Trying to start up a save.

Started by SUCCBO11, July 01, 2017, 09:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUCCBO11

Before I begin, i know i should just forget about my save from alpha 16. But I've come so close to fixing it. It was modded, heavily, and I took out all of the mod-related errors. I'm still getting two errors on startup, and I don't think they're mod-related.

Keys count does not match the values count while loading a dictionary (maybe keys and values were resolved during different passes?). Some elements will be skipped. keys=166, values=206
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(Dictionary`2&, String, LookMode, LookMode, List`1&, List`1&)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(Dictionary`2&, String, LookMode, LookMode)
RimWorld.ResearchManager:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(ResearchManager&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(ResearchManager&, String, Object[])
Verse.Game:ExposeSmallComponents()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__854()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851()

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Game.FillComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.ExposeSmallComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__854 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851()

If somebody could help me, that would be much appreciated. I have 180+ hours into this save.

Calahan

I'm moving this to mod bugs because if this is from an A16 game then the devs won't touch it anyway, plus if you are using a lot of mods then I doubt the devs would touch it even if it was A17b. Either way this does not belong in the main bugs forum.

I'm afraid I don't know enough mod errors / log errors in general to be able to help you myself.

SUCCBO11

Update: I was able to fix the research manager error.