[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Chaos17 on August 12, 2017, 06:17:16 AM
Hi,

Just wanting to say this mod is compatible with Children and Pregnancy, just put Physiology after it.
Thanks for the cool mod.
have to agree with him, both mod seems to be working fine with each other... although i have psychology on top of the load order, so not sure if its going to be a problem...

what was the original problem anyway on why children and pregnancy mod and this mod wasn't compatible anyways??? same is with zombieland..

Onasaki

It could be because the psychology mod is created with the idea that there's only teenage, adult, and elderly pawns. Psychology with kids under 15 can be tricky, especially given the very deep way this mod goes into the psychology of our pawns.

It works, but sometimes can create hilarious results when you have a 10 year old with the 'lecher' trait. That's what I'd figure, anyway, there could be something more code-like that I'm not aware of. But yeah, I can confirm it works with psychology if it's loaded after.
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

Dargaron

Hello. Fantastic mod: I'm really enjoying it.

Is it WAD that my resident Psychopath doesn't seem to get increased relations with my other colonists from conversation? The trait only mentions that there's no mood boost from socializing: does it also disable relation increases?

I'm using the mod through Steam Workshop, so I assume that's the latest version. The only other mods are EPOE and Hugslib.

kuroiyuki

Quote from: Linq on June 30, 2017, 11:08:56 AM
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 30, 2017, 05:49:35 AM
Unable to try it, incompatible with EDB. Seems promising though, ill keep checking for an update that resolves the EDB incompatibility.

It is not incompatible with EBD. Please don't give other people this mistaken impression. As the Compatibility section says, it's compatible with pretty much everything.

Quote from: wwWraith on June 30, 2017, 10:06:25 AM
Thanks for the mod!

Didn't tried a new game, I've added it to the current save (with EdB Prepare Carefully and many other mods including Pawns Are Capable, RF Editable Backstories, Less Rebuffs, Rumours & Deception and Romance Diversified) without errors. Of course my existed pawns were lacking this new "psyche" tab, but I managed to add it by manually editing the save file. Looks like no problems yet, and I hope there wouldn't be :)

how do u get it working with the current save data and how u change it?

code99xx

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me, i want to start a new game with mods, i have downloaded a lot of mods and im having all sort of issues (to be expected) and ive been trying to narrow down the mods that are causing problems and one of the mods seems to be this one.

Im getting the following error :

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.LocalTargetInfo.get_Cell () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I think its related to psychology but cant be sure ... any idea what this means? Ive resolved most of the incompatibilities so far but i cant figure this one out ...

This is my current enabled mods in order:

<activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>AreaUnlocker</li>
    <li>BetterVents-BetterVents1.4</li>
    <li>Cooks Can Refuel</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-ShieldsBasic</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>EPOERebalanced-1.2</li>
    <li>CentralizedClimateControl</li>
    <li>FoodAlert-0.17.0.1</li>
    <li>FuckFriendlyFire</li>
    <li>GaussWeapons-GaussWeapons1.7</li>
    <li>Grenade Fix Rearmed</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>High Caliber</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>ImprovedWorkbenches</li>
    <li>Industrial-Drill-Rig-Vanilla-Edition</li>
    <li>LaserWeapons-LaserWeapons1.7</li>
    <li>MapReroll</li>
    <li>MedicalTab</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MAI</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Objects</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_TrainingFacility</li>
    <li>NackbladIncRimhair</li>
    <li>Nandonalt - Set-up Camp</li>
    <li>PowerSwitch</li>
    <li>PrepareLanding</li>
    <li>Psychology</li>
    <li>RealisticStarvationMod</li>
    <li>RT's Weapon Pack</li>
    <li>RF - Fertile Fields</li>
    <li>RF - Concrete</li>
    <li>RF - Consolidated Traits</li>
    <li>RF - More Trait Slots</li>
    <li>RF - Smooth Stone Walls</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Hair</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Security</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Storyteller</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Vanilla</li>
    <li>Spoons Hair Mod -A17</li>
    <li>T-ExpandedCrops</li>
    <li>T-RawCropThoughts</li>
    <li>USCM - Core</li>
    <li>USCM - Turret</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>[A17]Organized Research Tab v1.0.3</li>
  </activeMods>

Hungry Colonist

Quote from: code99xx on August 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
Hi,

I hope you guys can help me, i want to start a new game with mods, i have downloaded a lot of mods and im having all sort of issues (to be expected) and ive been trying to narrow down the mods that are causing problems and one of the mods seems to be this one.

I'd take a look at those trait mods you have. I'm not sure, but I use psychology with a ton of mods, however none of them affecting pawns personalities except psychology.

I always load psychology last, don't know if it makes a difference, but I never got any errors related to psychology.

That's just my 2 cents, the mod author can help you better.

code99xx

Quote from: Hungry Colonist on August 26, 2017, 12:48:38 PM
Quote from: code99xx on August 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
Hi,

I'd take a look at those trait mods you have. I'm not sure, but I use psychology with a ton of mods, however none of them affecting pawns personalities except psychology.

