[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mst

Quote from: Madman666 on December 27, 2017, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: wwWraith on December 27, 2017, 09:35:53 AM
But I'll complain a bit about "hangouts" ;) The situations when only 1 pawn "hanging out" goes to the gathering spot while second just stays where (s)he was, probably in a middle of nowhere on the other side of the map, are still a common thing.

Yep, I am constantly getting that as well. Although in my case, two pawns are just stuck, wherever they were before starting their "hang out with someone" thingy. It doesn't break anything, but is sure looks hella weird.

Same thing but in my case they do not get any joy out of this just standing in a random spot all by themselves.

System.Linq

Quote from: PapaRockett on January 06, 2018, 04:45:52 AM
Mayors are not being elected in my games. Is this a known issue?

Also, dates seem to be getting cancelled automatically

Colonists will cancel dates if they're drafted/have Work time during them. Though they shouldn't be scheduling dates during Work time, unless you change their schedules after.

I am aware of an issue with elections not completing if a candidate is out on a caravan. I'm looking into it.

Quote from: Mst on January 07, 2018, 10:51:38 AM
Quote from: Madman666 on December 27, 2017, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: wwWraith on December 27, 2017, 09:35:53 AM
But I'll complain a bit about "hangouts" ;) The situations when only 1 pawn "hanging out" goes to the gathering spot while second just stays where (s)he was, probably in a middle of nowhere on the other side of the map, are still a common thing.

Yep, I am constantly getting that as well. Although in my case, two pawns are just stuck, wherever they were before starting their "hang out with someone" thingy. It doesn't break anything, but is sure looks hella weird.

Same thing but in my case they do not get any joy out of this just standing in a random spot all by themselves.

Colonists need to be physically close enough to talk in order to start hanging out. The code does the best it can to keep them near each other, but, pawns are fickle. Getting stuck is a known bug relating to them trying to share a task that only one person can do at a time (thus infinitely attempting to reserve an already-reserved object), I've tried to fix it in the past and will continue to look into it.

Madman666

Quote from: Linq on January 09, 2018, 09:17:49 PM
Colonists need to be physically close enough to talk in order to start hanging out. The code does the best it can to keep them near each other, but, pawns are fickle. Getting stuck is a known bug relating to them trying to share a task that only one person can do at a time (thus infinitely attempting to reserve an already-reserved object), I've tried to fix it in the past and will continue to look into it.

Thanks for the info. It seems it got a bit better since the last time I played. It does still happen sometimes, but now I can see people hanging out in rec rooms together a lot more often than stuck on different ends of the map staring into space. I wish you luck getting rid of it completely, keep up the good work.

wwWraith

Quote from: Madman666 on January 10, 2018, 03:31:43 AM
Quote from: Linq on January 09, 2018, 09:17:49 PM

Thanks for the info. It seems it got a bit better since the last time I played. It does still happen sometimes, but now I can see people hanging out in rec rooms together a lot more often than stuck on different ends of the map staring into space. I wish you luck getting rid of it completely, keep up the good work.
Same here, in my new colony it goes pretty well so far (though it's the same version of Psychology). Now I have a suspicion that the problem might be caused by some modded furniture used for gatherings that I haven't build yet, I'll look on it later.

Btw are there any changes in conditions to start a party? I even had some Socialite pawns but there were no parties for more than 7 years. Just a bad luck?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

System.Linq

Not sure. The code I applied to parties was kind of hacky and it's been consistently reported for like a year. I need to look into it thoroughly and test out a better solution, but, well, it's not a priority.

Exende

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.RegionAndRoomQuery.GetRoom (Verse.Thing thing, RegionType allowedRegionTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch1(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

received this error while playing today, is this something to be worried about?

Harry_Dicks

In what ways is this mod not compatible with Zombie Apocalypse, as in RimWorld will crash with both of them going, it messes with zombie behavior, or is it something little that you could ignore? Also, do you mean Zombieland Mod? I searched Google and there used to be a mod called Zombie Apocalypse, so I wasn't completely sure. Last question, does the same thing go for HelpTab? As in, maybe they can still work together, just no help entries for anything from Psychology? Sorry for all of the questions, but sitting here I have my mod list essentially 99% complete, and I was thinking the only 2 major mods I might want to put in are Psychology and Zombieland Mod, and of course it would have to be one of the ones that it isn't compatible with (if it's the right zombie mod we're talking about.)

Thanks for all of the hard work, Linq. It is very much appreciated!

System.Linq

Quote from: Exende on January 10, 2018, 06:43:30 AM
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.RegionAndRoomQuery.GetRoom (Verse.Thing thing, RegionType allowedRegionTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.JobGiver_SpendTimeTogether.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_JoinVoluntarilyJoinableLord:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch1(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

received this error while playing today, is this something to be worried about?

Yes, your computer will explode within 6 days -- oh no! I'm too late!

It's been reported before and will be fixed. Thanks for the extra logs.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 10, 2018, 10:06:51 PM
In what ways is this mod not compatible with Zombie Apocalypse, as in RimWorld will crash with both of them going, it messes with zombie behavior, or is it something little that you could ignore? Also, do you mean Zombieland Mod? I searched Google and there used to be a mod called Zombie Apocalypse, so I wasn't completely sure. Last question, does the same thing go for HelpTab? As in, maybe they can still work together, just no help entries for anything from Psychology? Sorry for all of the questions, but sitting here I have my mod list essentially 99% complete, and I was thinking the only 2 major mods I might want to put in are Psychology and Zombieland Mod, and of course it would have to be one of the ones that it isn't compatible with (if it's the right zombie mod we're talking about.)

Thanks for all of the hard work, Linq. It is very much appreciated!

Zombie Apocalypse is old and busted and gets along with this mod like gasoline and matches. Use Zombieland.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Linq on January 16, 2018, 06:00:32 PM
Zombie Apocalypse is old and busted and gets along with this mod like gasoline and matches. Use Zombieland.

I'm sorry Linq, but I feel like I still do not know the answer to my original questions, as per your OP:

Not currently compatible with Zombie Apocalypse, HelpTab, or Children and Pregnancy.

So it is alright to use with Zombieland? And could you tell me what issues come with HelpTab? Are there just no help entries for anything Psychology related? Or will something happen that it causes RimWorld to crash, or what? I'm sorry if I'm asking too much, but I did not understand what I originally planned to find out :) I'm also kinda dumb ::)

madexd

i cant open the archive ive downloaded from the nexus. it says the archive is corrupted.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: madexd on January 17, 2018, 12:24:21 PM
i cant open the archive ive downloaded from the nexus. it says the archive is corrupted.

That happened to me with winrar. Try 7zip instead. Also, no more of that annoying "Your trial period has expired" pop up from winrar! ;)

madexd

i tried it both with 7zip and winrar. i then downloaded the older version to see if  the problem is on my side, but that one works. ive also redownloaded it several times.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: madexd on January 17, 2018, 12:33:17 PM
i tried it both with 7zip and winrar. i then downloaded the older version to see if  the problem is on my side, but that one works. ive also redownloaded it several times.

I just redownloaded Psychology from Nexus, and extracted it fine with 7-Zip. Maybe try to reinstall a fresh download of the latest version of 7-Zip, because I don't think problem isn't on the file's side, it's on yours. You might not have the right version of 7-Zip for your PC as well, are there not 32 and 64 bit versions? Although I am not sure of if it would matter significantly if you have the wrong version, or if you could even install the wrong version, but I think this would be an appropriate next step for you.

Sinclair200

Hey, great mod! couldn't play without it, thanks for the work!
However i came facing an minor issue: My election started and been there (event, bottom right screen) for 2 days, when at some point when i continued playing, realized that it wasn't there anymore and no one became mayor and this was taking place in spring :p let me know if its normal, cheers!