Corpses never get disposed in ice sheet

Started by narf03, January 01, 2016, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narf03

There are corpses everywhere in my map, the temperature always below zero, so they never rot, their clothes will disappear after a while, but the body remains for more than a game year. For ice sheet alone, please do have some kind of timer that will allow snow slowly cover the body and make it permanently disappear after lets say 30-60 game days.

If they are near to my base, i would handle it, but they are so far away, mostly killed by my mortar, 2 npc fractions attacking each other, like man-hunting pack kill them.

Also sand bags, ammunition that left over by siege, the map getting more and more junk over the time. Need some sort of garbage collector system.

Duban

Quote from: narf03 on January 01, 2016, 07:11:07 PM
There are corpses everywhere in my map, the temperature always below zero, so they never rot, their clothes will disappear after a while, but the body remains for more than a game year. For ice sheet alone, please do have some kind of timer that will allow snow slowly cover the body and make it permanently disappear after lets say 30-60 game days.

If they are near to my base, i would handle it, but they are so far away, mostly killed by my mortar, 2 npc fractions attacking each other, like man-hunting pack kill them.

Also sand bags, ammunition that left over by siege, the map getting more and more junk over the time. Need some sort of garbage collector system.

Most of my ice sheet corpse issues come from enemies and visitors that froze to death in -100C weather. The build up is crazy and results in major complaints for any colonists that stray too far from the main base, and it's impossible to clear them as most of the year it's too cold to stray far from the base. It's part of living on an ice sheet, I guess.

Innese

If you don't want to cheat, you could always try using a mortar to get rid of the corpses.

Otherwise its either brave the cold or use the dev menu for now.

Runa

Create some narrow tunnels to the end of the map and build some heating units. Or you can bring one warm jacket before your depart to your colony and have one of your colonists wear it so they can go out in the cold weather and collect the corpses. Or wait until you have a trader come along (or call a trader) and exchange your silver for a heavy jacket, although they might die in the cold too!

Gotta get that human leather!

N0xiety

Having the same problem here. Its my 10th year and there must be like more than 1000 corpses all over the map and my colonists just don't have the time for even collecting cargo drops let alone corpses. The game started lagging because of all the corpses and cargo drops that are on the ground. You literally can't walk 5 blocks before seeing another corpse... I think a system should be implemented which corpses get covered by snow in time and then dissapear into the ice sheet.

A Friend

Quote from: N0xiety on January 02, 2016, 05:16:18 AM
Having the same problem here. Its my 10th year and there must be like more than 1000 corpses all over the map and my colonists just don't have the time for even collecting cargo drops let alone corpses. The game started lagging because of all the corpses and cargo drops that are on the ground. You literally can't walk 5 blocks before seeing another corpse... I think a system should be implemented which corpses get covered by snow in time and then dissapear into the ice sheet.

Mortars, explosive or incendiary.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

narf03

Quote from: A Friend on January 02, 2016, 06:01:34 AM
Quote from: N0xiety on January 02, 2016, 05:16:18 AM

Mortars, explosive or incendiary.

u need nuclear strikes.

RawCode

same as IRL:
http://sometimes-interesting.com/2011/06/29/over-200-dead-bodies-on-mount-everest/

probably colonists should stop caring about dead bodies as soon as seen X bodies at same time.

asanbr

Use frag grenades. Fastest way to get rid of many bodies. If you stockpile them first, may be faster thanks for the area of effect explosion.

Edit: I like the idea of teh bodies getting snow-covered and disappearing on the ice sheet. Like someone else posted, it happens in reality.

Quote from: narf03 on January 01, 2016, 07:11:07 PM

Grimandevil

introduce some wildlife that would eat corpses.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

RoboticManiac

I consider this a feature. I'm free to butcher the corpses to my heart's content, and not have to worry about them rotting. :)