I always load psychology last, don't know if it makes a difference, but I never got any errors related to psychology.

That's just my 2 cents, the mod author can help you better.

You mean the mod that adds more trait slots or the mods that add new traits?
I've been trying to figure this one out since i made that post, i still cant tell where is the conflict ...

EDIT: I've spent the past hour trying to figure out which mods conflict and unrelated to my issue in the previous post, i found this:

Called InitSaving() but current mode is Saving
Verse.ScribeSaver:InitSaving(String, String)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.ColonistSaver:SaveToFile_Patch0(CustomPawn, String)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.ControllerPawns:SaveCharacter(CustomPawn, String)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.<>c__DisplayClass12_0:<DrawPanelContent>b__1(String)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_SaveColonist:DoSpecialSaveLoadGUI(Rect)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_Colonist:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

This is a conflict between Psychology and EDB Prepare Carefully. (im pretty sure about this, i only have edb prepare carefully and psychology enabled atm, mod order doesnt matter) I get the error when trying to save a character i created in prepare carefully. Works with the first character (it saves properly) but start giving this error when trying to save subsequent pawns.

Hungry Colonist

Works with the first character (it saves properly) but start giving this error when trying to save subsequent pawns.

Yep. I got that error too, but it was an older version of Psych and Edb.
I just closed the error messages, I created 7  characters and they all saved properly even tho I had the error.
It was just an annoying thing.

Sh1ne

I don't know if it would be possible or not, but could there be a system for colonists getting used to something? A lot of people seem to be using mods to disable debuffs after harvesting organs from prisoners or killing them. I personally kind of understand it, but it also seems gamebreaking, which is why I don't use it. So as it kind of fits into the psychology setting of this mod I was wondering if one could make some debuffs and maybe some buffs as well be less potent after it occurred a number of times.

afrosammy00

I don't think my colony has conducted a vote for Mayor. Does it go by a 365 day year, or an ingame year of 90 days? How can I find who my mayor is, in case I missed the vote somehow?

Hungry Colonist

Quote from: afrosammy00 on August 28, 2017, 03:27:17 PM
I don't think my colony has conducted a vote for Mayor. Does it go by a 365 day year, or an ingame year of 90 days? How can I find who my mayor is, in case I missed the vote somehow?

They get elections every fall and it's in game time.
A message pops up saying your colony is about to have an election days before they go to a room to vote, so there's no way you could miss that.

Try using dev mode and looking for unknown ancient dangers in your map. If there's one, destroy the enemies in it. For some reason elections don't start if you have an ancient danger still on the map.

The mayor will have "mayor" in their name once they are elected.

Eetere

It seems that when elections finish, and one of the people who could be elected (or the one who wins, don't really know which) is in a caravan, it will cause massive FPS drops and a spam of errors. It can be fixed by teleporting them back using dev mode, but it would be nice to have it fixed.
If this has been fixed, or if it just my game, then disregard this message.

Luckspeare

Not sure if this has been covered -- please forgive me if it has -- but I thought I'd post what looks like a Psychology mod error in case it helps:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.MentalStateWorker_Abuse.StateCanOccur (Verse.Pawn) <0x0002b>
at Verse.MentalBreaker.BreakCanHappenNow (Verse.MentalBreakDef,Verse.MentalBreakIntensity) <0x00111>
at Verse.MentalBreaker/<>c__Iterator1BE.<>m__7EB (Verse.MentalBreakDef) <0x0001c>
at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1<Verse.MentalBreakDef>.MoveNext () <0x00100>
at Verse.MentalBreaker/<>c__Iterator1BE.MoveNext () <0x00177>
at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight<Verse.MentalBreakDef> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.MentalBreakDef>,System.Func`2<Verse.MentalBreakDef, single>,Verse.MentalBreakDef&) <0x003d5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.MentalBreaker.TryDoRandomMoodCausedMentalBreak_Patch1 (object) <0x000f7>
at Verse.MentalBreaker.MentalStateStarterTick () <0x0012f>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.MindStateTick () <0x0005d>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x001e1>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () <0x00080>
at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldTick () <0x00017>
at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () <0x00246>

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide that would help.

Love the mod -- thank you!

EDIT: Also got this -- apologies if this is unhelpful.  It keeps repeating every tick -- I've got a party out with 0.4 days of food left, I have set up camp mod.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.PartyUtility.AcceptableGameConditionsToContinueParty (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PartyUtility.AcceptableGameConditionsToStartParty (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Hediff_PlannedDate.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

MsMeiriona

There seems to be no accounting for kinsey X, asexuality, except to drop the drives down to zero, is there any other way to accomplish this and I'm just missing something, or are aces just left out?

Luckspeare

Also, I'm seeing discussion on the thread for Miscellaneous - M.A.I. about whether Psychology is compatible.  One person says it works, a couple others say it produces an error and doesn't work, and the mod author says there's a definite incompatible that would have to be fixed on the part of the Psychology mod.

Could you clarify whether the two mods can or can't work together?