whats your most pathetic colonist death?.

Started by crazyroosterman, July 01, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolgfred

Recently I had a hard time at my fort, which left every colonist in a very stressed shape. Some might say this was caused by massive human butchering, but nobody knows for sure.

One fine day, My doctor was gathering chunks or something in the wild, while he was struck by a small cave-in caused by some reckless biker miner (yes his name was biker... riker.. striker something).

Whist he got a very though heart damage for some reason (his head was okay, so I think it was an emotional roof), but had no problem treating himself on the spot. Now, having 3/20 heart left or so, he went for the cook, which hat some rat bites with multiple infections and was sitting hospital.
As my Doctor fed the cook, his own meal, he got food poison, which instantly caused him start raging. He punched the doctor at his heart, who instantly died.
Whilst this the third colonist turned pyromanic and warmed up the situation.

As this happend, old bro rikerstrikerbiker cam for extinguisingment, but couldnt event enter the rooms, as a single bed and table were too hot to enter, so i had to draft him and watch the scene.

Colony was refunded, but rikerbiker was never the same again...
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Artorias

Well, it was just a normal day in the colony, when a thrumbo event ocurred. Then, well, i decided to hunt him. Things were going just fine, my colonists wounded the thrumbo several times in the legs before going mad.

But then... Right before the thrumbo goes mad, a colonist designed to mine some steel walked near the thrumbo. When it got manhunter, it decided to follow the colonist. Just close enough to hit him and cut his head off clean.
You know, if I ever get shipwrecked I really hope I am the only survivor that plays Rimworld.

Armorpiercing125

One of my colonists died to a manhunter rat.

marten

Noting to smoke, went berserk. Was my only doctor.

Chibiabos

I lost a whole colony, back in α7, to a pack of manhunting squirrels.

Yeah, you heard me.  Squirrels.

It was nuts.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Nameless

Thought I paused the game and went to eat dinner. Came back and everyone is dead. Loaded the earliest auto save, still missing one pawn who is one of the most important one.

I will never find out what happened to her.

kubolek01

Is dropping roof on someone applicable? Right on its head?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Jimmyhilluk

Welcome to the mountain kingdom, a solid wall of mountain to the south of the region with a small alcove cut into it made the perfect starting point. The alcove served as a killing field for my turrets which I had naively set up in two 5 long, 2 thick lines either side of the path into the mountain halls.
A raid was coming, the largest I had seen so far (second colony). They were taking their time setting up so I rallied my colonists and had them wait behind the second
Defence #1: whilst they were preparing a trade caravan rocked up and made their way to the colony. Stopping halfway through the sandbag wall and deciding that was a perfect place to mill about.
The raid came and a few were caught in the crossfire, but it wasn't until the guy with the grenades got in close and was torn apart by the turrets that things hit the fan. Stray rounds flew everywhere, some catching a trader. They took that as hostile intensions and set about slaughtering my colonists. After the first two were outright killed by shotgun blasts to the face I called it quits and reloaded.
Defence #2: the autosave brought me back to just after the arrival of the raid. No traders this time, just a short wait for the raiders to head in. A hail of bullets later and the guy with the grenades made it to his maximum range.
Bang. Oh there goes a turret.
Phizzzzzz. What's that?
Boom. Oh turrets explode?
BoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoomBoom. @&#£!
New red carpet went down in a split second as my colonists firing over the turrets are vaporised.
Defence 3: build mortar to deal with them at range. Don't have mortar shells.
Reload.
Defence 4: rare thrumbo joins the party stands where the traders stood during the first raid, have turrets and colonists fire upon it before raid begins.
Favourite colonists all but cut clean in half.
Reload.
Defence 5: no extras, just a good old fire fight between me and the baddies. Even kill the grenade guy with a headshot before he makes it through the alcove bottleneck.
Mental break. Snobby colonist too good for hauling wanders out into field of fire and gets torn to pieces by the last raider's final volley.
I count that as a sacrifice I'm willing to make and carry on.
Moments later everyone important is struck down with malaria and the barely useful colonists struggle to keep things running. Even run out of meds after patching up all the war wounds accumulated.
Give up.
Build new colony.

Fitz471

My personal favourite -

Another faction comes to offer military assistance and arrives by drop pod.
Right through a roofed area of my mountain base.
The resulting roof collapse kills my best medic.
There was no actual raid happening, only some as yet undiscovered ancient danger.
They hung around for a bit and then left.

Errr... thanks guys.

Kirby23590

Not really a pathetic death but...

Well i think i remember the name... Sam, she was one of the original three.

She was good shot and was one of the main builders of the colony. So i gave her the bolt-action rifle or the survival rifle? ( Can't remember if i was playing in A15 or in A16. )

In a few days a thrumbo has arrived but it wasn't the real cause of her demise. In the same day we were attacked by raiders and they were outnumbering us. 7v3 are you kidding me! ( I think i had a pacifist so that makes us 4 but she doesn't count. ) But however the thrumbo is still around near my colony.

So i send sam to shot the thrumbo to enrage it. it worked, as the angry thrumbo tries to attack the raiding party but it wasn't doing a good job.

One of those taffers with a pistol was near our colony but she was not well equiped unlike her brother and sisters fighting the thrumbo with rifles.
but she was close so i send sam to put down that raider with the pistol.

Sam missed with her rifle. but the raider... she looked back and fired her sidearm... and the bullet pierced through sam's skull... and hitting the brain...

