Does anyone know nother colony management games?

Started by FosterKicks, July 01, 2017, 11:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeAddict

Dwarf Fortress is what all games after it can only hope to aspire to be one day when they reach adulthood. Minecraft was born in part because of Notch's fascination with DF.
The learning curve is steep, the path to surviving wave after endless wave of attack steeper still. And then, one day, you decide to dig down into the mountain to find a new vein of mineral to mine, you break into a long forgotten and otherwise unknown cavern layer.

and then, from the borders of your land within this cavern comes a forgotten beast, whose shape is like a toad, he spews webs from his mouth and he is hideous.

AND HE KILLS YOUR ENTIRE FORTRESS IN 5 MINUTES.

you had spent weeks perfecting that fort, and it was all destroyed, because you stupidly hadn't created a military.

sigh....

Seriously Unserious

Quote from: gipothegip on November 12, 2017, 12:39:24 AM
@Seriously Unserious You mean Frostpunk, correct?
Uh, yeah, that's the one.

Quote from: Listen1 on November 16, 2017, 10:19:01 AM
I've been taking a closer look into "They are Billions". It is kinda different game since it is more a "defend the fort RTS" than a colony manager but... it's pretty amazing.

http://www.numantiangames.com/theyarebillions/
Yeah, that one looks good. My first look was watching Enter Elysium's latest LP of it today. I'll have to check out Splatty's LP too, when I have the time.
I suggest the Splattercat gameplay of it, if you wanna have a feel for the game. I intend to purchase this game as soon as it reaches Steam EA
That one looks good. My first look was watching Enter Elysium's latest LP of it today. I'll have to check out Splatty's LP when I have the time.

muffins

Quote from: Romi on August 31, 2017, 04:25:30 PM
dude, I like know a dozen of them!
well similar of course!
Oxygen is not included
That's a lot of fun, especially with the fluid/gas management.
QuoteBanished
Fun, but a bit empty mid to late game.
Quotemaybe Kingdoms And Castles (very early access)
Fun. Still early days though.
QuoteStonehearth (quite quite similar)
Very fun. I've played so much Stonehearth.

There's Gnomoria, but I've hardly played it.

Towns is out there. Quite fun but I think that development halted years ago.

If you think about it Fallout 4 is similar if you want to focus on settlement building.

NeverPire

There is a new game named "First Feudal" very close to Rimworld too.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

FosterKicks

Oh god, i totally forgot about this post! Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Kirby23590

Well i could say "Evil Genius" But it's more close to "Dungeon keeper 1 & 2".

Both are old games but they are still good. Heavily loved "Evil Genius" when i played it as a kid and i played a lot of "Dwarf fortress" back in 2017.

Thinking about getting "They are billions" someday. But i will wait when an official modding kit or tools jump for that game since i want to see some mods of it.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

FosterKicks

Thank yoz Kirby, i have played Evil Genius and DK 1 and 2.  Gonna lock this topic now, thank you everyone again.