[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos17

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on August 02, 2017, 12:57:22 AM
You don't need to use medicine to keep it in check.  It's like real life: a good doctor won't give someone with problems a prescription and tell them 'good luck'.  He'll sit down and chat.  Incase you didn't get it, it's pretty realistic as its implemented by linq, and not a big problem if you keep it in check (which you DONT need medicine for all the time).
You never gone to a doctor to threat you about anxiety did you ?
Go around internet and in fact after just listening you for 30 mins they always give you strong med to counter depression and anxiety and those med are pratically just kind of "drug" since long term patient can take these med for 30 years in their life because when they try to stop they will have wtihdrawal effect.

Saeko

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Chaos17 on August 02, 2017, 08:59:01 AM
Quote from: Soupy Delicious on August 02, 2017, 12:57:22 AM
You don't need to use medicine to keep it in check.  It's like real life: a good doctor won't give someone with problems a prescription and tell them 'good luck'.  He'll sit down and chat.  Incase you didn't get it, it's pretty realistic as its implemented by linq, and not a big problem if you keep it in check (which you DONT need medicine for all the time).
You never gone to a doctor to threat you about anxiety did you ?
Go around internet and in fact after just listening you for 30 mins they always give you strong med to counter depression and anxiety and those med are pratically just kind of "drug" since long term patient can take these med for 30 years in their life because when they try to stop they will have wtihdrawal effect.

I did say 'GOOD' doctor.  Have you never gone to a GOOD doctor?  I haven't.

alsoandanswer

For some reason my colonists aren't hosting parties.

This mod changes pawn behaviour a lot so this is probably the best place to start...

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Madman666

By the way, my guys aren't partying either despite having a couple of guys with a trait that makes them party more often or something. Two years of in-game time - not a single party. And also no elections... buut my RW is heavily modded, so something was bound to get screwed. I am not using any other "social" type mods though.

Now that I think about it, my colonists also didn't offer a name for colony still too... Something's definitely screwed up. I wish I knew what exactly :(

Boundir

Quote from: Madman666 on August 02, 2017, 12:21:29 PM
By the way, my guys aren't partying either despite having a couple of guys with a trait that makes them party more often or something. Two years of in-game time - not a single party. And also no elections... buut my RW is heavily modded, so something was bound to get screwed. I am not using any other "social" type mods though.

Now that I think about it, my colonists also didn't offer a name for colony still too... Something's definitely screwed up. I wish I knew what exactly :(

You must have Ancient Danger in your map. Known bug from RW. Clear the Ancient Danger and you will be able to have your parties, naming etc...

Madman666

Quote from: Boundir on August 02, 2017, 04:11:29 PM
You must have Ancient Danger in your map. Known bug from RW. Clear the Ancient Danger and you will be able to have your parties, naming etc...

Thanks for the info! I just found the bug reports about it myself as well here and on reddit and was about to apologise for pointing on this mod. I used dev tools to kill all mechs on my map and everything flooded in - parties, marriages - all the crap... I hope it'll be fixed in A18. I wonder why social things added by psychology are also affected? Seems strange, those events probably use some fragment of vanilla code, that get interrupted by that bug... Interesting.

duham2

Hey!

I've been having a bit of an issue with treating pyromania and chemical interest. Whenever I check the operations menu of a pawn with one of those traits, I never see any option to give them treatment or any sort of aid.

I've tried toying around with some of the mods that I believed might have been conflicting, but without success. And I've been trying to look over the log, but my eyes just glaze over. But I'm guessing that the problem might simply due to some mod I missed (since I'm running quite a few mods).

Also, trying to add the recovery status through Dev Mode doesn't seem to work either. Clicking it just leads me to a blank box.

Here's the log:
https://gist.github.com/ed1c67bd17c4e29a126d62c9d2cbf2f9

It's not that pressing of an issue, though, since it's not that difficult edit the traits out (or in my case, follow them around putting out fires).

Anyway, thanks for the top notch mod!

Schwartz

Hey, you mentioned that colonists from pre-existing saves are grandfathered in without psyches. Is there an easy way to make them auto-generate psyches through save editing, or would I have to enter values by hand?

Chaos17

Hi,

Thank for your cool mod.
I've a suggestion: is it possible to make the other pawn react to a social event ?
Because yesterday, the parents of pawn gone into a fist fight and she didn't recorded it in her memory or being able to try to calm them or was sad.

Isdariel

The concept looks pretty rad, but I'm not quite sure what the psyches are actually doing. Okay, they have persistant (in)compatibilities which each other, that's pretty cool already. But what else? Does it actually affect the pawn's actions? Does someone with psyche "intellectual: none" has a disadvantage using the intellectual skill? (Btw, I got one with "Intellectual - none" at intellectual level 15 as a starting pawn. Curious.) Do people with low empathy care less about organ harvesting? Is a love for drugs in the psyche tab similiar in effects to chemical fascination? So many questions. :-)

Fuzzel

You write that this mod overlaps a lot with the romance diversified mod, but what about the rumors and deception one of the same author? Can I safely use both and will they collide in functionality in any way?

Constance68W

Quote from: Schwartz on August 04, 2017, 08:35:18 PM
Hey, you mentioned that colonists from pre-existing saves are grandfathered in without psyches. Is there an easy way to make them auto-generate psyches through save editing, or would I have to enter values by hand?

You'll need to edit your save..
Open your save file and replace all instances of Class="Pawn" with Class="Psychology.PsychologyPawn".

Chaos17

Hi,

Just wanting to say this mod is compatible with Children and Pregnancy, just put Physiology after it.
Thanks for the cool mod.

Schwartz

Quote from: Constance68W on August 11, 2017, 07:34:14 PM
Quote from: Schwartz on August 04, 2017, 08:35:18 PM

You'll need to edit your save..
Open your save file and replace all instances of Class="Pawn" with Class="Psychology.PsychologyPawn".

Thanks, this worked very well.

I realize this is vague, but after running Psychology for a while I began to experience game hangs. I assume that little bit of savegame editing was benign, as it generated psyche and sexuality for all pawns properly and did little else. They all seemed to work with the new system, seen in the log output for social encounters. If my 'fixing' the save is to blame, please disregard.

Anyway.. the only reason I'm sure it's this mod is that I removed it and pulled all the little bits out of the savefile (do not recommend, it took a while) and now it's not hanging the game anymore. The hangs were intermittent, rare, and several times I'd saved just before, loaded it up again and did not reproduce another one until later.

It could've been triggered by raids, come to think of it.