[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Any progress on mayoral office spot?

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 19, 2017, 02:28:20 PM
One of the issues that I saw was that the button for "Prepare carefully" doesn't do anything when clicked. Because of this I'm not using Psychology at all. I'm also curios if it conflicts with any of the Rainbeau's mods related to traits and such. If you have a working mod order I'll happily try it :)
wait i thought psychology added prepare carefully compatibility long ago? You mean you cant have your starting characters use the features of this mod

crusader2010

The moment I add Psychology, the button for Prepare Carefully doesn't work anymore. I've tried several mod orders for the 5 I want and didn't find a successful one.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

coldcell

I can't open the archive for some reason. I downloaded it through Nexus.

megidoladyne

There's got to be something else causing issues. I have both Psychology and Prepare Carefully and they're working fine together. Something missing/corrupted maybe?

crusader2010

Quote from: megidoladyne on December 20, 2017, 02:27:47 PM
There's got to be something else causing issues. I have both Psychology and Prepare Carefully and they're working fine together. Something missing/corrupted maybe?

Do you also have Hospitality and the two mods from Rainbeau (that add/modify traits) ?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

The_Crimson

any help for solving this issue? ive had my colony for a decent while but there doesnt seem to be any elections? any ideas?

coldcell

Can someone upload a mirror of the file? The one from Nexus is corrupted.

Alexander Wilson

I'm having issues with the Nexus download as well.
However, you can download it from github: https://github.com/rwpsychology/Psychology

sidfu

seems the old issue of it cant read pawns xml if not same as base game is back. for example hcsk it  wont apply.

notfood

It's because it's now using HugsLib.DefLoaded, requires the use of DefDatabase at that stage.

notfood

I'll repost the stuff from Discord in case it goes missing.

Since you are using HugsLib's DefsLoaded() you should use instead DefDatabase<ThingDef>.AllDefs to avoid duplicates

You have to test if t.inspectorTabsResolved is not null and t.recipes is not null for those cases where mods replace each other defs, only the last one will be populated, the others will be missing those fields and your code will error. This is optional if you use DefDatabase as it'll never have those fields null.

I reworked your foreach loop to use full LinQ as well:
https://gist.github.com/notfood/1dd9f9e0ef3cabc630eb152167212c3d

The above allows HardcoreSK to load. It seems that t.inspectorTabsResolved is null if you use the def in the mods database instead of the already resolved DefDatabase.

Either will work but DefDatabase has no duplicates.

By the way, I noticed the code block above this part contains an unusued and duplicated ThoughtDef.

TheMathKing

Hi, I have also confirmed that "Prepare Carefully" simply will not work with Psychology installed (Beta 18 release). Is there a reason why?

System.Linq

Merry Christmas, here's an update
-Added Chinese translation
-You can no longer trigger multiple funerals by burying a colonist multiple times
-Both partners' sex drive now taken into account for doing lovin'
-Same-sex couples no longer have astronomically high lovin' MTB (also, lovin' MTB now takes into account all Psychology features)
-Fixed bug that created an error when a translation had the same name for two personality nodes, and added error checking for the future
-Added a "Uniform" distribution for the Kinsey scale so all values are equally likely
-Fixed the bug where elections can't be held on maps with permanent seasons, since there's no fall. They now take place in Septober.

FYI, Prepare Carefully does not work when Psychology's sexuality changes are disabled and the error is on PC's end, not this mod's.

Mst

Quote from: Linq on December 25, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
FYI, Prepare Carefully does not work when Psychology's sexuality changes are disabled and the error is on PC's end, not this mod's.

At last I know what was the problem when Prepare Carefully did not work.

What's the deal with the elections? Do I have to have some more colonists for it to start? Right now I've got four pawns and almost five years into the colony but nothing happens. Could it also be due to disabled Psychology's sexuality?

Harry_Dicks

Thanks for the update, hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

Weird note - whenever I download a mod from Nexus, winrar never can extract the file. Have to use WinZip or 7-Zip.