I panicked but sam wasn't dead. She was still alive... i send her friends to save her. ( including her rifle. ) But it was a close call...

The raiders fled. But that son of a hag was still alive, who shot sam. And the thrumbo was still alive but heavily wounded by the raiders and still angry.

However friendly tribals have came to dispatch the thrumbo. ( I think called with the comms. can't remember my memory is fuzzy. ) They did kill the thrumbo with their bows and spears.

Sam was cured of her wounds but she was put in a coma... permanently...

She had a pet yorkshire but we sold it to traders.

While the colony has grown to support more people. Sam was sleeping in her bed for many days. Her friends regularly enter her room try to cheer her up and feed her food.

It was a sad day for Sam. Bedridden for her entire life... put into a coma by a raider from a bullet through the brain and somehow survived but barely breathing nor moving. We built her a crytosleep casket for her, but it felt like a tomb for her. It was kind of sad, while everyone was happy. She wasn't even though her mood meter cannot go up or down...

And that's the story of Sam.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kubolek01

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 13, 2017, 08:38:46 PM
Not really a pathetic death but...

Well i think i remember the name... Sam, she was one of the original three.

She was good shot and was one of the main builders of the colony. So i gave her the bolt-action rifle or the survival rifle? ( Can't remember if i was playing in A15 or in A16. )

In a few days a thrumbo has arrived but it wasn't the real cause of her demise. In the same day we were attacked by raiders and they were outnumbering us. 7v3 are you kidding me! ( I think i had a pacifist so that makes us 4 but she doesn't count. ) But however the thrumbo is still around near my colony.

So i send sam to shot the thrumbo to enrage it. it worked, as the angry thrumbo tries to attack the raiding party but it wasn't doing a good job.

One of those taffers with a pistol was near our colony but she was not well equiped unlike her brother and sisters fighting the thrumbo with rifles.
but she was close so i send sam to put down that raider with the pistol.

Sam missed with her rifle. but the raider... she looked back and fired her sidearm... and the bullet pierced through sam's skull... and hitting the brain...

I panicked but sam wasn't dead. She was still alive... i send her friends to save her. ( including her rifle. ) But it was a close call...

The raiders fled. But that son of a hag was still alive, who shot sam. And the thrumbo was still alive but heavily wounded by the raiders and still angry.

However friendly tribals have came to dispatch the thrumbo. ( I think called with the comms. can't remember my memory is fuzzy. ) They did kill the thrumbo with their bows and spears.

Sam was cured of her wounds but she was put in a coma... permanently...

She had a pet yorkshire but we sold it to traders.

While the colony has grown to support more people. Sam was sleeping in her bed for many days. Her friends regularly enter her room try to cheer her up and feed her food.

It was a sad day for Sam. Bedridden for her entire life... put into a coma by a raider from a bullet through the brain and somehow survived but barely breathing nor moving. We built her a crytosleep casket for her, but it felt like a tomb for her. It was kind of sad, while everyone was happy. She wasn't even though her mood meter cannot go up or down...

And that's the story of Sam.
It was an insane idea to do such thing. You gotta just hit and run inside, watching the bloodbath in the field. Then, wait til Manhunting goes off ;)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Kirby23590

Quote from: kubolek01 on November 14, 2017, 01:45:31 AM
It was an insane idea to do such thing. You gotta just hit and run inside, watching the bloodbath in the field. Then, wait til Manhunting goes off ;)
Thank you for listening to my story... I learned many mistakes from playing and learning, i could had the left the thrumbo doing its work. it can survived many gunshots from assault rifles and machine pistols.

But i still remember that freaking raider that i will gladly harvest her organs. I can't remember her name since i was playing in A15 or was A16?
But i know how she looked like! she had a pink shirt, a gray tuque and a hulk body size.

And some of the fragments of the map before the incident. (Sorry i don't have the screenshot. i deleted it from my steam screenshot folder :()

S = Sam
R = Raider
O = Wall
+ = Door
    O
    OO
      O
      S
      O
      O
      O
      +
      O
  OOO
  O            R
  O            O
  O            O
  O            O
  O            O

But if i ever see a pink shirt and a gray tuque with a hulk body raider in my game in A17 or in A18. I will kill that son of a hagraven and harvest it's organs and butcher it's corpse and wear it's human leather hat in the name for Sam! >:(

EDIT: Replaced walls with O

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ScienceBear

Quote from: Slimy_Slider on July 01, 2017, 09:01:15 PM
I was trying to level my the medicine skill of my doctor and decided to use force powers (Using the Star Wars force mod) to cause minor damage to one of my pawns. I drafted my Sith colonist and got her to use force drain on my hauler/janitor. I had used this ability before and it had always inflicted only minor burns on the body of enemies, before or since this incident. First use on my colonist instantly creates a brain burn and permanent brain damage. The injured pawn later died during a plague epidemic, not because he had the disease, but because my only doctor didn't get around to feeding him in time.
Yea thats pretty pathetic

squippy

Quote from: crazyroosterman on September 02, 2017, 01:29:46 PM
eh? I didn't know colonists having mental breaks could wander of the edge of the map?.

They don't any more, this was a few versions back.

Manleather_Cowboy

A pyromaniac thought it was a good idea to ignite the artillery shells.
Spoiler alert: it was, because it rid me of one pyromaniac.