[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SagaciousNJ

truth be told I'm using quite a few.

Individuality among them.
Is there some way to generate an active mod list or should I just post some screenshots for all the mods in a comprehensive list?

rawrfisher

press CTRL + F12 with the console open.
Copy that link and paste it in a message.  If I seem a bit rough I just had to retype a message 10 times -_-

BTW if you format your messages by using and [c/ode  it makes things look neater  just place the / before the C like [/c
ok so it auto finishes the formatting >.>
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

SagaciousNJ

Thank you rawrfisher

[/c  https://git.io/fA4EP c/]

P.s.
hmm, I clearly don't have a handle on this formatting

rawrfisher

Quote from: SagaciousNJ on September 03, 2018, 10:35:17 PM
Thank you rawrfisher

[/c   https://git.io/fA4EP  c/]

P.s.
hmm, I clearly don't have a handle on this formatting

Thats fine It wont let me put the actual format without applying it lol
The word code goes in the brackets
Professional jerk

Syrchalis

The trick is to use invisible characters.
[⁣code]
Text goes here
[⁣/code]
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-9-6:
- There is now an option in the mod settings to allow you to turn on performance reporting for Psychology. If enabled, you will receive periodic performance reports detailing which Psychology systems have the highest performance cost, and where. You can give me these reports to help me find which parts of Psychology need to be optimized to reduce its FPS impact on the game.
- Based on my own performance testing, the conversation system (perhaps unsurprisingly) contributed significantly to Psychology's performance impact. I've retooled the calculations in that area and added caching to noticeably reduce its FPS footprint. Further optimization is ongoing.
- Added custom graphics for conversation and hanging out motes.
- Added a bunch of the vanilla chitchat/deep talk flavor text to the conversation topics for the appropriate personality traits. I've also expanded on the topics with some of my own, so there should be a lot more variety now.
- The social log will now tell you what personality trait was being discussed when you hover over a conversation.
- Conversations that cause negative thought penalties can now start social fights.
- Pawns hanging out will no longer do so outside of their allowed areas.
- Fixed an NRE on caravaning pawns who experience the Paranoia break.
- Fixed the TaleDefs for mental breaks, which are used for art descriptions.
- Pawns with anxiety will no longer have panic attacks while downed, which could prevent them from resting in beds.
- Cleaned up some of the code for starting planned dates. Dates should be cancelled less often now.
- You will now receive a letter when colonists plan a date. You can turn this off in the mod options.
- Removed all the old update news from previous versions of the game.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-9-7:
-Colonists will now properly synchronize what topic they were talking about again. After the last patch they seemed to have very different ideas of just what that last conversation was about.
-Fixed a bug with the performance reporter if you didn't have Prepare Carefully installed.
-Social fights for conversations will no longer be initiated with themselves.

WolfgangPolska

The Mayorship feature seems to be broken in my colony, the candidates are  presented, but no polling place is chosen ever, and that happens every year
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

System.Linq

Are there any messages about it in your dev console?

Ruisuki

used to happen to me all the time. it wasnt until the 11th year that it finally picked someone. no idea why

WolfgangPolska

Quote from: Linq on September 07, 2018, 03:27:58 PM

I don't know, I didn't have a devmod running, If I manage to get to the Fall today, I will post the output log, as well as devlog from console.
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

System.Linq

Oops, not sure how that made it into release.

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on September 08, 2018, 03:27:24 AM
Quote from: Linq on September 07, 2018, 03:27:58 PM

I don't know, I didn't have a devmod running, If I manage to get to the Fall today, I will post the output log, as well as devlog from console.

You don't need to post the whole log. Just look for a message from Psychology mentioning the election.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-9-8:
- Made some more optimization passes at personalities and improved the performance reporting a bit.
- Pawns are now less likely to start social fights over conversations the less Aggressive they are.
- Instead of being a 50-50 chance, whether a social fight is cathartic or angering is now based on how Aggressive a pawn is, since Aggressive pawns are more likely to think fighting is a valid way to solve disagreements.
- Pawns who win a social fight will now get a positive thought about it.
- Pawns will no longer bite each other in social fights.