Quote from: Robloxsina66 on July 17, 2017, 05:57:05 PM
i have an error that u couldn't click on the map buttom

Logs, please. Use Ctrl+F12.

well this

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

SpaceDorf

The preview of the map is great.
A highly useful information.

But I thought the landscape of a map was bound to the seed ?

Or are you also generating a new landscape ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 18, 2017, 07:59:20 AM
A seed can paint an infinite series of worlds.

The hand of fate creates a sequence which we as yet cannot see, but that sequence is already defined forever into the future. And so we walk a path that was placed by the ancients.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 18, 2017, 08:20:10 AM
The hand of fate creates a sequence which we as yet cannot see, but that sequence is already defined forever into the future. And so we walk a path that was placed by the ancients.

Help. I am imprisoned in a fortune cookie factory !

By definition this is true.
But when the fixed rules of RW's Map Generation Algorithm are applied the outcome of a given seed is always predetermined.
I am aware that some mods can influence those rules, though, and a generated world can look different with a different set of mods.

This is also the reason why I was curious if UnlimitedHugs is creating the new layouts by himself or if this is a actual unknown ( to me ) Rimwolrd Feature.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 18, 2017, 10:43:15 AM
Help. I am imprisoned in a fortune cookie factory !
Heee! If I can't see what's over the next hill then does it exist?

Are the layouts drawn as cards from the endless deck of the world seed that shuffled them, or is another random number generator used?

Ya know, if another random number generator was used, where would it get it's seed? From the first one? Seems like all the random numbers ever generated could be started with a single seed fraction, and marked on a magic staff as the dividing line of proportion between two parts.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Which sound does a lumberjack make, when he is crushed under the falling tree and no one is there to hear it ?

And come on .. we allready know this single seed fraction  .. it's 42.

But it might as well be what happened when someone figured out what the universe meant and it turned itself into something more complicated.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on July 17, 2017, 09:08:47 PM
https://gist.github.com/69fb63ffab58e5bbfccd1d4959a8b19f

Looks like HelpTab is to blame. Also- good Lord, that mod list.
There are some strange issues with Combat Realism, as well.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 18, 2017, 07:59:20 AM
The preview of the map is great.
A highly useful information.
Or are you also generating a new landscape ?

Basically, the map contents are determined by the seed and the world location, to factor in biomes, rivers, coasts, etc. What I do is temporarily swap out the world seed while the map generates.
Also, the preview maker is based on an extremely stripped down map generator.

Which makes all of existence a deterministic fractal pattern of unfathomable complexity :)

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 18, 2017, 12:13:41 PM
Are the layouts drawn as cards from the endless deck of the world seed that shuffled them, or is another random number generator used?

That depends on the setting- when deterministic mode is on, each new preview seed is mathematically derived from the previous one- so that you can always have the same sequence of maps. When off, seeds are derived from the time at which they are requested, sooo... no true randomness to be found here, either :P
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

SpaceDorf

The "simple" solutions are always best.

Thank you for your understandable answer :)

UnlimitedHugs

With no significant issues found, I have merged the new features back into Map Reroll.
The original idea was to make a separate mod, but since the content portion was decided against, there's really no reason to publish the new features separately.
This concludes the beta, and any additional work will be done on the main version.
Thank you everyone for trying out the new features, and I'll see you in the main Map Reroll thread :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam