[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multistream

System.Linq

Updated to 1.0. As a result of all the translation changes, I've just gone ahead and ditched all the old translations. I'd appreciate it if bilingual Psychology users would contribute up-to-date translations for the latest version.

ruyan

Quote from: Linq on October 31, 2018, 01:22:07 AM
Updated to 1.0. As a result of all the translation changes, I've just gone ahead and ditched all the old translations. I'd appreciate it if bilingual Psychology users would contribute up-to-date translations for the latest version.

Aww, that means the shit show on your workshop page comes to an end.... *throws away popcorn*

My favorite comment was:
QuoteMental break: The Word-Mule is binging on Rainbow Six Siege.
:-D

Cheers mate <3

PreDiabetic

Does this still have issues with Hospitality?

Ruisuki

how do i get the psyche bar to appear? I installed this on a new game two times and in both the tab doesnt show up. the conversations and mayor aspects of the mod are active i just cant see colonists (or raiders) attributes

Sleeeper

Try putting Psychology last in mod load order. This helped me to return the psyche tab for humans (for other races it worked already).

luciddreemer

Thank the the gods. All hail the Lord of Light. May your Stories in RimWorld be full of light, for the night is dark and full of terrors.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Sleeeper on October 31, 2018, 06:56:02 PM
Try putting Psychology last in mod load order. This helped me to return the psyche tab for humans (for other races it worked already).
wow....thank you so much. Seriously man thank you for telling me this! i love this mod and it was killing me that this was missing the whole time. I went 5 in game years without it!

Sleeeper

You're welcome. I just discovered that  today after playing without for weeks, lol.

bigheadzach

Couple of nuance questions:

Does Psychology establish a distinction between casual hookups and actual dating relationships? You mention that there's separate drives for sexuality and romance, so I'm curious about the emergent behavior Psych's rules create. For example, "becoming someone's lover" seems like a different situation than just jumping into bed together - and for that you need double beds in the first place, right?

(Would I need to build double beds to allow hookups to even happen?)

Also, what are your thoughts about eventually implementing polyamory between 3+ individuals or marriages with open arrangements?

icedragon613

Hey, loving this mod and I just started using it. I wanted to know if the "attempting hookup" interaction is from Psychology and if it is, how I can lower the chance of it happening between my two colonists? They're both Extremely Romantic and Extremely Pure so it doesn't make sense that they'd be hooking up; they should be becoming lovers first which is what Extremely Romantic should do if I'm not mistaken.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-11-1 with some localization fixes.

Quote from: icedragon613 on November 01, 2018, 08:16:46 PM
Hey, loving this mod and I just started using it. I wanted to know if the "attempting hookup" interaction is from Psychology and if it is, how I can lower the chance of it happening between my two colonists? They're both Extremely Romantic and Extremely Pure so it doesn't make sense that they'd be hooking up; they should be becoming lovers first which is what Extremely Romantic should do if I'm not mistaken.

No. That is from Rainbeau's Rational Romance, I believe, which disables Psychology's romance changes. I don't recommend you use both of them together unless you prefer RRR's changes (which it sounds like you don't) and don't mind that they are completely divorced from Psychology personalities.

System.Linq

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 01, 2018, 11:54:50 AM
Couple of nuance questions:

Does Psychology establish a distinction between casual hookups and actual dating relationships? You mention that there's separate drives for sexuality and romance, so I'm curious about the emergent behavior Psych's rules create. For example, "becoming someone's lover" seems like a different situation than just jumping into bed together - and for that you need double beds in the first place, right?

(Would I need to build double beds to allow hookups to even happen?)

Also, what are your thoughts about eventually implementing polyamory between 3+ individuals or marriages with open arrangements?

There is no discrete separation between hookups and actual dating. Less Romantic pawns get into and out of Lover relationships more quickly (and do lovin' while in them), and take a lower penalty for breaking up, so they're more casual with relationships. So you need a double bed, yes.

Polyamory has been implemented for probably 2 years now. There is a special trait for it and you can satisfy polyamorous couples simply by giving them all beds in the same room.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Linq on November 01, 2018, 09:34:19 PM
Polyamory has been implemented for probably 2 years now. There is a special trait for it and you can satisfy polyamorous couples simply by giving them all beds in the same room.
OMG. I've been looking at this mod for a long time but I've never pulled the trigger on using it. I downloaded it a few days ago and as soon as I'm finished with my current colony I'll be starting a new one with this. My mind is blown that you have put this in the mod. I look forward to trying it out!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

bigheadzach

Apologies to Linq for not noticing some of the attributes; what this tells me is I've only scratched the surface of what the mod is capable of providing.

That, and everyone needs to incorporate a hookup room into their early-game building plan.