Turret gunners

Started by Hiztaar, May 02, 2014, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiztaar

Hi !

A simple suggestion here. Turrets are actualy automatic in detection and firing. I was thinking, what if there were turrets needing a gunner to work properly ? With no need for power and perhaps high dps output but requiring a colonist to press the trigger and to risk its life ?
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Celthric Aysen

On the serious note,
Yeah this would really be a nice feature to have, especially for the modding community.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Darkfirephoenix

The "Normal" turrets should be only avaible after some research, but you should be able to build "Manned" turrets from the start, I mean: The turrets right now seem to have some kind of Friend-Foe sensor and such stuff is pretty difficult to do if you just crash landed on an planet (I could understand a turret with "shoot everything that moves" but even that is rather complex).

Celthric Aysen

Or....
Let the turrets be controlled by a colonist on a computer.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Sion

So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

TimMartland

I think that the advantage should be the emplacement uses the colonists accuracy. So a marine operating a turret would be massively more accurate than the auto-turrets are. Inversely, an engineer or noble operating a turret will just spray bullets randomly (and quite spectacularly) into the sky and might even manage to get their fingers caught in the loading mechanism. Them nobles...
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman