whats your most pathetic colonist death?.

Started by crazyroosterman, July 01, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyriaelsoban

Death by sniper rifle headshot, from a guy with 0 shooting skill, trigger happy and at (close to) maximum range ...

Slimy_Slider

Doing a rich explorer colony on Randy Rough with a number of mods, including the Call of Cthulhu Cults mod. A few days in, my lone pawn decides to investigate the eerie tree, which, like an idiot, I had kept on auto investigate. The resultant mood loss put my pawn on an extreme break risk for two entire days, leading to my pawn having a tantrum (psychology mod). Apparently, a tantrum on the rimworlds means punching walls until you completely destroy both your hands and you bleed to death helplessly. The End.

ARiA1089

i had the furnace mod, and since high heat transfers between rooms i was disposing of a few hundred bodies from a few raids

because i bunked everyone up in one room as i didn't have separate housing i accidentally slow cooked them overnight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it was time to harvest all the potatoes from the fields in front of the main base, hydroponics were very power hungry at the time so i didn't bother

so of course randy random decided to throw a raid and i forget to take my colonists inside so of course my auto mortars shell the **** out off my farmers
──▄▀──────────█──
──▄▀───────────█── Careful Kids, he got raided
─▄▀─█───────────█─
█──▄█────────▄──█─
─▀▀─█──█──█──█▄▀
────█──█──█▀▀
────█──█▄▄█
────█──█
────▀▄▄▀

Shiny

Drafted two colonists to hunt a raccoon, one held a gun, the other held a knife. The colonist with the knife ended up with permanent brain damage (1/10).

homemdosgalos

How about springing two wooden traps at once "by accident"? Right when she was rearming one, it springs, and heading to the medical bed, there goes the other one

Lumi, you were such a klutz  ::)

AngleWyrm

Zombies? Yeah I'm not worried. I'mma just go out there an pull up that steel flooring 'cuz we need it.
nom nom nom.
Mmmm brainnnnnzzz
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Perq

Drank a beer - died of liver damage (instantly).

Fully geared (good quality power armor) pawn with plasteel sword getting killed by ~3-4 squirrels. (not actually killed, by dawned and then bled to death)

Walling himself inside a wall and dying out of starvation. I didn't notice him for way too long (had some other matters to take care off, if I remember correctly).

I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

EnricoDandolo

I was shelling an enemy base while sending a small shotgun squad of 3 to go take cover and get ready to cleanup anyone who scattered out of their building/complex/fort.
The shell missed the target by like a long shot, and instead of hitting the middle of their base, it hit my shotgun-sqaud while they were 4/5 of the way to taking cover.
So basically, my arty-man had such a bad day that he decided that it'd be cool for him to get a triple-kill on his own team-mates, because he was complaining about not having a nice table to eat on.

GngBngBus

one of my colonist ran into a group of Raiders (he was a wimp) they shot him, he ran......straight into a dead fall trap, decapitating him FML

PhantomFav

8 colonists killed (3 instantly) in a single shot by a rocket launcher from another of my colonists .-. That was the first and the last time I ever used a f***** rocket launcher :(

Names are for the Weak

Two of my colonists were crushed under a psychic ship during their wedding.

Mkok

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on July 18, 2017, 05:32:26 AM

Thats pretty sad. Didnt know psychic ship can crush colonists  :o

For me, the most pathetic death was probably that one raider I used for training purposes. I chopped of his legs, put him on the floor in a small dark cave, and wuld repeatedly hit him with incidiery launcher and then heal him. Once my doctor became lvl 20 I planned to use him for training melee, but it was too much micromanaging, so I set him on fire one last time. First time I kinda felt sorry for a raider. But at least he wasnt freezing like everyone else  ;D

EnricoDandolo

This is more like a prisoner death to be honest.
My prison cells in my extreme desert map (Just started) Each had their own corpse in them to serve as "Food", the walls and doors are made of stone, and they each hold one prisoner.
This was around the time when we were starving to death, so I couldn't give prisoners food.
The prisoner was a pyromaniac, and went berserk, and started setting things on fire. The only flammable thing in that room was himself, and the corpse.
Essentially what happened was he cooked himself alive, using the corpse as fuel, and I didn't even notice since I hadn't set home-areas yet for that cell.
sucidial prisoners op

mcgnarman

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on July 18, 2017, 05:32:26 AM

Holy crap. Imagine if you could get a large sculpture made depicting that in game too.

Ekarus

Colony got hit by a load of mechanoids, there were around eight centipedes and I think six scyhters, two of which had those god-awful railguns.

Didn't have access to any armor, just some sniper rifles and such, funneled em as one does and won without any casualties. Several of the centipedes were downed but not dead so I sent a colonist to shoot at one of the downed mechanoids in hopes of leveling her up.

She had a heart attack and dropped dead on the spot.