth" i dont thing any single conversation should give -188 opinion points!?

This doesnt seem Realistic in the slightest. Disagreeing on many things over a large period of time i could see how they could perhaps drift apart.  Or maybe 2 or three big arguments like this could lead to -100, But this is crazy to me. maybe if they werent married for so long i could see how one long bakc and forth could make you hate someone, but this one conversation after many years of a decent marriage has just taken it too far. I could understand one huge long disagreement being like -50 or -75, but -188 is just so crazy, and probably impossible to come back from.
Hey what do you know maybe he said something like he is gay or that her mother/sister/colleague is better at ehm hauling? Or maybe she is lesbian or said something about his shaft theese things happen in the real world

zizard

Nice mod that makes bad trait pawns useable, and makes conversations more interesting.

Is there a way to get a notification when a mental treatment expires? Or a way to track the status (severity) of a treatment? Seems to be doable since infected wound gets different labels depending on severity.

The experience gain for starting a treatment seems too high. Usually reads something like 10000/4000 (soft cap).

Is there a treatment for slothful? Could be revealed as attention defecit, and prescribed stimulants.

WonTon

Hi, I'm getting a massive slowdown bug that I've traced back to Psychology. My log spams "Socialite found on map" unendingly. It does this 5000 times, then gives me 1 "checking for party", and then repeats the 5000 again, forever. The game becomes unplayably slow because of this. Sorry if this isn't where to ask about the mod, but here's the log output for that instance.

Verse.Log:Message(String)
Psychology.Harmony.VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter_StartPartyPatch:ExtraSocialiteParties(VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter)
RimWorld.VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter:Tick_TryStartParty_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarter:VoluntarilyJoinableLordsStarterTick()
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Vivalas

I love this mod. Most of the other social mods have fallen out of style but there are a few things from them that would be neat in psychology, mostly from Romance Diversified and Lies and Deception.

How much exactly does psychology integrate from those mods? It says Romance Diversified is redundant-- are hookups ported over? I don't use double beds much but would be interested if that was indeed a feature in Psychology. Had the first instance of colonists cheating on one another today, don't know if it is a vanilla feature but it was pretty cool and fit into the story well.

Some of the secrets stuff and other things from L&D seems cool- but I really like the ideas of deserters and splinter factions. Having an extreme consequence to colonists who hate each other would add a lot of mechanical depth. Colony Leadership also has that rebellion feature, although it might be a bit redundant since someone that unpopular is unlikely to be elected in the first place.

Overall amazing mod. Lots of opportunities to expand it and add even more depth and plot to the game.