Is Tynan dead?

Started by sarke, July 03, 2017, 07:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarke

It's been quite some time since there has been any indication of life from Tynan. No Twitter posts, no dev blogs, not even a forum post. Has he died and the moderators forgot to tell us?

dburgdorf

He was last active here on the forums just two days ago. That hardly seems like "quite some time."  :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Bozobub

Perhaps he's, I dunno...  Coding and squishing bugs, or something really odd like that?

Relax.
Thanks, belgord!

dreamzinc

Tynans just a busy little guy.

Bozobub

It's also close to July 4.  Assuming Tynan lives in the US — or even if not — I actually rather hope he's kicking back for a bit; it's perfect BBQ-and-brew time for most of the Northern Hemisphere at the moment.
Thanks, belgord!

erdrik

He has been less active with communications when compared to way back, but I suspect thats mostly because he has way more work to do at this point. Also I think in general he becomes less active with communications after an Alpha Release's follow up hotfixes, because he is hard at work planning and setting up for the next Alpha. At this point there isn't much feedback from us is going to do, except slow down development. I would imagine getting feedback is usually for just before planning, closer to release, and shortly after release.

Canute

People, its summer, some people doing some vacation or just be lazy, ok other call it to be dead ! :-)

skullywag

He posted 4 days ago on the sub reddit. There are many places to gather feedback about the game and for him to engage with the community. Keep that in mind.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Bolgfred

Probably he is just playing rimworld himself.
Otherwise I am not sure if he is working fulltime on Rimworld.
There might be some others project in his life, like making babies or herding Muffalos. Last one is kind of time consuming, trust me.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Seeker89

Quote from: Bozobub on July 03, 2017, 11:41:58 PM
It's also close to July 4.  Assuming Tynan lives in the US — or even if not — I actually rather hope he's kicking back for a bit; it's perfect BBQ-and-brew time for most of the Northern Hemisphere at the moment.

You know Tynan is in Montreal right? that's in Canada eh. He is most likely out doing something big for Canada's 150th.

Bozobub

I would think my post made it reasonably clear I didn't know where Tynan is from, and furthermore, I can't care less without disappearing in a large gamma-ray energy "burst" event, along with the rest of the Solar System and our neighboring stars; my gargantuan amount of "I don't give a f*ck" outmasses quasars!  Kiss Proxima Centauri buh-bye...

Useful hint:  Canada is in the Northern Hemisphere and a party is a party, no matter where you are, whether or not it includes well-scorched meats and alcohol ;D.

(Sorry, you didn't do anything to deserve such a wiseass answer but I quite literally couldn't resist.  I do beg your pardon; it's a sickness.)

Nevertheless, silly snark aside, my post was perfectly relevant as-is; I don't see the problem.  If he wants to work constantly by choice there's nothing wrong with that but just about anyone can use a break from time to time, no matter where they hail from.  And a good BBQ + good liquor (assuming you like either) is a fine way to do so, but the form of your relaxation really doesn't matter much (assuming it's legal and/or there are no witnesses, ofc), if it works for you...
Thanks, belgord!

carbon

Can you even kill a god?

Britnoth

Quote from: Bolgfred on July 04, 2017, 06:06:50 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAAAAAA

:-[

RazorHed

What the even!!>?? Whens Alpha 20 coming out then?

Bozobub

Quote from: Britnoth on July 04, 2017, 12:27:31 PM
Quote from: Bolgfred on July 04, 2017, 06:06:50 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAAAAAA

:-[
If he's coding, I wouldn't be surprised; you have to run the game to test/find bugs, after all.
Thanks, belgord!