RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on August 10, 2015, 02:24:56 PM-Snippets of Terror birds and Dire birds.-

Not exactly what I had in mind, But I laughed my ass off, and besides this would be just as fun! Albeit a lot more Hilarious!

Dire Bird:http://aow2.heavengames.com/aowsm/pics/units/summoned/direpenguin.gif

Terror Bird: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Phorusrhacidae For those who don't know what Terror birds are.
Claims to know most things.

Noobshock

QuoteAdded new songs: Jovian Cycle and Rough Trail.

Good on you Tynan for taking the music seriously! Been great so far, so I hope to see even more added before this is over :D

christhekiller

QuoteWounded colony animals go to bed for treatment (if no critical combat tasks are pressing).

No Mr Muffalo get out of bed! You'll break it!

Tynan

Quote from: Noobshock on August 10, 2015, 07:15:48 PM
Good on you Tynan for taking the music seriously! Been great so far, so I hope to see even more added before this is over :D

Thanks :) Yes Al was busy for a while (on work I hooked him up with!) but now he's back and slamming out animal sounds and music. A12 will have at least 5 new music pieces and likely several more than that.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mr.Cross

Claims to know most things.

skullywag

Al makes the animal noises as well?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jorlem

QuoteAdded way to enable/deny medicine in different qualities to any colonist, prisoner, or tame animal, from a the health tab.
Does this include types of medicine, so we can restrict prisoners to only get herbal meds, for example?

Edit:
Derp, nevermind, misread "qualities" as "quantities" somehow.  My bad.

Tynan

Quote from: Jorlem on August 11, 2015, 11:45:14 AM
QuoteAdded way to enable/deny medicine in different qualities to any colonist, prisoner, or tame animal, from a the health tab.
Does this include types of medicine, so we can restrict prisoners to only get herbal meds, for example?

Yes.

skullywag

Is that system expandable to mod based medicines?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

Quote from: skullywag on August 11, 2015, 11:59:12 AM

Not now, there's no room on the UI to expand it anyway.

Bob_Namg

Quote from: Tynan on August 11, 2015, 01:42:49 PM
Quote from: skullywag on August 11, 2015, 11:59:12 AM

Not now, there's no room on the UI to expand it anyway.
But could somebody shoehorn it in? I've seen mods where people screwed around w/ the UI a lot before.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

White_Night

Quote from: puddlejumper448 on August 05, 2015, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: White_Night on August 05, 2015, 03:43:15 AM
Hey tynan, will there be random starts at some point?
I would love to see that because at the moment i always choose the easy starts and want/need to be forced to play in the harder areas  ;)
Maybe with the option of still choosing your survivors and only areas are random? You could just place a "random button" in the choice making menus.

It would be more immersiv for me this way! I mean would crashing from space give you the option that you can still choose which and where people will survive/crash?

You can already do random, the default world size is 200x150, Random number both of those and then on the landing site selection, where it tells you temp, rainfall, elevation, etc. there are "Debug Coordinates" (http://i.imgur.com/ey0EnXC.png Example [Don't want to clog the thread with an embed]). The 200 is Horizontal and the 150 is vertical, just use your numbers and find it on the map. I recommend rolling 3 times though so you don't have to minimize if it puts you in the ocean.

That being said, it is a lot of steps to take everytime, I would love a button that does it also.

but in the end i still have to press yes if it´s a cold region :P I really want a button which sends me straight to the new colonie^^

Jimyoda

What's the difference between refactoring and rebalancing?
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

b0rsuk

Quote from: Jimyoda on August 12, 2015, 04:31:57 PM
What's the difference between refactoring and rebalancing?
Refactoring is a term used for cleaning up code. You don't rebalance a program. You refactor it. After a refactoring it may do exactly the same, and look identical on the outside, but it's easier to work with. Imagine an inventor making a prototype where some parts are held together by duct tape. Later, he removes the duct tape and replaces it with more reliable and standarized parts.

When code is not refactored once in a while, it starts to resemble a giant hairball. Adding functionality is increasingly more expensive, you find yourself rewriting portions of code just to change a few things. For example, if it was badly designed Tynan might need to have one treatment system for colonists and another for animals. If it's nicely written, it's enough to supply animal or colonist as an argument...
QuoteRefactored and slightly rebalanced medical treatment quality system.
The rebalancing seems to suggest that some numbers have changed. Medicine quality has different impact than before.
The refactoring probably refers to the implementation, the internals of the treatment system. May be easier to mod or further develop the game.

Jstank

Redid research bench graphics.

Like I said, Customer Service!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux