[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadley

Quote from: AngleWyrm on September 27, 2017, 06:53:38 PM
Quote from: Hadley on September 27, 2017, 04:16:45 PM
Can somebody tell me what the Kinsey Settings mean? I have it on Default but I feel I get too many Gays.

Quote from: wikipediaThe Kinsey scale, also called the Heterosexual–Homosexual Rating Scale, is used in research to describe a person's sexual orientation based on their experience or response at a given time. The scale typically ranges from 0, meaning exclusively heterosexual, to 6, meaning exclusively homosexual.

Rating    Description
0    Exclusively heterosexual
1    Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2    Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3    Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4    Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5    Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6    Exclusively homosexual
X    No socio-sexual contacts or reactions

Yeah I googled that myself, but the question was how is that used. Is the RNG just rolling randomly and the chance to roll 6 is the same as rolling a 0? I just want a realistic Game so no more than 5% Gays.

And is there a way to disable some of the MentalBreaks like Self-Harm and that Break where they just destroy fucking everything (RIP Legendary Bed...). They feel pretty bad and super unrealistic how often they happen.

Sylph

Quote from: Hadley on September 29, 2017, 11:42:21 AM
Yeah I googled that myself, but the question was how is that used. Is the RNG just rolling randomly and the chance to roll 6 is the same as rolling a 0? I just want a realistic Game so no more than 5% Gays.

Jesus christ... Realism is not "no more than 5% 'Gays'". Cringe. The mod by default (thank you Linq for the inverse option, saved me having to add it myself ;D) uses a Gaussian function to model the probability of a colonist having a particular Kinsey rating, in line with numbers that seemed to me when I looked through the code to accurately represent real world statistics. Roughly speaking, within the constraints imposed by a fixed whole number scale, a colonist in the game has the same probability of being created with a particular sexuality as a real living human does.

AngleWyrm

The website GiantsInThePlayground (host to Order of the Stick comic) did a reader survey and this distribution curve was the result.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Sylph

Quote from: AngleWyrm on September 29, 2017, 01:45:00 PM
...did a reader survey...

And thus produced no useful data...? Sorry, but if it's reliable statistics you want, you aren't going to get them from anything other than peer-reviewed scientific journal published studies. And there are so, so many to choose from, from all around the world, with hundreds of thousands of participants. With so much good data out there (and hell, good data not even on just humans, but many, many other animals) I don't think we really need to resort to self-report, non-representative, uncontrolled, self-selecting-sample reader surveys.

Also, I mean it's titled "sexual orientation by age"... C'mon... that's gotta be a joke about the fallibility of surveys, right?

AngleWyrm

Conspicuously absent is a presentation of more accurate statistics.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Kiame

Got a bug today. I just reformed a caravan after raiding an outpost. Picture of the error attached.

The window refuses to close. I can pause the game to close the window but once I start the game again the error pops back up - ie this bug is happening every update.

Resolved by setting up a camp then reforming the caravan

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

RequiemFang

Gonna take a wild guess here and ask, any closer to getting the this mod compatible with the Children and Pregnancy mod? Or is it the fact that the C&P mod doesn't use Harmony which makes this mod have issues with it?

sophiasong

Quote from: AngleWyrm on September 29, 2017, 02:01:28 PM
Conspicuously absent is a presentation of more accurate statistics.

https://www.kinseyinstitute.org/collections/index.php

fyi, though it's become a fad over the last decade, burying your head in the sand, not making the effort to do basic research, and the associated mewling about the burden of proof isn't good argumentation.

e: Also, for anyone willing to use a search engine, you'll notice there are research trends in response to work like that of the Kinsey Institute, which attempt to use other methods to define the human response to attraction. For example: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0040256

Levianeer

Sorry, but I've been having a bit of trouble with a bug, pawns will just stand near prisoners instead of recruiting them. Wasn't sure how to fix this myself.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Charlie, Job=PrisonerFriendlyChat A=Thing_Human457705, Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Psychology.PsychologyPawn' from assembly 'Psychology, Version=17.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InteractionWorker.Interacted_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.RulePackDef>) <0x00017>
at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractWith (Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.InteractionDef) <0x00368>
at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal/<ConvinceRecruitee>c__AnonStorey26C.<>m__DE () <0x00028>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x002d9>
lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=PrisonerFriendlyChat, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_ChatWithPrisoner
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
RimWorld.<WaitToBeAbleToInteract>c__AnonStorey26B:<>m__DC()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath(LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
RimWorld.<GotoPrisoner>c__AnonStorey26A:<>m__DA()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

edit: Never mind, found a fix. Apparently disabling Defensive positions works. I guess it's not compatible or I'm missing something.

Ruisuki

1. any progress on implementing polling station+mayoral office spot?

2. is it compatible with prepare carefully?

MCreeper

It was made with prepare carefully long time ago.

Rasperry_Hero

Ok, so the "Default" option uses a gaussian distribution trying to emulate how common homosexuality is in the real world, but what exactly does the "Inverse" and "Center" do then? I play on default, and seemingly only ever get people with 0 or 1 on the Kinsey scale!

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Rasperry_Hero on November 07, 2017, 06:04:31 PM
Ok, so the "Default" option uses a gaussian distribution trying to emulate how common homosexuality is in the real world, but what exactly does the "Inverse" and "Center" do then? I play on default, and seemingly only ever get people with 0 or 1 on the Kinsey scale!

Inverse makes 6-5 on the Kinsey Scale the most common rather than the standard 0-2 range. Center means that most pawns will generate on the 3-4 scale.

Heni

This mod dont work with Prepare Carefully, i can create a char easy, but when i load the game, all the game screen become black... i hhave removed prepare carefuly mod, sad ;-;

bigheadzach

Quote from: A_Soft_Machine_Man on November 10, 2017, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: Rasperry_Hero on November 07, 2017, 06:04:31 PM

Inverse makes 6-5 on the Kinsey Scale the most common rather than the standard 0-2 range. Center means that most pawns will generate on the 3-4 scale.

So if you're one of those types who enjoy maximum sexual/romantic drama, Center guarantees a majority bi/pansexual population, with only a few individuals being heterosexual/homosexual.