[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-16:
-Elections will now notify you if there is a tie, to make it clear that it's not a bug.
-Pawns hanging out together will no longer try and reserve the same item to do the same joy activity together.
-Fixed a bug that was causing elections to be won by the most competitive candidate, rather than the one with the most votes.
-Colonists will now hit on psychopaths (who never had 5+ opinion of anyone, mostly) if they find them attractive enough.
-Hopefully fixed the incompatibility between Psychology and Zombieland. I will need more input from the mod's creator to ensure this is resolved.

Brrainz

Congrats on tackling the issue with Zombieland. If I can be of any help, ping me at discord. I am big fan of your Psychology mod!

Mufflamingo

Updated to latest version but no Psyche on pawn generation and in EdB's Prepare carefully.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Bleeeee. . . . .

wolfsilver00

Hey guys, I'm trying to make the usual harvest organs without colonist killing themselves over it mod..  But I ran into a little problem, it doesnt matter what I do, I can't seem to change the value.. Used this code:

<ThoughtDef>
      <defName>KnowGuestOrganHarvested</defName>
      <durationDays>0.1</durationDays>
      <stackLimit>1</stackLimit>
      <stackedEffectMultiplier>0.75</stackedEffectMultiplier>
      <nullifyingTraits>
         <li>Psychopath</li>
      </nullifyingTraits>
      <stages>
         <li>
            <label>someone's organ harvested</label>
            <description>Harvested some kind of meat out of a meat bag, it was human but still, meh... </description>
            <baseMoodEffect>-1</baseMoodEffect>
         </li>
      </stages>
   </ThoughtDef>

The problem is.. It takes into account the new duration, stack limit and description, but the base mood effect part is not calculated...  Checked the core game and saw it has a -5.. But in game I get a -4.. So I though that maybe, it wasnt taking psychology's new base mood value, so.. Disabled EVERY other mod except for huglib.. And.. Didn't work? Then I went on and disabled huglib.. And finally, i get my mood value correctly translated into the game, so there is something in hublib (or harmony) that is not allowing me to modify the base values in the game (or is actually modifying the base values of the game, judging by the -4 instead of the core -5)..

Does op know of a solution to this? Been trying to solve this for 3 days already and it's making me crazy.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edit: Also tried modifying the PsychologyBase.cs values, that had a -4, but still it doesnt work u.u

Edit2: After trying to figure out how the fuck does c work, ended up realizing that PsychologyBase changes were using the empathy system (or defining it?) so I disabled the empathy mode in the mods options, and now my values from the DEF are working, so I guess I kinda made it work.. But I would still like to know why changing PsychologyBase values didn't work, that way I could enable the empathy system again and still harvest organs from the dudes..

Der Failer

Quote from: Linq on July 16, 2017, 03:10:10 AM
Updated to 2017-7-16:
[snip]
-Hopefully fixed the incompatibility between Psychology and Zombieland. I will need more input from the mod's creator to ensure this is resolved.
From what i can tell it works fine now. The error is gone and zombies spawn like they should.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-16 v2:
-Updated German translation
-Fixed Pawn class patcher

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 16, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to make the usual harvest organs without colonist killing themselves over it mod..  But I ran into a little problem, it doesnt matter what I do, I can't seem to change the value.. Used this code:
There is no "empathy system" in Psychology. The "disable empathy changes" option simply turns off the changes to thoughts like organ harvesting, which are lowered slightly so that the Bleeding heart trait's unique thoughts for those situations will be higher by comparison. I also enjoy when it messes with people who use unrealistic "no one cares about organ harvesting" mods with my realism-focused pawn psychology mod, so that's a bonus.

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Linq on July 16, 2017, 03:43:18 PM
Updated to 2017-7-16 v2:
-Updated German translation
-Fixed Pawn class patcher

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 16, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
There is no "empathy system" in Psychology. The "disable empathy changes" option simply turns off the changes to thoughts like organ harvesting, which are lowered slightly so that the Bleeding heart trait's unique thoughts for those situations will be higher by comparison. I also enjoy when it messes with people who use unrealistic "no one cares about organ harvesting" mods with my realism-focused pawn psychology mod, so that's a bonus.

Umm... Well, thanks for basically dismissing everything I said and not giving a single bit of help. I'm sorry I messed with your mod.
Also just so you know, it's unrealistic that someone would care about an organ being harvested from someone who recently tried to kill them, as it has a positive bias because of the potential use in own survival or those who are loved. But what the fuck do I know about realism in a game, I'm just a psychology student trying to have fun.
And please put your fucking ego in check, I was asking nicely, providing as much information as I could to help you give me a solution.. If you consider it a bonus making people who don't think like you about realism have a hard time, and enjoy it, then you are just an asshole with some power because of a well known mod.

Good fucking work on it by the way, it's pretty cool, but next time try to not be an ass to someone who is doing his fucking best to make the game more fun at least for him.

System.Linq

I recommend you pay a little more attention in your classes, if you really think that's the case.

Bonkus72

Quote from: Linq on July 16, 2017, 04:19:00 PM
I recommend you pay a little more attention in your classes, if you really think that's the case.

I personally would have no qualms about cutting up someone for profit if they had recently tried to end my life or the life of those I love.  Not everyone thinks like you, or what you believe to be "normal."  Maybe I'm an outlier, but if someone tries to kill me or my loved ones I'd put them in the cemetary without batting an eye.  What happens to their corpse after that is irrelevant to me; its just meat at that point.

System.Linq

Quote from: Bonkus72 on July 16, 2017, 07:47:11 PM
Quote from: Linq on July 16, 2017, 04:19:00 PM

I personally would have no qualms about cutting up someone for profit if they had recently tried to end my life or the life of those I love.  Not everyone thinks like you, or what you believe to be "normal."  Maybe I'm an outlier, but if someone tries to kill me or my loved ones I'd put them in the cemetary without batting an eye.  What happens to their corpse after that is irrelevant to me; its just meat at that point.

Tough words. Let's see you actually do it.

A psychology student ought to know about self-reporting biases.

Soupy Delicious

Jayeeeezus Christ.  I remember having childish thoughts like 'pshht, I would be fine in a war situation. I'd be making jokes', 'if someone pointed a gun at me, I'd defuse the situation with with my imperturbable wit!'.

Always despised psychology students. They're like laymen (fine by themselves), but who have this snobby, unbearable confidence in their newfound understanding on life as a whole.

Bonkus, have you ever had to cut someone up because they threatened to hurt, or hurt, a loved one?  The toughest military guys who are defending their (and attacking others') loved ones all the time end up slightly fucked up about the whole business. And that's before they decide to souvenir their organs to go back home and save old uncle Jimmy.

Legit I was last thinking like that when I was 15 years old, but I do remember thinking it and feeling it, and I forgive you if you are also 15.

Szara

Latest version of psychology, I always get this error on startup, no matter how much I strip down my mod load order, or where in the order I place Psychology.

[HugsLib][ERR] Psychology caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.PsychologyBase.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

I even went and cleared all of HugsLib's config data in case it needed a fresh start or something. I do not have Zombie Apocalypse or Children and Pregnancy, or anything else in the same vein as Psychology.

Psychology shows up in mod options, but nowhere else.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

System.Linq

Mufflamingo

I always say its going to be fine if a robbery starts, I can kill the robber before he makes a move.

It happened to me and I was forced to give my money to him and let me go. Nearly pissed my pants.

Sometimes not all you have in mind is the thing you will do when that situation occurs.
Bleeeee. . . . .