Easy way to kill thrrumbo

Started by James44970, June 30, 2017, 12:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James44970

A thrumbo had randomly appeared and a huge group of traders were passing by, so I shot at the Thrumbo from a far distance and got it angered, then lead it to the group of traders who then downed it. If some of the traders die/get downed you can also take their stuff. But if one of the traders has an incendiary launcher be careful because it may burn the items.

Sola

this also results in negative relation with the visiting faction.

Another easy way is to fire from doors.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

quilzas

The easiest kill I had was when I had a sniper shoot the thrumbo and then immediately run inside. The thrumbo took some hits from my turrets, then ran over a gauntlet of traps, triggering most of them. It was pretty much dead by the time it got inside and was picked off my a couple drafted pawns I had waiting for it.

Spdskatr

I once posted a gif (bah I can't find it now) of me killing a Thrumbo with a very small structure and a short bow. There are many other ways you can easily kill one.
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Sir Prize

Short bow and a door is all it takes :D

Mkok

Thrumbos are like super easy to kill. Just get two guys with decent guns. While the thrumbo chases one of them, the other can shoot it down. After few bullets it will be slower then your colonist  ;D

niklas7737

Quote from: Spdskatr on June 30, 2017, 08:47:10 PM
I once posted a gif (bah I can't find it now) of me killing a Thrumbo with a very small structure and a short bow. There are many other ways you can easily kill one.

I can :P ;D

Quote from: Spdskatr on January 08, 2017, 03:59:40 AM
I present to you... The Thrumbo Killer 6000 Mk.2 Lite

Take down thrumbos with ease!

Only for a cheap price of a few hundred stone and 25 wood! (turret is optional)

You never actually posted a GIF though ...  :o ;)

giannikampa

I use to incap them with an artifact, then operation->eutanize. You better micro the operation phase because they sometime go and feed/tend the beast first and it may wake up before the operation.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

James44970

Quote from: Sola on June 30, 2017, 12:59:13 PM
this also results in negative relation with the visiting faction.

Another easy way is to fire from doors.
Yeah I guess that's the negativity of it.

thealmighty32

Don't know if this is intended, but I had forgotten the Thrumbo was in camp so I went after it as it was leaving. As I began shooting the poor thing, it DID NOT retaliate and was an easy kill.

I have tried this two more times in this same game and it worked each time. As the animal starts to leave, just shoot it dead. No effort on its part to retaliate and no revenge. One of these times there were three of them=three easy horns.

aviv

you can easily kite the beast with ur fastest guy u have , just put ur squad on range , and keep kite him,
the more shoot the beast take , the slower he gets.

you can also build a wooden walls of 2 tiles , and make a traps instead of doors , and shoot the beast from there , when he move on the trap , he probably get slowed cuz hes legs will bleed , from there u can keep shoot and run , also the better meterial of a trap is more DMG

TheMeInTeam

A derpy but effective method is to just make a wall with a door in the middle.  Shoot out of the door, then step back and the thrumbo will try to go around...after which you can simply shoot it and go through the door again until it dies.

If you have shooters well out of range you can have them speed up the process a bit.  Wood walls/door is fine.

christhekiller

I just have my pawns surround it and then open fire. When it starts charging have the one it's attacking run away from it. Rinse and repeat till dead.

kubolek01

More turrets and even more... that's my way. OR kiting (Orassans are faster, 6,0 to 5,4 so it's weird)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

mcgnarman

I unleashed my hive of dromedary's on them. Didn't take long at all