[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammerheadCow

It seems like psychology and children and pregnancies are compatable if you load psychology after children. But I don't know what it changes and how it isn't compatable. So...
I'm not creative enough to make up a good signature.

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: HammerheadCow on July 26, 2017, 08:08:50 AM
It seems like psychology and children and pregnancies are compatable if you load psychology after children. But I don't know what it changes and how it isn't compatable. So...

That's what I want to find out. Maybe the problems are simple ones. Like, maybe you'll witness two babies going off somewhere and having serious conversations about manners and the like.  I could find that plausible. 

Zuthal

One thing I am wondering about, and which I couldn't find by some casual code-diving - which actual distributions (i.e. chance of each rating) does this mod use for the Kinsey scale on the different settings, and would it be possible to expose those to be set by players who want to define their own distribution?

System.Linq

No. It uses a Gaussian formula which couldn't easily be set by players. It's in the sexuality tracker.

Der Failer

Two of my guys are hanging out (playing billiard), and every time one of them changes position this pops up (names and pos change ofc).
Tried to release (169, 0, 132) that wasn't reserved by Roberts.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:Release(LocalTargetInfo, Pawn)
Verse.AI.<Release>c__AnonStorey4F9:<>m__7E1()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Full log

Edit:
I'm not sure if this is a problem in vanilla or Psychology, but one of my colonist husband died, and she has a debuff for friend died (-3) and husband died (-20), if seems kind of odd to me having two debuff for the death of one person. IDK if is has something to do with it but her husband was in a caravan from another faction.

Edit2:
Ups switched auto-open off and therefore didn't notice this:
Exception ticking Taiki: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.Pawn_PsycheTracker.TotalThoughtOpinion (Psychology.PsychologyPawn other) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Hediff_Conversation.PostRemoved () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.RemoveHediff (Verse.Hediff hediff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Hediff_Conversation.PostRemoved () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.RemoveHediff (Verse.Hediff hediff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Hediff_Conversation.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Full log

drakulux

Heyo Linq, as someone that cant play without psychology and prepare carefully, is there a possibility you could make a compatibility patch for it so the psyche shows up instead of incapable (I use pawns are capable so that tab is not used right now)? Or if it is not too difficult and requires swapping the incapable of code with the psyche code (ignorant speech)?

Saint Lucifer

Small question, since i installed CE i keep seeing my colonists randomly having panic attacks and cowering against a wall, even when they are no danger at all. Like for example when they are crafting clothing on the workshop. Is there a way to stop then from doing that? According to CE author that is not his mod doing it by the way.

khearn

Cowering up against the wall when crafting clothing? Spounds like PTSD (Post-Traumatic Sock Disorder). The colonist is probably encountering memories from a past life when they died by running out into the middle of combat to collect socks from corpses.

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on July 27, 2017, 09:27:22 PM
Small question, since i installed CE i keep seeing my colonists randomly having panic attacks and cowering against a wall, even when they are no danger at all. Like for example when they are crafting clothing on the workshop. Is there a way to stop then from doing that? According to CE author that is not his mod doing it by the way.

Dude.  Do you, like, know emotions?  What do you think the pawns are doing when they're sitting there crafting.  You forget that this entire game is based around the psyche of the colonists, and with pretend brains comes pretend thinking.  Go figure.

They're sitting there thinking about shit - you know, memories.  It's a pretty damn good addition, actually.

Quote from: Der Failer on July 27, 2017, 12:49:35 PM
Edit:
I'm not sure if this is a problem in vanilla or Psychology, but one of my colonist husband died, and she has a debuff for friend died (-3) and husband died (-20), if seems kind of odd to me having two debuff for the death of one person. IDK if is has something to do with it but her husband was in a caravan from another faction.

Hey Der Failer.  It's not a problem at all; it's vanilla intentions.  This is what happens when you go straight to modded gameplay.

Saeko

Hi!

First thank you a lot for this mod linq!

Second, i have a little problem, the button for the psych in edb is here but when i clic it nothing happen, only a sound.

Any idea ?

( the mod order : hugslib => edb => psycho and all of them are uptaded)

Sorry for my english.

Thank

Saeko

Fresh reinstall with only hugslib, edb and psycho change nothing, the button is here but only make a sound when i click it :/

Saeko

The error code in dev mod when i clic the head icon for the psych in edb

QuoteException filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_PrepareCarefully: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<string, string>.Add (string,string) <0x0024b>
at Psychology.Dialog_EditPsyche..ctor (Psychology.PsychologyPawn) <0x0017e>
at Psychology.Harmony.Optional.PanelBackstoryPatch.AddPsycheEditButton (EdB.PrepareCarefully.PanelBackstory,EdB.PrepareCarefully.State) <0x0055f>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) EdB.PrepareCarefully.PanelBackstory.DrawPanelContent_Patch1 (object,EdB.PrepareCarefully.State) <0x00975>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PanelBase.Draw (EdB.PrepareCarefully.State) <0x00076>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.TabViewPawns.Draw (EdB.PrepareCarefully.State,UnityEngine.Rect) <0x000c4>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_PrepareCarefully.DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect) <0x00358>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (int) <0x00735>
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

3 days i try to launch a game with this mod, someone plz! halp :'(

Madman666

That anxiety thing really needs to have a permanent countermeasure. It keeps spreading and turning my guys into medicine consumers. Is there absolutely no way to get rid of it? Or at least let it be an option in mod settings or something...

Soupy Delicious

You don't need to use medicine to keep it in check.  It's like real life: a good doctor won't give someone with problems a prescription and tell them 'good luck'.  He'll sit down and chat.  Incase you didn't get it, it's pretty realistic as its implemented by linq, and not a big problem if you keep it in check (which you DONT need medicine for all the time).

Madman666

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on August 02, 2017, 12:57:22 AM
You don't need to use medicine to keep it in check.  It's like real life: a good doctor won't give someone with problems a prescription and tell them 'good luck'.  He'll sit down and chat.  Incase you didn't get it, it's pretty realistic as its implemented by linq, and not a big problem if you keep it in check (which you DONT need medicine for all the time).

Yeah, except I didn't have meds for period, during which I got 5 people out of 16 with this thing. Without meds all treatments were crap and it got to severe. Now I have 2 negotiators with social skills 15+ and a friggin -70% to talking, how about that? And after I did get meds and treatments bacame good it still stays severe without showing any sign of dropping. I hate something you absolutely can't reverse in RW besides death (like scars, for which we have EPOE). I hoped I just didn't know how to deal with it, but if you can't at all thats... annoying. I'll just have to delete the hediff from brains with dev tools. Thanks for the answer.